ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Platinum Hit

Post by ken »

Well, they finally did it. They put Song Fight on TV. I just caught a few minutes of this show:

http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/netw ... latinumhit

Bravo's new music competition series "Platinum Hit" showcases emerging singer-songwriters on their quest to become the next big hitmaker. The series will give viewers a front row seat to experience the journey and aspirations of these gifted songwriters and an inside look at this unique creative process for the first time.

The series will follow 12 musicians as they battle through innovative songwriting challenges that will test their creativity, patience and drive. From dance track to love ballad, every episode will feature a different theme that will require the contestants to write and perform lyrics from multiple genres. Their intimate life stories and personal drama will unfold within the show and in their lyrics as they compete and live together.

In the end, only one is crowned the ultimate hitmaker walking away with a $100,000 cash prize, publishing deal with Sony and with BMI Songwriters, The Writing Camp, and a recording deal with RCA/Jive.

"Platinum Hit" is produced by True Entertainment for Bravo. Glenda Hersh, Steven Weinstock, Evan Bogart, Tim Bogart, Faye Stapleton and Marvin V. Acuna serve as executive producers.
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur

Re: Platinum Hit

Post by king_arthur »

Interesting... various clips (but not the full episode) available at:

http://www.bravotv.com/platinum-hit/season-1/videos/

...and if you don't mind a 30 second commercial between each episode, it looks like you probably get to see most of the show...

Looks like the two judges (Kara D. and Jewel) choose who goes home each week, and for the first week, it sounds like the contestants wrote in groups of three and so the judges even had to decide which of the three had contributed the least.

Thanks for the pointer!
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Sounds more like Nur Ein, really, but then again Nur Ein was an application of the "reality" format to Song Fight to begin with so that makes sense.

If there is a second season I hope Jonathan Mann gets on that, because I mean, come on, he does that DAILY, and if anyone deserves $100K + a publishing deal for the ability to pull songs out of somewhere on a regular basis, it's him.
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Post by jb »

bunch of pussies.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

jb wrote:bunch of pussies.
that's the attitude! this ain't no fucking Song Love!
Hi!
Edge of LA
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Edge of LA »

I'm actually digging this show.

There is a huge disparity, though, between lyrics having critical acclaim, versus having a sell-able hit. Some huge hits out there are far from poetic, yet, the most colorful of lyrics don't always make it beyond filler in an album.

my 2 cents.
Maaah SPOON is TOO BIG! ----

http://moxieprophets.com