7/2/15 King Crimson

Complain about your schedule. Apparently people like that sort of thing.
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

7/2/15 King Crimson

Post by Niveous »

What is your favorite King Crimson song?
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
glennny
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

Re: 7/2/15 King Crimson

Post by glennny »

King Crimson is a profound influence on me. They're one of my favorite bands of all time. The moment I first heard Fripp and knew it (I didn't realize all the Peter Gabriel, David Bowie, and Hall & Oats stuff). was a listening to Brian Enos Another Green World. The solo in St Elmo's Fire blew my mind. We then listened to No Pussyfooting which is an ambient Fripp and Eno album. This prompted me to collect everything Fripp which is for the most part the King Crimson collection.

21st Century Schizoid Man- This is a contender. It's off the 1st album and it's incredible. It feels like the invention of progressive rock. (The April Wine cover was my 1st introduction to the song, kick ass cover)

I Talk to the Wind- This is a beautiful folk song, and the best version is not on the Giles Giles Fripp album with Judy Dyble
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig4vr7BzrLs

Frame by Frame- Wow this song is amazing. along with the similar song Three of a Perfect Pair- these songs introduced me to the concept of gamelon in rock music. The whole album Discipline is full of it.

My favorite album is Larks tongue in Aspic. This era with Starless and Bible Black and Red is my favorite line-up. Bill Brufford left Yes to join King Crimson. I thought he was nuts, then I heard Larks Tongue.

So my pick is Larks Tongue in Aspic part 2. The two title tracks book end this profound album. There is something so heavy and raw and angular and awesome about part two.

Those guys are such amazing players. I still love every album of my King Crimson collection.

Larks Tongue in Aspic
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

Honorable Mention to Elephant Talk & Matte Kudasai (Disclipline was my 1st introduction to the band)

My favorite is 21st Century Schizoid Man
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Probably something from 3oapp. Frame by Frame? I love Adrian Belew's vocals on that whole album.
Back when I had a prog radio show, Sleepless was my theme song.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas