vowlvom
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, keys, "other"
Recording Method: PC, reaper, ableton
Submitting as: Vowl Sounds, Vom Vorton
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Nur Ein XIII Round Three "We Should"

Post by vowlvom »

Really enjoyed the podcast again, guys! Thanks in particular to Mike for the glowing praise for my song, put a big grin on my face!

Interesting points about writing under immunity - I actually wrote the lyric and settled on the tempo changes before I knew I was immune, but I'm sure that it took the pressure off for when I got back from holiday and expanded my rough demo into a fully produced thing.
Cybronica
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Vocals, Bass
Recording Method: sm7b, Scarlett 8i6, Logic Pro
Submitting as: Mandibles, Cybronica
Pronouns: she/they

Post by Cybronica »

Great podcast, guys! I love hearing your insights into the songs each week! I did want to clarify that yes, as the female member of Mandibles, I have been on every track so far, though usually doing back up vocals (the sound scape for last weeks 3:20 was me). We appreciate your criticism, or at least I do- this is a new genre for as far as singing goes (you were right- I’m normally singing opera), so I like getting new tips for how to meld into this style more. Our percussion was the household item- a clacky keyboard and a balloon hitting the ground, some bits of which were heavily distorted. We’re really glad you enjoyed it!
“It's like opera for toddlers or something.” -furrypedro
RobStevens
A New Player
Instruments: keyboards, rhythm guitar
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Rob From Amersfoort

Post by RobStevens »

Carlo Bruno Jr.
Beautiful chord sequences!

Cavedwellers
Fun topical lyrics, and I love the slightly discordant sounds you make with the guitar (especially during the 2nd verse)!

Grumpy Mike
Sweet song, especially the second half works well!

Inflatable Vegetables
Fun love song, the supermarket can a great place to meet new people :-).

Lookylu
I like the bass and love what you do with all the different vocals.

Lucky Witch & the Righteous Ghost
I like what you did with the ‘We should’ thing in the chorus, first making it a question and then answering it. Also the second vocal in the chorus works very well.

Mandibles
Tender love song!

Matchy Matchy
I can clearly hear a lot of household items, so you fulfilled the challenge very well. Sweet pop-song!

Merisan
Beautiful vocal! Impressive synth sounds!

Nick Soma
Interesting lyrics, you used the ‘we should’ theme very well, and very creative! Love with you did with the arrangement!

Owl Chemist
mmm grand brulee. I like what you did in the solo, kind of psycho! I fully agree with the ‘The filthy bastards who made this mess should clean it up’ line!

Third Cat
Love the reverb in the chorus, and the hard panned guitars sound is great! You say we should be here, I say we should go away :-).

Vom Vorton
Well-written chorus, very sweet and probably something we should do indeed!
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Mandibles - this really reminds me of a disney song. It’s definitely well done but it isn’t what i’m in the mood for tonight. Vocals are really good.
Matchy - the sore spot line is good. I’m not grabbed by your chorus, but this is in general a catchy, fun song.
Merisan - love the synths. Not sure what the lyrics are on about. Great vocals.
Nick - good percussion. Thanks for listing the household items. Bonus points! I like how the thing propels along.
Owl - shame what you did to that creme brulee. What happens at 1:57 is great. I just tend to keep all the old cellphones in my house. Maybe that’s not the best strategy either. For all its screechiness i like the solo section a lot.
Rob - this is pretty catchy but i’m having trouble getting into it.
Third - lyrics are good, chorus feels good, verses seem a bit meandery.
Vom - ah, the vacation do-nothing tendency, that seems appropriate. Little ramones bit there. Chorus doesn’t grab me like it should. Ending is great.
Carlo - the guitar line is quite good. Nice backing vox. Not sure about some of the lyrics but they feel poetic.
Cave - thanks for listing household items. Our leader is totally manic. I like the vocal cadences. They’re odd but interesting. Good solo.
Grumpy - i like this take on the title. Imaginative. This part starting with the hot dogs is great. The manic we should plays really echo the feel of a dog.
Iveg - i appreciate what you are doing. The bass is good. Pretty catchy. The whole, maybe needs some more production. What is huli chicken?
Lookylu - you should up your production values, it would improve the sound a lot. Vocal cadence seems meandery.
Lwrg - i like the chorus. Bridge change is good. Dollar meal, what a big spender!
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
iVeg
Mean Street
Submitting as: inflatable vegetables

Post by iVeg »

Chicken with a teriyaki glaze barbecue grilled over kiawe/ mesquite wood on rotating spits. If you're cheap or in a hurry, rotisserie chicken from Costco. :roll:
facebook.com/ivegband
Mysteria
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Submitting as: Danni Rose

Post by Mysteria »

:!: Judges experiencing technical difficulties...please stand by for scores. I promise, we have not abandoned you.
thirdcat
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: guitar, bass, keys, drums, programming
Submitting as: Third Cat

Post by thirdcat »

Disappointed to be out; but this has been cool. Congratulations to everyone who made it to the next round, I'll be tuning in to the rest of this thing to see how it plays out.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

thirdcat wrote:Disappointed to be out; but this has been cool. Congratulations to everyone who made it to the next round, I'll be tuning in to the rest of this thing to see how it plays out.
You was robbed 3rd Cat.. Good to have you on board
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

thirdcat wrote:Disappointed to be out; but this has been cool. Congratulations to everyone who made it to the next round, I'll be tuning in to the rest of this thing to see how it plays out.
Keep playing along. Would love to hear some shadow entries from you.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
RobStevens
A New Player
Instruments: keyboards, rhythm guitar
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Rob From Amersfoort

Post by RobStevens »

Wow, 3rd win for Merisan (and 11th overall if I counted well), that's amazing!
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

RobStevens wrote:Wow, 3rd win for Merisan (and 11th overall if I counted well), that's amazing!
It’s OK. They usually choke in the final round. ;)
iVeg
Mean Street
Submitting as: inflatable vegetables

Post by iVeg »

Yeah. Don't they need to go on a camping trip to celebrate their anniversary, or something? :D
facebook.com/ivegband