Strides into the room, trips over cables

New Players stand up and be counted.
rick.mealey
A New Player
Instruments: keyboards, programming, vocals
Recording Method: Logic Pro, MOTU Traveler, Focusrite Sapphire, a whole whack of soft instruments and effect plugins
Submitting as: atFulcrum, Chiron Return

Strides into the room, trips over cables

Post by rick.mealey »

... will he land on his face, or will he turn a magnificent somersault to impress the one or two people who noticed his arrival? Let's all find out real soon.. like tomorrow, when this week's Song Fight! concludes.

So I'm here on account of a friend who lassoed me into collaborating with her on this week's Fight!, Art Bomb. Having collaborated with her in the past on other music, she could well have lassoed me into doing Samoan Polkacore Death Gamelan music—she's that talented that something like that would not be beyond her ken—and I would likely have gone down that alley.

I've been a keyboardist for longer than I care to admit, and a songwriter for slightly less long than that, and a composer (ha! I originally wrote composter) for slightly less long than that. I've played drums but am content to dash off reasonable simulations of drumming now. I'm a vocalist. I left the bleak musical environment of Connecticut behind several months ago for the more fertile shores of California, and so far I haven't regretted it.

Most of what I perpetrate here and elsewhere will likely bear some of the hallmarks of progressive rock, which is the well to which I return when I run dry creatively, but that's not all I listen to by any stretch of the imagination. Really it comes down to Ellington's famous comment about there only really being two kinds of music—country and western. No, wait, that's not right.

To hear what I've perpetrated in the past, look for atFulcrum on iTunes, Spotify, and Amazon.

Nice to be here and looking forward to getting to know some, or all, of you.
Describing An Arc I: Over The Curve by atFulcrum on iTunes

Good rock'n'roll should hurt, and it should change your life, not necessarily for the better. — Derek St Hubbins
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Strides into the room, trips over cables

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Welcome to Songfight! Please be awesome!
Composter, heh. Well, I guess I actually am a composter. Who knew.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
rick.mealey
A New Player
Instruments: keyboards, programming, vocals
Recording Method: Logic Pro, MOTU Traveler, Focusrite Sapphire, a whole whack of soft instruments and effect plugins
Submitting as: atFulcrum, Chiron Return

Re: Strides into the room, trips over cables

Post by rick.mealey »

Ta Bill. I promise to display as much awesomeness of which I'm capable at all times.
Describing An Arc I: Over The Curve by atFulcrum on iTunes

Good rock'n'roll should hurt, and it should change your life, not necessarily for the better. — Derek St Hubbins