My Life

Complain about your schedule. Apparently people like that sort of thing.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott
Pronouns: he/him

Re: My Life

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Thanks. They're going to be an hour and a half away. They'll have a couple of days of driving before they arrive. Plenty of time to assess the situation.
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

this year sucks, i want a refund
irwin
Mean Street
Instruments: insecurity
Recording Method: scotch
Submitting as: suckweasel, kasper, nutwalls

Post by irwin »

Pigfarmer Jr wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:29 pm
Thanks. They're going to be an hour and a half away. They'll have a couple of days of driving before they arrive. Plenty of time to assess the situation.
Sacramento area checking in… things have been a little scary in Vacaville, Fairfield, and Winters, but so far actual property damage has been mostly restricted to the hills. Air quality can be quite variable as the wind patterns can be very different even between communities that aren’t that far apart. Smoke has been pretty bad here in the Davis/Woodland area, and like Lunkhead, we’ve had to keep the house closed up at night, which is no fun.

Positive vibes, man.
"Ouch. I wonder if this guy sounds like this when he speaks." -- Puce
Märk
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, bass
Recording Method: Presonus Audiobox 44VSL, Cubase
Submitting as: ROTR, svenmullet, I forget what else
Pronouns: master

Post by Märk »

So I open reddit yesterday and am greeted by a big fucking red banner at the top telling me I've been suspended for 7 days. Guess why? Because in a music sub, someone posted a song by Propagandhi (The Only Good Fascist is a Very Dead Fascist) which I listened to and enjoyed, and replied "KILL THEM ALL AND LET A NORSE GOD SORT THEM OUT!" which is both funny as hell and also the last line in the song.

Suspended. For promoting violence. Not even kidding. I think I'm done with that place.

EDIT: Well, I wasn't expecting this. I did actually submit an appeal, but based on countless stories of appeals being ignored, I didn't think it mattered what I told them, so I went with sort of pissed/indignant using some all-caps, and told them to 'jesus christ fix your automods'
Hello,

Thank you for your appeal. We have reviewed your request and have lifted your suspension.

For future reference, you can find helpful information by reviewing Reddit's Content Policy.

-Your Reddit Anti-Evil Operations Team
Last edited by Märk on Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
* this is not a disclaimer
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Got home yesterday from work and had a note from the dog police. Apparently one of my asshole dogs was barking at a phone guy for over ten minutes yesterday and the new neighbor (of about a week) called and reported him.

We have a doggy door that the dogs go in and out and we leave them alone during the day. So I'm sure the little asshole is guilty. Problem is I work 10+ hours a day so it's hard to lock them in. Also, the dog in question was a rescue dog that we didn't even want. He's hyper and barks and is a problem. We adopted him from the humane society because no-one could keep the bastard. We've lived here for 14 years and have had the dog 5 or 6 years. But now he's part the family so....

I'm equal parts concerned that the neighbor moved in to a house and is unhappy and pissed off at her that she didn't bother to talk to me before calling the doggy cops. Well, maybe not equal. The more I think about it the less I care about her. I just don't wanna get fined/lose the dog.

owl
Panama
Instruments: vox keys uke guitar
Recording Method: REAPER
Submitting as: Vowl Sounds, miscellaneous owl
Pronouns: she/her

Post by owl »

Can we have a pic of the offender?

Anyway, maybe you can go talk to the neighbor and de-escalate the situation—if she feels friendly towards you guys, she’ll be less likely to narc on you next time the pupper is going nuts.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

The dirty bastard:
Attachments
Dutch Criminal.jpg
Dutch Criminal.jpg (780.54 KiB) Viewed 1479 times

fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

aww what a cute pupper
gizo
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: i am mostly playing stringed ones, but I'll have a tilt at most
Recording Method: my method is to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. My wall is made of Logic on an old iMac
Submitting as: gizo : rackwagon (with Toshiro) : Late Heavy Bombardment : Stacking Theory

Post by gizo »

A+ pupper - would hug plenty!
.sig
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Update. Another call this morning for barky mcbark bark. (Picture of the offending offender above.)

The new neighbor is super nice. A young ER nurse with two dogs. She loves our dogs running up and down the fence line etc.,

Turns out it was the old biddy down the street. We've lived here 14 years and she decides to call the doggy cops on us now. I think, but am not sure, it's because four out of the five houses around her have dogs now and she. hates. dogs. (At least from what neighbors have reported she's said about their dogs etc.,) I think she's afraid of them. The dogs, not the neighbors.

