Mantzfield
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Keys
Recording Method: Sonar
Submitting as: Mantzfield, Rapehorn

Rocksmith

Post by Mantzfield »

Anyone given this a go yet?

I downloaded a copy last week and actually paid cash money for it cause I was that impressed.

I think it's limited in use for brand new players as it doesn't limit the difficulty of songs so you'll end up out of your comfort zone pretty quick, and obviously guitar experts won't take much away from it, but for us guys somewhere in the middle I think it's amazing.

Nice wide range of songs so I'm playing stuff I never usually would and it's got a couple of useful arcade style games to practice scales and positioning.

It's not perfect, it's reliance on the rocksmith USB cable (assuming you've been good and bought it) is infuriating on the PC where I have a half way decent preamp and sound card, but I wish to merry hell that such a thing existed back when I started learning, I think I'd be a much better guitarist because of it.

it also supports Bass, and some form of multiplayer though I've yet to take a look at that.

It doesn't like drop C so seems unlikely you'll ever be ripping it up to the Devin Townsend or any 7/8-string bands, but it's a pretty spectacular start.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Rocksmith

Post by ken »

I've heard good things about this as well. The demo Lunkhead and I checked out at GC was too limited to really get a feel for it, but it seems like a great way to practice the guitar.
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
Mantzfield
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Keys
Recording Method: Sonar
Submitting as: Mantzfield, Rapehorn

Post by Mantzfield »

there is a demo on Steam, but the demo requires the stupid branded USB cable, so it's officially the worlds most pointless demo!
Denyer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Dunlop KT-26
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Post by Denyer »

I'm pretty sure no one on song fight knows how to play a guitar.
Niveous wrote:It's a song about your dick and there's just not enough material to satisfy.
Märk
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, bass
Recording Method: Presonus Audiobox 44VSL, Cubase
Submitting as: ROTR, svenmullet, I forget what else
Pronouns: master

Post by Märk »

* this is not a disclaimer
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Good to see Denyer is keeping himself occupied:

SADISTIC Songfighter, Paul Denyer is blatantly flouting prison rules by wearing women's underwear and make-up behind bars.

An ex-inmate said: "He has created bras from material on the prison sewing machines and wears them every day, and these singlet tops he's allowed to wear. The guards give him make-up, and he also paints his nails by mixing paint with glue. Three-quarters of the guards call him Paula, but some refuse to."

Disturbingly, it is also alleged Denyer has access to violent computer games Hitman, Grand Theft Auto and Songfight! - banned in jail.