Pop Songs of Hate

Go ahead, get it off your chest.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

heh, and indeed the work web blocker blocked it.
was it a good list?
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

No, it wasn't. The only names I really recognized were Digable Planets, Dr. Dre, Ice-T, Apache, Brand Nubian, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Ice Cube, Chuck D, and Wu-Tang. But like I said Dr. Dre and Eminem are very close. ODB was best friends with Mariah Carey who as I said is of mixed race. I think if these people are popular, and many of them are, it's in spite of these quotes from their songs, not because of it (which is the fundamental argument being offered). I also think it's a leap to go from taking lines of their songs out of context to saying that they're racists and hate white people or whatever it is you're accusing them of. I mean... I don't think that Prussian Blue will share the stage with black people and Hispanics and Asians, right? They won't ever have a black guitarist? Chappelle's Show had a white co-creator and writer. Ice-T is on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit with a primarily white cast, and I can imagine the writers are chiefly white and Jewish.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

erikb wrote:
Leaf wrote:Erik, I was talking about the shitty mean look in their eyes. I'm sure your opinion on "what a teen looks like" is valid, but please, save the condesesion for something more meaningful like how I can't spell condescion. Twice.
I'm not condescending, I'm just disagreeing with you. I really don't see any hardness in their faces. They look happy in most of the pictures I've seen.

I was gonna post the picture that Im referring too... but as I cropped it and started to open my ftp I thought..."who fuckin cares!!"

the bit that seemed , seemed condescending (thanks..now I can spell, I'm free!!!) is the explanation of "typical 13 year olds". Like I don't know. first off, we could spend some fun time going on about how typical for you isn't typical for me blah blah blah... but the point is... I looked at the photos AFTER reading their stuff, and had a definite predjudiced opinion...(there goes the spelling correctly neighbourhood) and what I perceived was hateful little deluded girls. And I then projected, in my mind, what that could mean down the road. I then expressed that, on the message board. And for the record, it's not gapped tooth hillbillies!! Just mean, nasty angry people.

and it's valid. It's not like I'm pronoucing facts here...it's my opinion, based on my observations and my intrepretation of the world I live in. So when you disagree, that's cool, but your not spouting off facts here. Your disagreeing with a COUNTER OPINION.

Which is totally fine actually, I usually enjoy your comments, and if I wasn't so tired and bitchy last night, I probably wouldn't have labelled your comments so harshly.
boltoph
Panama
Submitting as: Gert

Post by boltoph »

I imagine them lost in racist hateful thought, and those eyes go from looking somewhat innocent and playful, to seething and vicious.

The thing is, this type of stuff is out there and always will be, just because some little girls start to sing about it, doesn't change the fact that it is what it is. Both sides...

someone please throttle my ignorant views...
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

ignorant? more like realistic.
boltoph
Panama
Submitting as: Gert

Post by boltoph »

God hope those girls smarten up and rebel against their parents and realize how wrong they are, when they get exposed to the real world.

This is white supremists' idea of making their backwards, freakish thought more acceptable. They deserve exile, thats what they want.

I wish all of those wicked white power folk would just exile themselves to Greenland or something and let the rest of the world go on living. wtf :(
Dan-O from Five-O
Panama
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Mandolin all graded on a sliding scale
Recording Method: Mixer to a Fostex D-160

Post by Dan-O from Five-O »

boltoph wrote:I wish all of those wicked white power folk would just exile themselves to Greenland or something and let the rest of the world go on living. wtf :(
Boltolph I'm not criticizing you and I know you don't mean it this way, but you're not terribly far from their agenda on that remark. They want all the Jewish people in Isreal and Blacks (African Americans) in Africa.

I see where you say "exile themselves" so I know you're not saying anything as hateful as ship them off too Greenland, but it just won't happen. They're so sadly blind that they think America is the white peoples land, even though we stole it from the Native Americans.
jb wrote:Dan-O has a point.
JB
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

It's always nice to have somebody to point at and say "ahhh...look at the little nazi girls! Maybe our current government and the people who voted them in aren't that appalling after all!"

It helps one sleep at night
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Umm no .... 12 year old girls expousing ayran shit is BAD regardless of who you did or didn't vote for last time.

I mean, C'MON. Do you really need to post so much, that you feel the urge to play devil's advocate, whatever?

This is WRONG, to the point where there is no need to reply to it. If you ever meet the parents, kill them. Hasten their descent into Hell.
Me$$iah
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: I just bought a 12 string and a stratocaster with a whammy bar
Recording Method: Sonic-Core
Submitting as: infrequently as ever

Post by Me$$iah »

I dont know much, but I do know I absolutly deplore Nazism.
I hate predjudice, fascism, racism..in fact all forms of bigotry.

And I hate eveything these girls stand for, however, I also hate the idea of not letting them be. Predjudice against racists is still predjudice. Bigotry against bigots is still bigotry.

As Voltaire didnt say:-
I may not agree with what you say, but will fight to the death, your right to say it.

These girls are obviously the product of fucked up parents. But, hey, its their choice. I hate the white power thing, some people love it. Its their choice.

People are people and do their own thing and beleive their own beleifs, no matter how insane, stupid or evil others think it is

I just hope that the music these girls make is the best damn music they can make, and I hope it rocks....I hate insipid, bland music.

-Me$$iah

just my 2cents also spelling thru out is awful ..sorry
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Post by WeaselSlayer »

Be pissed, then, their music blows.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

j$ wrote:Umm no .... 12 year old girls expousing ayran shit is BAD regardless of who you did or didn't vote for last time.

I mean, C'MON. Do you really need to post so much, that you feel the urge to play devil's advocate, whatever?

This is WRONG, to the point where there is no need to reply to it. If you ever meet the parents, kill them. Hasten their descent into Hell.
No, I'm not playing devil's advocate - but neither am I that interested in a novelty act from the "Only in America..." pages.

Next week my government - the government that manaufactured an excuse to invade another country then lied to its people about it - will try to pass legislation that could potentially have me interred for sedition without trial just for writing this sentance.

Many Australian Muslims are very concerned that very soon, the Aust Federal Police or ASIO will have powers to lock up 'suspected terrorists' without charge, without trial and without any judicial review. The detainees may not be told why they were arrested, and if their friends or families discuss the detentions - they may find themselves receiving prison sentances.

This all comes close on the tail of revelations from the Dept of Immigration that over the past few years numerous Australian citizens and legal immigrants have been deported or indefinitely detained without charge due to 'administrative errors'.

And if we are to believe the tabloid newspapers and current affairs TV - then much of the general population still thinks it's OK to lock children away in desert detention camps - or that while it's shocking that young Australians maybe excecuted in Indonesia for trafficking herion, it's perfectly fine that our police may soon be given to power to perform summary excecutions of other young Australians on the streets of Sydney.

We have plenty of racism and injustice to worry about without worrying about even more American rednecks - hell, at least they're open and honest about being racist pricks. What happens on the right-wing lunatic fringe doesn't surprise me. It's what happens further towards the centre that really disturbs me.

Those pictures of the little nazi girls also appeared as curiosity pieces in Murdoch's Australian newspapers last week. To me they seemed only to be being used as salve for the consciences of our current powers-that-be:
"...sure we've invaded another country, we've got concentration camps, our closest ally tortures prisoners (including our own citizens), we can detain people without charge or trial and we're about to pass legislation that will increase those powers, and we have a convenient minority group in society that we can blame all our troubles on... but hey!! At least we're not Nazis like those little girls..."
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

politicians are expected to be fucked up. little cute white girls are not.
Hi!
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Post by WeaselSlayer »

I expect most little white girls to be fucked up, call me cynical.
Mogosagatai
Mean Street

Post by Mogosagatai »

Hey, sidenote: I wish everyone would stop calling these little girls rednecks just because they're racist. Get your freakin' stereotypes right!

The stereotypical redneck hates nazis, and vice-versa.
Me$$iah
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: I just bought a 12 string and a stratocaster with a whammy bar
Recording Method: Sonic-Core
Submitting as: infrequently as ever

Post by Me$$iah »

The Aust Feds are called ASIO

Do they specialize in drivers, and do they work only with their own special cars

I am guttted if their music sucks.....I aint heard it so I cant tell.
Tho Ive not seen them mentioned in the huge RTFO thread

-Me$$iah
Steve Durand
Panama
Instruments: trumpet, trombone, sax, clarinet, flute, keyboards, banjo, guitar, bass, ukulele
Recording Method: SONAR 6, Dell Inspiron E1705, Edirol UA-25, Studio Projects B-1 Mic
Submitting as: Steve Durand, Elastic Waste Band

Post by Steve Durand »

I heard some of their music on a radio talk show last night. I definitely sucks.

Steve
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

Mogosagatai wrote:Hey, sidenote: I wish everyone would stop calling these little girls rednecks just because they're racist. Get your freakin' stereotypes right!

The stereotypical redneck hates nazis, and vice-versa.
The stereotypical redneck... don't they hate everybody who ain't them? And, not to be inflammatory, but what is a stereotypical redneck anyway? Location of birth? Current place of residence? Attitudes and social interactions and such?

Wondering if being the only southern offspring of a family of yankees qualifies me for redneckhood on a technicality :P

Creepy kids, them. Creepier that we respond with hate rather than wondering how to help. I mean, aside from offing their parents, and leaving der bobsey twins on the doorstep of a CIA experimental lab with signs around their necks saying "Freebie".
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
Mogosagatai
Mean Street

Post by Mogosagatai »

Rabid Garfunkel wrote:The stereotypical redneck... don't they hate everybody who ain't them? And, not to be inflammatory, but what is a stereotypical redneck anyway? Location of birth? Current place of residence? Attitudes and social interactions and such?
I usually use "redneck" to refer derogatorily to a certain breed of southerner--it's the attitude that makes the difference. Usually racist, but not necessarily. Just loudmouthed and boisterous for all the wrong reasons. Rude, but not by naivety or ignorance. Dumb, but deliberately so.

Anyway, what I meant was that these little girls are <i>nazis</i>, not rednecks. Nazi hate and redneck hate also tend to be somewhat different things. Nazis have a more cold, calculated hate, while rednecks have a dumb, "hate you cuz it's easier to" attitude. They're similar at heart, obviously.

Redneck can also be used non-derogatorily... but I wouldn't recommend it.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

I have heard these girl's music. While it certainly isn't great, it is in fact 'cute'. I listened to a playlist and if it wasn't inherently racist...I'd probably like it even. As kids music. It's soft and acoustical (most of the time) and if you don't really listen to the lyrics...you wouldn't object to it. Even the lyrics aren't blatent (except the covers) and are subtle and very metaphoric. The 'people' they describe in a couple of the songs aren't names that I 'recognize' but I'm betting that they are about people I wouldn't 'praise' as they do.

Thats whats makes it very eerie.
Dan-O from Five-O
Panama
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Mandolin all graded on a sliding scale
Recording Method: Mixer to a Fostex D-160

Post by Dan-O from Five-O »

sdurand wrote:I definitely sucks.

Steve
I'm sure you meant something else.
jb wrote:Dan-O has a point.
JB
Steve Durand
Panama
Instruments: trumpet, trombone, sax, clarinet, flute, keyboards, banjo, guitar, bass, ukulele
Recording Method: SONAR 6, Dell Inspiron E1705, Edirol UA-25, Studio Projects B-1 Mic
Submitting as: Steve Durand, Elastic Waste Band

Post by Steve Durand »

Dan-O from Five-O wrote:
sdurand wrote:I definitely sucks.

Steve
I'm sure you meant something else.
Ha, ha. Yeah, I meant something else.

Although, this is probably true also.

Steve