fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: Currently Playing ...

Post by fluffy »

I've been playing piano, slide guitar, and ukulele, mostly.
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

All at the same time? Wow!
jast
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, guitar
Recording Method: Cubase, Steinberg UR44
Submitting as: Jan Krueger
Pronouns: .

Post by jast »

I'm playing The Witcher Enhanced Edition, the best single-player RPG I've played in a while. It's got an actual story that changes based on your decisions (and it's really, really hard to predict what effects your decision will have).
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

rone rivendale
Odie
Instruments: Electronica, nothing real
Recording Method: Fruity Loops, Goldwave
Submitting as: Rone Rivendale
Pronouns: he/him

Post by rone rivendale »

Games I've played alot in the last couple weeks.

360:
Rock Band
Fight Night Round 3

PS2:
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns
Fighter Maker 2

Gamecube:
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
F-Zero GX
Mario Party 7
From spoken word to actual singing, I can screw up any style with style. :D
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Post by ujnhunter »

Last night after finally being able to hookup my game consoles, I played some Fight Night Round 4 on my Xbox 360. I got knocked out in the 10th round :(

I was disappointed to see that EA has an ad server running on the loading screens and during round breaks... how horrible, I pay money for the game, and pay to play online, but I still have to see ads in my game?
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop

Post by ujnhunter »

Last night I made it all the way to the last level of Arkedo Series - 01 JUMP! in my first playthru, but only had 1 life left... I forgot what I did, but I died pretty quickly... Game Over. Time to start from the beginning again... It's tough... Very stylishly retro & funny. It's only $3 on XBL in the XNA Indie games section.

Also played I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES!!!1 which is pretty hilarious. Another XNA Indie game on XBL, it's only $1, which is pretty groovy... the music alone is worth $1 :)

Then I played KOF XII which I'm glad I only paid $20 for it and not the $60 retail price... because the roster is tiny compared to KOF XI and the "HD" graphics aren't all that impressive... BlazBlu looks better... I'd rather have the old smaller sprites with more pixelization and have more fighters than what KOF XII turned out to be... ::shrug::
-Ujn Hunter
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

So they're still cranking out KOF games?

My recent play history has mostly been Katamari Forever, which is a nice remix of the first two Katamari Damacy games, although nothing special. Also the new Ratchet and Clank just came out and I'm excited about that.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

Has anybody mentioned "Spelunky" yet? I'm too lazy to check.

http://www.spelunkyworld.com/
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Spelunky is fun but I really wish they'd make either a native OSX version or at least port it to a game framework which doesn't crash Crossover, because I really hate having to start up a VM to play it.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

fluffy wrote:Spelunky is fun but I really wish they'd make either a native OSX version or at least port it to a game framework which doesn't crash Crossover, because I really hate having to start up a VM to play it.

A Mac version would be great. I've only been able to play it at work so far...
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

i downloaded this the other day and boy is it fun. thanks for the tip!
i have windows at home so it is easy for me to run.
it is hecka difficult, and i do see the roguelike connection. i probably just have to become more careful, but sometimes it is fun to see what outlandish ways you can get yourself killed.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Right now my drug of choice is Rachet and Clank: A Crack in Time. It is the best Ratchet and Clank game by far, and that's saying a lot as I've loved pretty much all of them (at least the ones developed by Insomniac).
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man

Post by ujnhunter »

Bayonetta... slicing up angels, oh yeah!
-Ujn Hunter
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

HeuristicsInc wrote:i downloaded this the other day and boy is it fun. thanks for the tip!
i have windows at home so it is easy for me to run.
it is hecka difficult, and i do see the roguelike connection. i probably just have to become more careful, but sometimes it is fun to see what outlandish ways you can get yourself killed.
-bill
okay, i've beat it on two computers using the tunnel digging dude. fun !
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Post by Reist »

fluffy wrote:Right now my drug of choice is Rachet and Clank: A Crack in Time.
True dat - I just bought a PS3 on Saturday, and that game is excellent. I also picked up flower -

which is a visual delight, and pretty dang fun to play. My brother bought LittleBigPlanet, and that's awesome too.

This far in, I've already decided that the PS3 is a better match for me than the xbox 360. Soooooooooo much more variety to choose from, and the hardware is sleek and pretty much silent. Oh, and blu-ray.
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Did you play Tools of Destruction first? Not that Crack in Time really needs it (since all the important story parts were given in the introduction), but ToD was also a very good game, but to play ToD after CiT would probably be a bit of a letdown.
Reist
Hot for Teacher

Post by Reist »

fluffy wrote:Did you play Tools of Destruction first? Not that Crack in Time really needs it (since all the important story parts were given in the introduction), but ToD was also a very good game, but to play ToD after CiT would probably be a bit of a letdown.
Kinda, I'm having problems with the timeline at this point, so I'll continue with Tools of Destruction before I work on Crack in Time anymore. Catching up on a console several years after its release is crazy. But fun.
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Ah, yeah. Fortunately, Ratchet & Clank games tend not to have a whole lot of backstory or canon behind them. Crack in Time is really the first time a full game has been a direct sequel to anything, and it's actually a sequel to two games (Tools of Destruction and Up your Arsenal), although I never played Up Your Arsenal and didn't really miss anything except Nefarious' backstory (which I eventually learned from the Ratchet & Clank wiki).

I suppose that the original R&C is also worth knowing some of the plot of since that shows how they met to begin with, and CIT sort of answers a couple of vague questions about Clank that nobody was really asking anyway. But the older games are also IMO not as much fun as the R&CF sub-series (they're much more like traditional platformers).

Also, I wouldn't really recommend Quest For Booty. It does nothing to advance the story, and the whole game just feels like a long-winded tutorial for the Omniwrench 3000's grappling hook, so you've probably already experienced everything that game has to offer from what you've seen in Crack In Time so far (and QFB's implementation of the grapple wasn't even as good as CIT's anyway).
Reist
Hot for Teacher

Post by Reist »

fluffy wrote:Ah, yeah. Fortunately, Ratchet & Clank games tend not to have a whole lot of backstory or canon behind them. Crack in Time is really the first time a full game has been a direct sequel to anything, and it's actually a sequel to two games (Tools of Destruction and Up your Arsenal), although I never played Up Your Arsenal and didn't really miss anything except Nefarious' backstory (which I eventually learned from the Ratchet & Clank wiki).
Up Your Arsenal was the only R&C game I had owned until this point. It was pretty good, as far as I remember.
fluffy wrote:Also, I wouldn't really recommend Quest For Booty. It does nothing to advance the story, and the whole game just feels like a long-winded tutorial for the Omniwrench 3000's grappling hook, so you've probably already experienced everything that game has to offer from what you've seen in Crack In Time so far (and QFB's implementation of the grapple wasn't even as good as CIT's anyway).
Yeah, I checked around the internets on that one, and it seems to be the consensus that it's the weakest of the series.
fluffy wrote:But the older games are also IMO not as much fun as the R&CF sub-series (they're much more like traditional platformers).
I'll take your word on the fun thing, but overall I've got no problem with traditional platformers. Banjo-Kazooie is my all-time favorite game, hands down.
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Well, it's just that what the R&C games excel at is a lot of running around and shooting things, while the older ones were more about avoiding being hit while doing close combat. They're still fun, but they're a lot more difficult.
Reist
Hot for Teacher

Post by Reist »

fluffy wrote:Well, it's just that what the R&C games excel at is a lot of running around and shooting things
with AWESOME guns.