Page 4 of 8

Re: How I found out abput Song Fight!

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:23 pm
by jb
Angel of Rock wrote:I'm still a newbie and I don't have much talent yet.
You have as much talent as you're ever going to have. :)

Thanks

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:54 pm
by Angel of Rock
Thanks, john m and jb

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:47 pm
by Æpplês&vØdkã
I looked up Kompressor on wikipedia, the article mentioned songfight, I clicked on that wikipedia article, and i thought the idea was cool, so I clicked through.


Why is wikipedia censored?

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:49 pm
by Niveous
Long long story. But kudos to you for finding a way around that.

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:45 pm
by Yousable
Other as in I got it off of a website looking for freebie music stuff to work with. Which one you ask? I didn't think to bookmark it, just clicked the link and here I am.

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:55 pm
by wormsweater
In my google searches for They Might Be Giants fansites a year or so ago, I found a wiki (TMBW) which posted TMBG related news on its front page. One news entry gave a link to the now semi-famous songstowearpantsto.com, where Andrew Huang covered Birdhouse In Your Soul, and I became hooked on his website and music. One day, I joined the forum he and some fans set up for his music, and found in one thread a random links page, where somebody had posted a link for MC Frontalot, and bada-bing: SF was introduced to me through nerdcore hip-hop. (I only recently joined the thread after submiitting a song as wormsweater.)

Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:36 am
by boochinballs
As I guess a lot of people did, I heard about Song Fight through MC Frontalot.

Been meaning to check out the site and enter for ages, but not had the time until now (redundency makes for lots of free time to create).

Look forward to hearing all of your entries and getting to know you all,

Boo Chinballs

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:40 am
by Billy's Little Trip
I was doing a Google search for Pixie's Music videos for a mix DVD I was making, and I stumbled in on the "Kim Deal" fight. I was so intrigued by what I saw, I bookmarked SF and joined a couple weeks later. I love writing and making music as much as I love listening to original music.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:24 am
by lucidia
it's really all Niveous' fault. seriously. so whenever I piss someone off, they should totally blame him, not me. i'm innocent. really.

actually, to get more technical, you can't really blame Niveous completely, as he found me via myspace, and that by default means that it's not really his fault, but rather, the fault of myspace, which is owned by some huge corporate conglomorate hellbeast, which despite sounding cool, is evil and not the good kind of evil either. so it's myspace's fault i'm here. so you should blame myspace, not me, and probably not Niveous because he's cool and I don't think it's his fault he accidentally used the powers of myspace to unleash my wrath upon songfight. it was all an accident really...

(in other news, it's great to be here. once i figure out how to record things properly using this crap ass garage band software, i'm sure i'll take a hack at future fights. despite not really knowing many of you, i already love you all. please come over for coffee and cake later. please?)

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:43 pm
by Märk
Hi Lucidia. Judging by what you've posted here so far, you seem to be about 23.7% smarter/wittier than 98% of the regulars here. (I'm in the other 2%)

Can't wait to hear some of your musical endeavors. I'll probably immediately love it.

[edit] what kind of cake, BTW?

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:32 pm
by lucidia
Sven wrote:Hi Lucidia. Judging by what you've posted here so far, you seem to be about 23.7% smarter/wittier than 98% of the regulars here. (I'm in the other 2%)

Can't wait to hear some of your musical endeavors. I'll probably immediately love it.

[edit] what kind of cake, BTW?
thanks, I won't go so far as to say I'm smarter than anyone, but I appreciate the compliments anyway =)

I can't wait to hear my stuff too! hah!

Probably carrot cake... mmmm ...carrot cake. real cream cheese frosting, possibly walnuts, and absolutely NO raisins =P

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:43 pm
by Märk
lucidia wrote:absolutely NO raisins =P
Oh shit. I think I love you. There's no better way to ruin a carrot cake than by putting raisins in it.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:46 pm
by Spud
gimme a break, sven. you loved her the first time you saw her avatar.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:54 pm
by Märk
Spud wrote:gimme a break, sven. you loved her the first time you saw her avatar.
BUSTED

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:55 pm
by lucidia
perhaps I should stop using the avatar from before I gained 200 pounds and had those hormonal problems that caused all this annoying chest hair...

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:57 pm
by Märk
lucidia wrote:perhaps I should stop using the avatar from before I gained 200 pounds and had those hormonal problems that caused all this annoying chest hair...
Hey, I'm not superficial.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:04 pm
by lucidia
Sven wrote:
lucidia wrote:perhaps I should stop using the avatar from before I gained 200 pounds and had those hormonal problems that caused all this annoying chest hair...
Hey, I'm not superficial.
yeah but what about the boils, and the unexplained body odor?

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:07 pm
by Märk
I have those too! We could compare! Sounds like a perfect match to me, babe.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:08 pm
by lucidia
Sven wrote:I have those too! We could compare! Sounds like a perfect match to me, babe.
except... I'm making all this up, and you're not! NYA!!!

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:10 pm
by Märk
lucidia wrote:
Sven wrote:I have those too! We could compare! Sounds like a perfect match to me, babe.
except... I'm making all this up, and you're not! NYA!!!
BUSTED

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:16 pm
by lucidia
this place is great. it's like a mixture of red meat, jerkcity, a couple of hot MILFs and two gallons of tequilla. oh wait, that was last night. nevermind.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:32 pm
by Märk
lucidia wrote:this place is great. it's like a mixture of red meat, jerkcity, a couple of hot MILFs and two gallons of tequilla. oh wait, that was last night. nevermind.
You just described my hottest mastubation fantasy ever.