Nur Ein XV Round Five "North Beach Vampires"

There can be only one.
gizo
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: i am mostly playing stringed ones, but I'll have a tilt at most
Recording Method: my method is to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. My wall is made of Logic on an old iMac
Submitting as: gizo : rackwagon (with Toshiro) : Late Heavy Bombardment : Stacking Theory
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Nur Ein XV Round Five "North Beach Vampires"

Post by gizo »

Adam! wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:38 am
Necromancing this thread once more to post liner notes from the ancient past:
Adam you are fun and also is that some sort of fancy rhyme-aware notes app that changes lives?
.sig
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

grumpymike wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:06 pm
Late! The New Ugly is now The Old Ugly! Some priorities took precedence.
I humbly submit to you how dumb we sound.

http://podcast.songlander.com/?name=202 ... v_ires.mp3
Hey, Mike and Ben, I listened to the podcast a couple of days ago. I was disappointed that it was late, but holy cow was that worth the wait! I loved your commentary, and it surprised and delighted me to hear you gush about my song so much! I'm grateful and humbled. Also, I really loved Mike razzing Ben about their shadow entry. I was laughing out loud at that.

In your discussion of my song in the previous round, Mike said something that really got me. I'll have to paraphrase, but you said something like "When Jon Eric sings, even if he's singing about something like checking his Facebook account, you know he's going to sing it like he REALLY means it." That compliment really moved me, as did the fact that you remembered that song from like seven years ago where I had a verse about checking my Facebook account. I've been hanging on to that (and trying to live up to it!), but keep forgetting to mention it. So thank you!

gizo wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:33 pm
Adam! wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:38 am
Necromancing this thread once more to post liner notes from the ancient past:
Adam you are fun and also is that some sort of fancy rhyme-aware notes app that changes lives?
Yes, I love Adam's videos about his process! I've been tempted to emulate them, but way too much of my creative process happens when I'm in my underwear. This was an interesting one. I loved watching that mischevious look on Adam's face when he thought up the "And jam!" line. As though he were thinking "No, I can't use that. OR CAN I?"

The app he composes his lyrics in is a web-based app with a built-in rhyming dictionary called Storm. I think another Song Fight person programmed it. Have at it! https://muse.dillfrog.com/storm/editor
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
gizo
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: i am mostly playing stringed ones, but I'll have a tilt at most
Recording Method: my method is to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. My wall is made of Logic on an old iMac
Submitting as: gizo : rackwagon (with Toshiro) : Late Heavy Bombardment : Stacking Theory

Post by gizo »

Thanks Jon. :)

I should totally be working but instead I'm highlighting rhymes. Uh oh.
.sig
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

It was made by Plat who went by The Cow Exchange among many other names on Song Fight many years ago.

http://sfjukebox.org/artists/The%20Cow%20Exchange