Blab about the Boob Tube.
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Daredevil

Post by Niveous »

It's the tale of a pair of inner city lawyers who fight to keep their city clean against a charismatic crime boss with deep pockets and lots of connections. When the law is no longer enough, one of the lawyers becomes a vigilante, waging a bloody one man war.

...oh and it happens to be based on a Marvel comic.

It was so good.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Daredevil

Post by Lunkhead »

I've only watched the first episode so far. Overall I liked it. There were some touch-and-go moments, like the montage at the end, but I appreciated that they were almost too subtle with some of the details of what was going on. I look forward to watching the rest of it.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

I'm five episodes in and taking it pretty slow. It's incredibly intense. Cox's performance is amazing, as are the fight choreography and the cinematography. Highly recommended.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

We started watching the second season and it's mostly feeling not nearly as good as the first season. The first season was so well put together. Now I feel like they are right off the bat going back to that tired old "you and I are the same" kind of dynamic between the hero and the villain, or in this case the anti-hero. I don't think, four episodes in, that they've established the Punisher as anywhere near as compelling a character as the Kingpin. He's just not scary or menacing or creepy or disgusting. He's kind of one note so far. Hopefully he'll get fleshed out in a more interesting way especially if they're going to give him a whole season of his own. We just finished the episode with Elektra's appearance at the very end, so, new story arc to come I guess.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Post by ujnhunter »

Just watched this (Season 1) with my wife. Really enjoyed it... up until Episode 12 (lots of bad continuity errors that I can't Google anyone else complaining about... oddly) and Episode 13 when he finally ::spoiler:: gets his costume. Looked better with the black mask. My wife is excited for Season 2 now, but seeing that Jessica Jones & Luke Cage aren't on Blu-ray yet... I'm sure she's going to have to wait quite some time.
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

After finishing season 2, I still felt like overall it wasn't as good as season 1. Jessica Jones was pretty good. DD S2 and Luke Cage just both felt kinda meh. :/ We'll see if Iron Fist is good or meh.