Punch Out! Wii

I beat Gyruss once.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Punch Out! Wii

Post by ujnhunter »

Haha, I just started playing this today... it's a great re-make of the old Mike Tyson's Punch Out! for NES (but without Tyson of course) It has some really great "fan service" if you grew up in that era... I just beat King Hippo so I'm on the Major Circuit now... the only thing I don't like is there is no "Lefty" option... I hate holding the Wiimote in my right hand, being left handed it feels awkward... ah well.
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Punch Out! Wii

Post by JonPorobil »

The lack of left-hander options has seriously impaired several Wii games before this, as well. A friend of mine returned his copy of Twilight Princess and played the Gamecbe version for the same reason.

I'll probably wait for the price to come down on this one before I buy. $50 seems a bit steep for a redux version of an old NES game. Even one as awesome as Punch-Out!
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Post by ujnhunter »

Yeah man... the only other thing that ever made me feel bad for being left handed were pencils... Hate smudging and pencil all over the side of my hand... I use pens solely for that reason. :)

Come on Wii developers... surely lots of you are left handed yourself!
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
rone rivendale
Odie
Instruments: Electronica, nothing real
Recording Method: Fruity Loops, Goldwave
Submitting as: Rone Rivendale
Pronouns: he/him

Post by rone rivendale »

Thanks to this thread I went and watched YouTube vids of this for 3 hours last night. So now I don't have to buy it (not that I have a Wii), cuz I just saw every opponent get beaten twice through (as challanger and as champion).

BTW, don't call this game a rehash. From what I've seen it may have the same characters in it but the fighting styles are WAY more complex. It's pretty sweet.
From spoken word to actual singing, I can screw up any style with style. :D
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

ujnhunter wrote:re-make
Generic wrote:redux
Rone Rivendale wrote:don't call this game a rehash.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Generic wrote:The lack of left-hander options has seriously impaired several Wii games before this, as well. A friend of mine returned his copy of Twilight Princess and played the Gamecbe version for the same reason.
ujnhunter wrote:Yeah man... the only other thing that ever made me feel bad for being left handed were pencils... Hate smudging and pencil all over the side of my hand... I use pens solely for that reason. :)

Come on Wii developers... surely lots of you are left handed yourself!
Miyamoto is ambidextrous and likes to take advantage of this, which is why he made Link left-handed. The developers decided that since most players are right-handed, they should make the Wii version of TP feature a right-handed Link. Instead of just reversing the player model, Miyamoto insisted that they reverse the entire world so it would all be (relatively) correct. Even though there's nothing about the controls which are inherently handed - lefties could certainly play the Wii version with a left-handed grip and it would have made no difference whatsoever (for that matter, they could have just kept Link left-handed).

It's baffling that they wouldn't provide a switch-grip for Punch-Out!, though. They did for Wii Sports!
DougFunnie93
A New Player
Instruments: bass, and guitar
Recording Method: Fruityloops and audacity
Submitting as: Doug Funnie

Post by DougFunnie93 »

i felt it was kinda jacked how they only had ONE entirely new character, disco fag...or kid, whatever. then you had to defend the title after beating mr sandman, which i thought nick brusier was harder than him in super punch out on the SNES. but either way good game.
"man, they call me doug funnie cause i always bring them sweet beets"
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

DougFunnie93 wrote:disco fag
Ahem.
DougFunnie93
A New Player

Post by DougFunnie93 »

it was funny, a friend of mine was checking it out and he played as much punch out as me and im like "dude, if you lose to disco hoe....you gay." and of course he loses and i laughed at him. then comes the defending the title....i got my ass kicked.....needless to say, the game gets stupid hard just like NES games..
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

You may want to consider that there are quite a few folks here who are of non-heterosexual persuasions before you continue this any further.
DougFunnie93
A New Player

Post by DougFunnie93 »

noted. im not saying gay is bad or anything,hell, i know a few gay friends thats funny as hell but that guy was kicking my ass like richard simmons was doing swift arobic asswhoopings. but i understand sir
jast
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, guitar
Recording Method: Cubase, Steinberg UR44
Submitting as: Jan Krueger
Pronouns: .

Post by jast »

fluffy wrote:You may want to consider that there are quite a few folks here who are of non-heterosexual persuasions before you continue this any further.
I can't (and don't want to) argue with the sentiment behind that, but for the sake of completeness I'd like to point out that folks of non-heterosexual persuasions won't necessarily mind. I don't, for example.
rone rivendale
Odie
Instruments: Electronica, nothing real
Recording Method: Fruity Loops, Goldwave
Submitting as: Rone Rivendale
Pronouns: he/him

Post by rone rivendale »

I've actually been thinking about getting this. I was watching all the fights on YouTube again (watched them all the 1st time a few months back). It looks fun, and the characters seem to have way more personality this time around. The Wii in our house is actually my Dad's but I'm sure I can squeeze in there every once in a while if I get it. :P
From spoken word to actual singing, I can screw up any style with style. :D
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

jast wrote:
fluffy wrote:You may want to consider that there are quite a few folks here who are of non-heterosexual persuasions before you continue this any further.
I can't (and don't want to) argue with the sentiment behind that, but for the sake of completeness I'd like to point out that folks of non-heterosexual persuasions won't necessarily mind. I don't, for example.
It's better to err on the side of not potentially offending the hell out of people, especially when you're brand-new to a community and have not yet made an impression on most of the regulars, whether you mean it maliciously or not.