Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case
Pronouns: he/him

Purple Reign 2 - I Feel For You

Post by GlennCase »

Pick your favorite one.
Last edited by GlennCase on Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sausage boy
bono
bono
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Terrible drum machine, even worse harmonica
Recording Method: Creative Recorder, ModPlug Tracker and Audacity

Post by sausage boy »

Pinky AKA: I mostly prefer your bopier, dirtier or faster stuff. I like the 'junk' percussion, but the constant synth is just getting too much. I must be getting old. Shocking horror, I think my vote will actually go to CLMG.

Chopped Liver Meat God: Shades of Radiohead? I am quite enjoying this, but I think the beat would change up a bit around 1:28 or so.
Lord of Oats
Ice Cream Man

Post by Lord of Oats »

Phil Wages wrote the lyrics on this CLMG track. I composed the music and did the programming, keyboard, guitar, vocals, and effects.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Pinky AKA - This is my favourite song of all the ones I wrote this time out, although not my take on it, necessarily, nor one I expect to win. So, I was having a drunken conversation with some friends, about if you had the choice, would you die before your partner, or vice versa? (I know, dinner parties round my way sound like a roar of fun, don’t they?) So this came out. While I have never driven a partner to suicide, it feels like my most personal song for a while. Anyhoo, I didn’t get the phrasing right on the vocal in the chorus, too choppy, not fragile enough. The verses however I nailed. I like the drum effects, the guitar, and especially the nice fat synth.

CLMG – Nice piano and drum machine combo! Vocal wanders a little, and I don’t really like the earnest lyric, whether you mean it as a joke or not. The backing vocals are cute as well. I was really bored at 2.00-ish but the awesome instrumental end of this saves the song. (The drums should change up / fade out do something there, mind. And it goes on way too long. And you shouldn’t bring the chorus back in. But even with all those reservations, that ending is awesome.)