Song Fight! Live 2017 Gear Info

All about the next annual live event. Are you coming?. Discuss travel & lodging. Recruit band members, discuss equipment, setlists, etc.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Song Fight! Live 2017 Gear Info

Post by Lunkhead »

Hey folks. Here's info about the backline we're planning to provide. Please take a look at this and think about how much your setup varies from what we'll be providing. The more different/unique your setup is, the more time you should budget in your 25 minute slot for setup and teardown instead of playing songs. We're all excited to play and if we're all conscious of our time usage it will help to make sure everybody gets their turn and that we don't run late and run out of time at the venue. This venue is near residences so they generally cut off shows at 12:30am. Also keep in mind we'll have one sound person running sound for 2x+ more sets than they're used to, so please be nice to them. :)

- Drum kit (kick, snare, hihat, rack tom, floor tom, ride, 1-2 cymbals)
- Bass amp (Ampeg head with cabinet)
- 2 guitar amps (Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue and Fender Super-Champ X2)
- 1 Acoustic-electric guitar (Epiphone "acoustic jumbo" with tuner and capo)
- Friday night: 1 73-key Korg SV-1 with sustain pedal and built-in music stand (not available Saturday night)

We'll also have a bunch of music stands and guitar stands, and an 1/8" cable for laptops/phones/tablets. I can also bring a couple clips to attach normal sized phones to mic stands, and one clip to attach a 7" tablet to a mic stand. (I don't have anything for larger phones or tablets.)

We're hoping to have five vocal mics, if possible, but we're not hearing back a lot from the venue, so, can't make guarantees about that.

In general, if you have any specific needs beyond what's listed above, you should plan to handle those needs yourself otherwise you'll be taking your chances. We're doing our best to set things up for a great event but our resources are limited and we're aiming to just get the major things covered for everybody.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: Song Fight! Live 2017 Gear Info

Post by fluffy »

I can bring a bunch of mics and stands and cables if that would help.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

Thanks! I think it's probably simplest though if we just use the venue's mics/stands/cables for vocals. We really only need 3, which I know they can do. 5 would be ideal for Merisan, but not completely required. If we bring our own stuff that may throw the sound person off, they're generally mostly interested in using their own stuff for the vocals when possible from my experience.

I guess I should say as well for anybody who _is_ bringing their own gear, make sure you've got a solid inventory of your stuff before/during/after and consider marking your stuff as yours if you're worried about it getting lost in the mix.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

It's looking like we won't need two electric guitars at the same time on Friday night, so, we're changing the electric guitar amp plans. Friday night we'll just have only my Fender Deluxe Reverb. Also, Glennny would like to use his own amp for his and BSS's sets Saturday night. So Saturday night we'll have my Fender Deluxe and Glennny's Super-Champ X2, a 15-watt 1x10 tube amp with built-in effects.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifie ... -combo-amp
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

It's also looking like there may not be need for a house bass on Friday night, in which case I won't be bringing one. Sounds like the bassists for Brody, Merisan/Lunkhead, and Mr. Car will all be bringing their own basses.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

Another update. It sounds like all the bass players accounted for so far are bringing their own basses, so, I will not be providing mine as the house bass after all.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

Sounds like everybody's bringing their own electric guitars, too, so we won't be providing "house" electrics.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

We're going to need that second amp Friday night after all for Brody.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

We're just going to provide house keys for Friday night. So far the only sets with keys Saturday night both have the same keyboard player and he has his own rig that's not easily shared (it's a custom setup of a laptop and a USB MIDI controller etc.).