Total votes: 4
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass
Submitting as: Glenn Case

Purple Reign 2 - It's Gonna Be Lonely

Post by GlennCase »

Pick your favorite one.
Last edited by GlennCase on Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

The Johnny Cashpoint Band on this occasion were:

j$ - Bass, keys, backing vocals.
Anti-M - Vocals
Paco Del Stinko - Guitars.

Thanks, guys!
sausage boy
bono
bono
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Terrible drum machine, even worse harmonica
Recording Method: Creative Recorder, ModPlug Tracker and Audacity

Post by sausage boy »

Sausage Boy: I don't remember making the bass that loud. Huh. At least it came in at 30 seconds, as I had said it would.

The Johnny Cashpoint Band: I like the drums that come in half way, and I actually like Anti-M's take on these vocals more than the j$ version. Paco has done a really good job keeping the guitar kind of thin and not too overpowering.

Wages: I like your vocals in this. They are delivered with a bit of passion and feeling.

I think I am gonna vote for myself, because i'm an sons-a-bitch.
anti-m
Ice Cream Man
Submitting as: Anti-m, Jeplexe

Post by anti-m »

Hmmmm... on further reflection, I'd like to hear my vocals much lower in the mix on this song. J$ and Paco did some fantastic work there, and I'd like to hear them more than me!
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

SB – too brief, like this review.

tJCB – Anti-M is wrong she sounds great on this. Cold but with a soupcon of pain, which encapsulates where the lyric is going perfectly. Paco brought some great guitar as well, in a very short period of time, so contributions-wise it’s great. If I was a better mixer in terms of EQ, I could have made my bass and keys stand out more, once I added PdS’s guitar. Instead they disappear a little in the mix, which is a huge shame, as the kick of the final verse and chorus is diminished slightly. Still that’s entirely my fault, and it’s still a little gem of a collab, imo. Also the guitar became such an integral part once received, I had to prioritize! NB The lyric isn’t as much about pirates as it was originally.

Wages – has a feel of a Kurt Cobain demo, or somesuch. Some sloppiness in the vocal delivery nothwithstanding (i.e. some of the lines seem to have too many syllables in it and a slightly odd pre-occupation with money that I have noticed is a recurring theme in your work), this a good tune. Nice little demo.
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

Heyo. Late, but I have to pipe in and side with J$ regarding M's vocals. They are a bit chilly, appropriately, but confident and determined. Right up front as they should be, looking you in the eye before she walks away. Damn! Great tune, though not a start your day off with a smile type, it wraps you up in it as it goes. Great work, people.
Bringin' the stink since 2006.