FAQ Hosting an in-person Song Fight! Live

All about the next annual live event. Are you coming?. Discuss travel & lodging. Recruit band members, discuss equipment, setlists, etc.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Re: FAQ Hosting a Song Fight! Live

Post by Lunkhead »

I'll see what I can do. I've tried to start consolidating some stuff that's already on .org, and updating the links on a copy of an old page to point to the Internet Archive versions of the linked sites where possible. You can actually still listen to some of the recordings from Song Fight! Live in 2001 still, amazing:

http://songfight.org/live/
Sober
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools

Post by Sober »

Been a while since I was around, but now that I'm a grown-up, responsible adult, I might throw Houston into consideration for some time in the future.

Pros:

[*]I own a house 15 minutes from the recently expanded George Bush airport, with a spare bedroom and lots of entertaining space
[*]I work for a recording studio, where we would be able to rehearse
[*]The studio would likely be on board with loaning backline, or maybe sponsoring the event somehow
[*]For the first time in my life, I'm not broke. My wife and I are making great money, and I'd love to give back to this community
[*]Pretty sure there are like a dozen songfighters in Texas

Cons:

[*]No venue immediately comes to mind
[*]Houston is a hot, stinky swamp
[*]Driving in Houston is legit dangerous

Whatever happens this summer, I'll try to make an appearance, so long as I'm not shooting a wedding.
🤠
Sober
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools

Post by Sober »

Can we assume that this is not happening? I am essentially unemployed for the months of June and July exactly. It's a shame to let this go.
🤠