My Life

Complain about your schedule. Apparently people like that sort of thing.
owl
Panama
Instruments: vox keys uke guitar
Recording Method: REAPER
Submitting as: Vowl Sounds, miscellaneous owl
Pronouns: she/her

Re: My Life

Post by owl »

Squirrels are horrifying bitey demons, but I love this! what a cutie :D
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drums, Guitars, Keys
Recording Method: Focusrite + FL Studio
Submitting as: Phl*b*
Pronouns: bruh
Location: Not super far from Atlanta but definitely not Atlanta

Post by sleepysilverdoor »

You know what's a horribly monotonous task? Tuning a piano. It's harder when you have small children around that won't be quiet so you can hear the tiny nuances.
"There's a lot to be said about a full-on frontal assault on the ear drums" - Pigfarmer Jr.
crumpart
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Fuzz
Submitting as: Hot Pink Halo
Pronouns: She/her

Post by crumpart »

Someone I work with in Australia just said in an email that they hope the rental market is better here than there and ...oh my sweet summer child. <laughcries>
Devil’s got me Lindt! Devil’s got me Lindt!
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man

crumpart wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:45 pm
Someone I work with in Australia just said in an email that they hope the rental market is better here than there and ...oh my sweet summer child. <laughcries>
"Oh my sweet summer child"?

I always thought that was a local saying in the southeastern US, but apparently it must not be if you're saying it! EIther I just learned something or you picked it up somewhere else.
"There's a lot to be said about a full-on frontal assault on the ear drums" - Pigfarmer Jr.
crumpart
Ice Cream Man

Post by crumpart »

sleepysilverdoor wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:38 pm
crumpart wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:45 pm
"Oh my sweet summer child"?

I always thought that was a local saying in the southeastern US, but apparently it must not be if you're saying it! EIther I just learned something or you picked it up somewhere else.
I think probably Game of Thrones.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

It looks like we have a possum that lives in our backyard. I've seen it a couple of times and something certainly lives in this hole in our yard. I think it's pretty darn big but I've never gotten very close to it.
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man

Wifey got me the Boss DC-2W Dimension pedal. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
crumpart
Ice Cream Man

Post by crumpart »

Half way through moving on Election Day, during a wind/rain storm, without professional movers. We have one disgustingly strong friend who is helping. The hardest thing to move is done, and we’re pretty much had it for the day. Moving house can eat a bag of dicks. Our new neighbours seem nice though.
owl
Panama

Post by owl »

@sleepysilverdoor cool!!!
@crumpart uggggh, I hate moving! (We have way too much stuff and it's always an ordeal--I am 100% on board with hiring professionals now, they make it so much easier. By professionals I mean randos from Craigslist, last time we moved we got this guy who turned out to be like 7 feet tall and charged us $15 an hour) Good luck to you guys!
owl
Panama

Post by owl »

Today is one of those days when I Can't Even. My cat had a seizure last night, which led to an emergency vet visit. They gave her an anti-seizure med that sedated her and made her barely able to walk, so we kept her locked in the bedroom all night at the vet's request so she wouldn't fall down the stairs... so then she woke me up every couple of hours to let her out so she could go drink water or use the bathroom. I am exhausted and worried about my little pal. Also, everything is blowing up at work and I'm having a hard time concentrating, plus I have to take the cat back to the vet in a couple of hours for bloodwork. I took a nap and I'm eating some lunch now, hopefully the extra rest and food will help get me back into the right state of mind to get some of this work stuff out of the way.

p.s. Also I'm currently listening to "Santeria" by Sublime, which is one of those guilty pleasure songs that always makes me feel better.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Huh, I hadn't been getting notifications of this thread, so I just saw the past month's worth of unhappy times. So I'm gonna share some happy news in my life:
  • I have been on adderall for the last week and a half and it seems to really be helping me
  • My kitchen remodel is (basically) done
  • I had a very good job interview on Monday at a company that does stuff I enjoy doing, and I feel so good about it that I don't worry I'm jinxing things by saying I am pretty sure I got it (I guess my main concern is that the recruiter seems to be very aggressive and I hope she doesn't poison the well during salary negotiations)
owl
Panama

