5/12/15 Red Hot Chili Peppers

Complain about your schedule. Apparently people like that sort of thing.
user
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: gaming
Recording Method: Microsoft Word
Pronouns: she/him

5/12/15 Red Hot Chili Peppers

Post by user »

What is your favorite RHCP song?
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Re: 5/12/15 Red Hot Chili Peppers

Post by Niveous »

Too. Many. Choices.
Way. Too. Many.

RHCP were the first band that I ever bought a greatest hits album of. So many songs that I love. "Dani California", "Johnny, Kick A Hole In The Sky", "My Friends", "Higher Ground", "Snow (Hey Oh)", "Can't Stop", "Scar Tissue"... I could list songs all day.

I'm between "Soul to Squeeze" and "Breaking the Girl" and can't decide which is my fave. I just can't.

"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

I saw them live back in 2003, for their By the Way tour. It was one of the top three or four concerts I've ever been to. John and Flea got into a really tight groove and pretty much never unlocked.

"Breaking the Girl" was my favorite when I was in high school. I liked it because of how musically adventurous it is; there's nothing else in their catalog that sounds like that, with the driving 3/8 beat and the flutes adding texture.

I still like "Breaking the Girl," as well as most of RHCP's adventures in defying genre expectations, but I think my favorite song of theirs is "Can't Stop." It's just straight-up Chili Peppers doing what the Chili Peppers do best.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
glennny
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

Post by glennny »

What an amazing trio! Despite Anthony's poor musical abilities, he's a great frontman, and very likable.
"If you have to ask "has always been a favorite. "Taste the Pain" is another. It seems a bit of a crime to be talking about RHCP before P-Funk and Hendrix. I do love them though. In the guitar centric 80's it was nice to have a bass hero. ( other than Steve Harris).

Knock Me Down is my pick. That could change they have so many good songs. I like the later albums, I love Freaky Styley and Uplift Mofo Party Plan, Blood Sugar Sex a Magic however is by far their best in my opinion. I think it's Rick Rubins best production job ever.
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers
user
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: gaming
Recording Method: Microsoft Word
Pronouns: she/him

Post by user »

I also think Blood Sugar Sex Magik is one of the greatest, but One Hot Minute is my favorite RHCP album. "Deep Kick" was my favorite for a long time, and you can't go wrong with "Soul to Squeeze" and of course "Under the Bridge". Also, "Road Trippin'" with that Simon-&-Garfunkelish sound.
Chumpy
Twilight Sparkle
Instruments: Vocals, guitar, bass
Recording Method: Logic
Submitting as: Jerkatorium, Chumpy
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Chumpy »

For me it's Under the Bridge, because I'm a sucker for songs about drug addiction and loving your city.
"I don't recommend ending on a bad joke." --ken
rone rivendale
Odie
Instruments: Electronica, nothing real
Recording Method: Fruity Loops, Goldwave
Submitting as: Rone Rivendale
Pronouns: he/him

Post by rone rivendale »

Other Side is my favorite, but like many posting here there are so many others I could easily name.
From spoken word to actual singing, I can screw up any style with style. :D