We've commenced to locking up the hounds as much as possible. When I got home they went outside and there were tons of dogs barking in the neighborhood. Not sure how the old biddy can identify them all by bark, but I'm suspecting our little bastard is getting blamed for all of them. To be fair, I'm sure he's the worst of the bunch. He has a super loud bark and is persistent.

Back in the goodle days, I once filled soda machines for PepsiAmericas, inc. She (the old biddy) was the secretary at the American Heart Association and I would talk to her most of the every other week machine fill ups. She wasn't that pleasant then. She's not that pleasant now. But I think she's got a good heart, she genuinely cares about the neighborhood. Unfortunately, something has triggered her dogs are bad tendencies.

We've discussed moving out of town or trying a shock collar for when dogs bark or putting up a privacy fence. I favor moving out of town. I grew up in rural Missouri and this city life (population 108K not including lots of students at three colleges) isn't much for me. I like to be where there are more trees than people.

fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

People can be the worst when it comes to scapegoating. Back in grad school I lived in a neighborhood with a crapton of cats, and yet my asshole drug-dealing neighbor would always blame me for any cat-related issues that happened on his property. And one time my cat came in limping and bleeding and it was pretty obvious what had happened, and he was never the same lovely friendly little guy after that. :(

Shock collars are absolutely not the answer. That's just traumatizing to them.

Honestly, I'm constantly tempted to move out of town too. Maybe if I can find somewhere with a good-enough Internet connection and which isn't likely to catch fire over the summer.
owl
Panama

Post by owl »

Aw he’s so cute!!! Have you tried talking to the neighbor who called?
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drums, Guitars, Keys
Recording Method: Focusrite + FL Studio
Submitting as: Phl*b*
Pronouns: bruh
Location: Not super far from Atlanta but definitely not Atlanta

Post by sleepysilverdoor »

I just read the old man and the sea. That ending, uh...I dunno, feels bad man.
"There's a lot to be said about a full-on frontal assault on the ear drums" - Pigfarmer Jr.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

owl wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:39 pm
Aw he’s so cute!!! Have you tried talking to the neighbor who called?
I thought about having my dogs shit in her yard. In a few days I'll have calmed down enough not to let my temper get the best of me. I might have a conversation then.

fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Yeah, usually it’s a good idea to calm down before yelling at someone. Even if they did something you find incredibly troubling.
crumpart
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Fuzz
Submitting as: Hot Pink Halo
Pronouns: She/her

Post by crumpart »

A family friend I babysat back in the day just pulled the “god, I’m so old!” card on Facebook.

Shush, child.
Devil’s got me Lindt! Devil’s got me Lindt!
crumpart
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Fuzz
Submitting as: Hot Pink Halo
Pronouns: She/her

Post by crumpart »

Back in 2017, the year we left Australia, we made a photobook for our parents for Christmas and they loved it. We meant to do it the last couple of years running, but never quite got around to it, so today I've been going through three years worth of photos and I now need to cull down the 300 or so we've selected. Includes trips to The North, Mayo, Cork (when we lived in Dublin before moving here), Clare, Amsterdam, Bilbao and Santander in Spain, Lisbon, London and Australia. I'm not sure what I'll cut, but there will definitely be a spread included of Toshiro patting every random dog he sees in the street.

I miss going places.
Devil’s got me Lindt! Devil’s got me Lindt!
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

A photobook is always a great gift and always a lot more work than it would seem at first glance. Which explains why I don't give photobooks as gifts. I hope the project brings you joy.

Pigfarmer Jr
Jump

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

My mother has been in the hospital for nearly two weeks now. She was transported up here. (Unlucky in that you have to be pretty bad off to be transported 100 miles to another hospital, but lucky in that at least I'm in the same town as her now.) I've been spending 2-4 hours a day with her as the visitation policy is (understandably) insane. One person can visit. Not one person per day. Not one person per week. Not one person and then you can change it later. One person.

The good news is that she's emerging from the haze and is almost herself these past two days. And she can sit up by herself. Small steps but good ones. She's well on the road to recovery. It's just a matter of therapy and strength now.

At any rate, I appreciate all the songfight goings on. It's been a nice distraction.

fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Oh dang, I hope she recovers. Good luck to both of you.
owl
Panama

Post by owl »

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that PFJ--I'm glad you've been able to see her, that sounds exhausting and scary! Sending my best, I hope she recovers well and gets out of the hospital soon.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Thanks for the thoughts.