Post by owl »

fluffy wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:04 pm
Huh, I hadn't been getting notifications of this thread, so I just saw the past month's worth of unhappy times. So I'm gonna share some happy news in my life:
  • I have been on adderall for the last week and a half and it seems to really be helping me
  • My kitchen remodel is (basically) done
  • I had a very good job interview on Monday at a company that does stuff I enjoy doing, and I feel so good about it that I don't worry I'm jinxing things by saying I am pretty sure I got it (I guess my main concern is that the recruiter seems to be very aggressive and I hope she doesn't poison the well during salary negotiations)
Those all sound like wonderful things!
crumpart
Ice Cream Man

Post by crumpart »

Hope your cat pulls through owl! Sorry to hear she’s feeling poorly.
crumpart
Ice Cream Man

Post by crumpart »

I’m avoiding getting out of bed to deal with unpacking more of the house, so I just checked the weather for our trip. Will be 8°C max when we leave Cork and ...35°C max when we arrive in Melbourne. I have complicated feelings about this.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

crumpart wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:31 am
Also Australian possums make one of the most blood-curdling hiss-growl-screams known to human kind.
Yes. They do. But I think that is only when they are having sex. It’s weird - but I have had little luck in finding romantic partners wanting to experiment with “ possum-style”.
owl
Panama

Post by owl »

Caravan Ray wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:11 am
crumpart wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:31 am
Also Australian possums make one of the most blood-curdling hiss-growl-screams known to human kind.
Yes. They do. But I think that is only when they are having sex. It’s weird - but I have had little luck in finding romantic partners wanting to experiment with “ possum-style”.
Maybe you'd have more luck with finding someone who wants to do it American possum style (lying down and playing dead)
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

so adderall raised my blood pressure to dangerous levels. Bleh. Gonna try a lower dose starting this week to see if that helps without nearly putting me in the hospital, but soon I need to find new doctors because I’ll be starting the new job and their health insurance options don’t include the HMO I’ve been with for the last few years.

American healthcare is so fucked up, yo.
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man

fluffy wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:35 am
so adderall raised my blood pressure to dangerous levels. Bleh. Gonna try a lower dose starting this week to see if that helps without nearly putting me in the hospital, but soon I need to find new doctors because I’ll be starting the new job and their health insurance options don’t include the HMO I’ve been with for the last few years.

American healthcare is so fucked up, yo.
How high of blood pressure and how high of a dose? I ask as someone who usually hovers around 130/80 and has a prescription for 7.5s twice a day (though I don't always take it). So far mine doesn't end up in dangerous levels, but the blood pressure elevation is definitely a side effect.
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

I was taking 10mg/day (XR) and my blood pressure increased over time, and I noticed things were very wrong when it got up to 160/100, which is when I stopped taking it and sent a note to my doctor. The next day the nurse said that given that experience I really should have gone to the ER. :P
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man

fluffy wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:17 pm
I was taking 10mg/day (XR) and my blood pressure increased over time, and I noticed things were very wrong when it got up to 160/100, which is when I stopped taking it and sent a note to my doctor. The next day the nurse said that given that experience I really should have gone to the ER. :P
160/100?! Good Lord! Yeah, I would definitely call that "adderall not agreeing with you". It's a shame that nothing works as well as stimulants for ADD though
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Before Adderall I was trying Concerta and it didn't actually do anything for my focus, it just made me irritable and unable to sleep. I think these meds have a tendency to stay in my system a lot longer than expected, too, which is probably why it took a week and a half for the BP spike to become noticeable and also it took me a few days to really come down from it. I ended up sleeping pretty much all day yesterday.
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man

fluffy wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:03 pm
Before Adderall I was trying Concerta and it didn't actually do anything for my focus, it just made me irritable and unable to sleep. I think these meds have a tendency to stay in my system a lot longer than expected, too, which is probably why it took a week and a half for the BP spike to become noticeable and also it took me a few days to really come down from it. I ended up sleeping pretty much all day yesterday.
And XR is definitely that from what I've heard. Vyvanse too, since it's basically the same thing but as a prodrug. Like IR for me is barely noticeable past hour 8 or so, one of the main reasons why I prefer it is because I do shift work and so sometimes I won't take the medication until like mid afternoon, which would not at all be an option with an extended release if I ever hoped to get to sleep...