SF 2016 musicians exchange

All about the next annual live event. Are you coming?. Discuss travel & lodging. Recruit band members, discuss equipment, setlists, etc.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

SF 2016 musicians exchange

Post by fluffy »

It might be a little early to start worrying about this but here we go anyway.

I am willing to play guitar, keys, and drums for people. If someone wants violin I can bring mine and play that as well although that's probably my weakest instrument.

Now, what I would like to do on my set is a bit different than the usual. Back at SFLive Spokane, JB had a portion of his set as the Song Fight! Chorus. I would like to do something similar to that this year - for my whole set. Me on guitar and vocals and as many people as possible singing a backing chorus. A bunch of my songs will work pretty well that way, I think, and it'd be a lot of fun for everyone. PM me if you're interested in joining and/or have any specific song requests and I'll try to put together a lyric book and cue sheet for everyone.
fluffy
Eruption

Re: SF 2016 musicians exchange

Post by fluffy »

Or if nobody wants to do the chorus, I have someone lined up for drums, and I could just use bass and keys. There are obvious choices for each of those who I believe are coming.
PepperJane
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Voice. Followed by piano or guitar
Recording Method: Crustacean
Submitting as: PepperJane

Post by PepperJane »

Yes! Harmonies are one of my superpowers (I don't like people saying that sort of thing either, but listening to the efforts of others, live, and especially improvised, I'm beginning to realise that what I thought was one of the easiest things on earth must actually be a special skill that no, not every Tom, Dick and Clark Kent has).
Can offer some rhythm guitar: but in this circle of talent, I feel like voice is all I can really offer comparably. :)
Everything is about perspective. :shock:
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

I find the lack of activity in this thread disturbing. Is everyone just going to G&G this year, or bring their own existing band or something? Whatever happened to the spirit of Song Fight! Live?

Anyway my offer to play drums or provide backing vocals is still open, and I'd still love a keyboardist on my set.
Holly Furlone
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Submitting as: Holly Furlone

Post by Holly Furlone »

I would LoVE to collaborate! PepperJane (or anybody!) if you want to slap some harmony on any of my stuff (I fight under my actual name 'Holly Furlone'), that'd be awesome. Fluffy, I'd love drums on "So Much Universe" if you'd be interested. Really, anybody who'd want to do anything with any of my songs would be more than welcomed to jump on! No pressure, though :)
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

If you send me a setlist I'll try to figure out drum parts for all of your songs. :) (This applies to anyone else who wants drums!)
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Holly Furlone wrote:I would LoVE to collaborate! PepperJane (or anybody!) if you want to slap some harmony on any of my stuff)
Pepper Jane. Do this.
Holly Furlone
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Submitting as: Holly Furlone

Post by Holly Furlone »

fluffy wrote:If you send me a setlist I'll try to figure out drum parts for all of your songs. :) (This applies to anyone else who wants drums!)
Caravan Ray wrote:
Holly Furlone wrote:I would LoVE to collaborate! PepperJane (or anybody!) if you want to slap some harmony on any of my stuff)
Pepper Jane. Do this.
Fluffy, lemme know if you want to give a listen to the version of "What Anna Can See" I/we did for the last Midweeklings record. It's got a cool percussion part on it. Or you can just come up with your own! PepperJane, what CaravanRay said ;). I don't have many SF entries, so these are what I'm working with:

So Much Universe
What Anna Can See
Suitcase
Not If I See You First
Battle Cry
September (only if there's time)
Incandescent

Cheers, Y'all!
PepperJane
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Voice. Followed by piano or guitar
Recording Method: Crustacean
Submitting as: PepperJane

Post by PepperJane »

Holly Furlone wrote:
fluffy wrote:If you send me a setlist I'll try to figure out drum parts for all of your songs. :) (This applies to anyone else who wants drums!)
Caravan Ray wrote:
Pepper Jane. Do this.
Sweet. I'm keen. I'll try to remember to download a back catalogue of various stuffs to listen to on le flights. Next Tuesday!! :-D
Everything is about perspective. :shock: