where else do I post this one?

Go ahead, get it off your chest.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

Hoblit wrote:
Everything in that article is correct. (excpet using Isreal/pakistan as nuclear threats to america)

He is just a little too skewed by his passion to take seriously. It's almost as he just lost it and blogged it as an article.

I liked that though. That isn't really a critism. Thats about how we all feel now.
well, he was writing his column. i guess when you are writing a column, you're allowed to be skewed by your own passion. it's your column. :)
Hi!
Mogosagatai
Mean Street

Post by Mogosagatai »

jack shite wrote:well, he was writing his column. i guess when you are writing a column, you're allowed to be skewed by your own passion. it's your column. :)
And when you're reading a column, you're allowed to take it less seriously because the columnist was overly passionate.

Good column, though.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Caravan Ray wrote:Very interesting interview on ABC TV last night - Gore Vidal discussing the USA's descent into the mire of despotism

Transcript:
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/ ... 302665.htm
Video:
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/
From the man who in The American Chronicle series tried to re-write America's ruling Elite into a pseudo-monarchy? How ironic ...

j$
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

So... fresh topic... amusing.

I show up at my drum lesson gig, and when I walk in the store I tell the owner, "look, I couldn't find the whammy bar to that guitar you're selling for me... I don't know where it is".

He says, " Look we gotta talk about something."

hhhmmm.. So I set up my lesson room, and I over hear him say to a customer... "we got broken into last night and they took two guitars."

I put two and two together, clearly I get 22, and I ask the owner..." Do I still need to find that whammy bar?"

Apparently, some idiot smashed the window, and stole a Jackson bottom of the barrel guitar (I should know, I got one I'm selling!) and my piece of crap purple with red dials and chipped paint squire strat. Banged up, hard to tune, stiff sounding axe. A store full of a wide range of guitars, and he takes the shit of the shit. This should be a Phil Redmon cartoon...

So, I 'm kind of amused by this, but it gets better. See, Campbell River Downtown has been hit by a rash of break ins lately, and the losers who do it tend to take it to the pawn shop RIGHT beside the store I work in. WE've gotten some stuff back the next day before. Often, it's kid's from the reserve who got nothing better to do apparently than smash store windows, but hey, can you blame them... as soon as they hit reserve land the cops really cant' touch them, so they often get away with it even when you know who they are!!!

So the pawn owner tells me that for 20 bucks, if they show up, he can take down the name, address, and take the guitar. I get the name, address and guitar back for 20$... well, this sounds perfect to me!! So, I agree to give him $20 IF the guitar shows up... and I'm still pretty amused by this whole thing.

I walk back in the store, and the female clerk tells me, "hey, you don't need to worry about your guitar you know...."

I'm like, "I'm not worried. I think it's funny, and there's a good chance I'll get to stomp whoever took it!"

She says quietly, "No, I sold your guitar yesterday, the owner doesn't know yet, he's been too pissed off for me to tell him".

Man, that was awesome.
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: The things what make sounds.
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

That's hilarious man.
I mean, the imagery of you "stomping" someone.... :P

Ahh, d/t Campbell River. Memories...

:)
Leaf
Jump
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

TheHipCola wrote:That's hilarious man.
I mean, the imagery of you "stomping" someone.... :P

Ahh, d/t Campbell River. Memories...

:)

ooohhhh.... was that a burn? I think that was a burn....

Yeah. I'd probably stomp them by bitching them out for a hour and a half and verbal intimidation. Which is usually more rewarding than a bitch slap, although, you gotta realize, I'm a tad more agro than that time at McDonald's with the corvette.... I believe you recall the incident....

Everytime I try and fight these days, we just end up hugging.
tonetripper
Mean Street
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Sitar, Theremin, Lap Steel, Djembe
Recording Method: Cubase 6, Live 7, Reason 5, UAD 2, MOTU Ultralite, Mackie 1620i onyx
Submitting as: tonetripper, redcar, gert, draft and others

Post by tonetripper »

That is very amusing. Did you get the dough for it yet or are you waiting for the simmering down of the owner. Funny story.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

having seen you (and your girth) in person, i would not want to be stomped by an angry Leaf.
Hi!
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: The things what make sounds.
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

WHOA...that's another one, nice one Jack.... heh...

I was just razzin' ya Leaf. You aren't the smaller of the two of us, so I'm not one who should be yakkin' anyhow.... :)

I do remember the 'vette incident....but how can you be more aggro living on teh West Coast...land of milk and honey...?

sophisticated.
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

Stomped by an angry leaf... that's awesome!

Yeah, Tone, I got he money... funny, I paid 100 for that thing, and I ended up getting 135!! Woot!

(Don't think I've typed "woot" before.....)

Yeah, the 'vette incident, for those that just have to know, was where another guy that was hanging out with me and THC back in highschool (and turned out to actually be gay, which makes this even funnier) was chatting up these girls when this super agro dude threatens to kick the shit out of Jay for talking to them.... in typical 18 year old fashion, I get so mad I chase them down in my car, but then proceed to argue with them about threatening me... and then slam my car into a corvette when I try to angrily leave. The moral of the story? REally kick the shit out the dudes buggin you if you're gonna waste your time chasing them through a city to a McDonalds. You'll feel better about yourself in the morning.

Or... more appropriately, stand up for yourself right away. If they get away, don't waste your time chasing them.... haha!
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

Holy fuck.

Sometimes the weirdest things happen, ya know? So, I'm like , I kid you not, relfecting on musicians I've played with, and just two days ago, I'm thinking about the guy who turned me on to Rage Against The Machine... I was thinking about how he had this knack for finding new, cool exciting music before anyone else seemed to. He was/is just one of those guys.

So this is two days ago, and I haven't seen, spoken too or even had a clue where he is for maybe five years? , when today, I get a pm from "smalltown mike".... well what do you know, he found songfight.

Bizarre. Anyone else actually stumbled across an old musican mate co-incidentally on songfight??

By the way, he writes killer lyrics...so I'm kinda hoping .....
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

mother3fucker motherfuchker fito mother fucker!!!

Just took my goddamn glasses off....just took tehm off, and the fucsadflgfl things broke........ .

AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!22asfd;lkh sadf;okhqwer ;ljkshfa

Not happy.

Can't see a damn thing either.

Now I get to miss work and spend 350$ on my vision disability.

yee haw.
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

Eek, sucks about your glasses. I broke my old pair a few months back, and got sexay new ones. Which now have tonnes of scratches on, but that's just because I treat my glasses real badly. Surprised these haven't fallen apart yet.
Songfighter since back in the day.
Dan-O from Five-O
Panama
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Mandolin all graded on a sliding scale
Recording Method: Mixer to a Fostex D-160

Post by Dan-O from Five-O »

Bjam wrote:Eek, sucks about your glasses. I broke my old pair a few months back, and got sexay new ones. Which now have tonnes of scratches on, but that's just because I treat my glasses real badly. Surprised these haven't fallen apart yet.
First and foremost, I'm just messing with you Bjam so don't be offended (all the wannabe Knights in shining armor take note) but ...

1) Sexay or Sexy?
2) Tonnes or tons?
3) , or . between ones and Which?

# 3 was just me being an ashole. Sorry. But #'s 1 & 2 are still valid.
jb wrote:Dan-O has a point.
JB
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

Dan-O from Five-O wrote:
Bjam wrote:Eek, sucks about your glasses. I broke my old pair a few months back, and got sexay new ones. Which now have tonnes of scratches on, but that's just because I treat my glasses real badly. Surprised these haven't fallen apart yet.
First and foremost, I'm just messing with you Bjam so don't be offended (all the wannabe Knights in shining armor take note) but ...

1) Sexay or Sexy?
2) Tonnes or tons?
3) , or . between ones and Which?

# 3 was just me being an ashole. Sorry. But #'s 1 & 2 are still valid.
1. Sexay. It's a far better word, yes?
2. Tonnes. It's the cool (British, I think) way of spelling it.
3. Full stop works. Screw grammar :P
Songfighter since back in the day.
Dan-O from Five-O
Panama

Bjam wrote:Screw grammar :P
Who's grammar?

Note the use of who's over whose.

Nevermind.
JB
Oracle
A New Player

Do I have to have a subject heading?

Post by Oracle »

(get ready for a bunch of random worthless drek)

Never, ever, ever ask a girl anything related to the baby she is carrying unless she instigates it. If she instigates it there are only two acceptable questions. These are: (1) Do you know if it's a boy or a girl? & (2) Is it mine?

Yesterday my roommate told me his sister (who had gone AWOL after a fight with her hubby) had come home, so I asked if he'd driven to her mother's or something like in 1950's TV shows. His mother's been dead for about four years. He said "uh, that isn't funny". He then began laughing. Yes, this really happened yesterday.

Hey Dan-0, have you explained your signature?
(afterall, I know what defenestration is, but what about everybody else?)

To Caravan Ray,
No, I don't know why they ran a muppet, but it probably had something to do with saving money over replacing the batteries in that robot they ran last time...

Caravan Ray wrote:
Very interesting interview on ABC TV last night - Gore Vidal discussing the USA's descent into the mire of despotism
Try: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... iraq/view/

While I'm mentioning such miscellany...
mkilly, kudos on the Sifl & Olly pic.

Caravan Ray wrote: "I have never masturbated in a tree, furiously or otherwise, with either Mr Cheney or Hoblit" I still don't know why...
~ Oracle

Go here because I said so: FRONTLINE
If you don't know what frontline is, watch one of the free streaming episodes. It's an award winning documentary series by PBS & WGBH in Boston.
Dan-O from Five-O
Panama

Re: Do I have to have a subject heading?

Oracle wrote:Hey Dan-0, have you explained your signature?
Nope.
Oracle wrote:(afterall, I know what defenestration is, but what about everybody else?)
Everybody else should get a Webster's and figure out how to use it.

[EDIT] For the sake of everybody else, I've edited my tag so they can sleep better at night.
JB