Song Fight Live Online 2020

All about the next annual live event. Are you coming?. Discuss travel & lodging. Recruit band members, discuss equipment, setlists, etc.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: Song Fight Live Online 2020

Post by fluffy »

It's almost August. What ideas do people have about how we're going to do this? I'm sort of planning on maybe doing a basic live set on Twitch, but I also have a much more ambitious idea involving a lot of video editing and actual sockpuppets.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Post by ken »

Does anyone have experience with Teleprompter software/apps/websites? I don't have a printer at home, so I was thinking about trying to figure out a way to have scrolling text to follow in case I forget how to play my songs. I usually have some kind of cheat sheet with me at these events. Seems like there is a lot out there.
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

I haven't used any of this myself but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeRu4xYH_W0 has some suggestions for some premade hardware, and I think he might talk about the software he uses but that might just be up to "try things and see what works for you."

Also this is a pretty simple approach for building your own display: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxIE-xBzbeA and he uses DVPrompter on iOS for the software.
Sober
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools

Post by Sober »

I've used various old school commercial teleprompter setups, and some cheaper low-tech/DIY solutions.

I'd recommend just printing your cheat sheet really big, or there are apps for ipad/tablets that will autoscroll text for you.
🤠
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

I love old school but I also love my AirTurn pedals with an iPad running forScore.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face