This year marks the 20th anniversary of the birth of Song Fight! For many years, we’ve marked the year with an in-person get-together we call “Song Fight! Live”. This year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Song Fight! Live has been canceled. Womp womp.
BUT, we can’t let this year pass without some kind of celebration. So we’re still going to get together and enjoy the music of our Song Fight peers past and present-- but we’re gonna do it “virtually” all through the month of September.
What: Four livestream broadcasts of content from the Song Fight community, plus a special “live” fight hosted by our very own Fightmaster Senior, “Spud”.
Where: Our new YouTube Channel! Please subscribe, we need 100 subscribers to be able to live stream!
When: Every Saturday in September, and the final Sunday, sometime around 8pm Eastern, venue TBA. Who: You! Anyone who has ever participated in Song Fight is invited to contribute content, and anyone with Internet access is invited to watch the stream and join the chat!
- Click here to upload your content to our Dropbox folder
- Click here to join our mailing list for more information and to be alerted when the livestreams start!
Here are the types of content we’d love to share:
- You playing a “set” of up to 20 minutes in length of your Song Fight hits
- You playing an entry to the “live” fight
- You covering someone else’s entry to a Song Fight
- A music video that you made some time ago of a Song Fight entry
- A video of yourself telling a story about Song Fight, such as:
- Meeting a friend
- Going to a Song Fight Live event
- How you found Song Fight
- What Song Fight means to you
Q: Do I need a ticket to watch this?
Q: Can I host a livestream of my own during September?
A: Yes! Please do! If you let us know the details, we’ll announce it on the boards and on the front page of Songfight.org
Q: What format and resolution should the videos be?
A: We’ll make anything work, but the higher the resolution the better.
Q: Where will the livestreams be shown?
A: Probably YouTube, but we’re working to figure that out now.
Q: Will the livestreams be recorded?
A: Yes, we think so. But you won’t get to join in the livechat if you watch them later!
Q: What will you do with the video I submit?
A: We’ll show it during the livestream, and we’ll include it in the saved recording of the livestream. If you submit something, we assume you have permission to do so, and you’re giving us permission to include it in the stream.
I'm really excited to watch and chat with everyone, and I hope to see you (virtually) soon!