There can be only one.
drë
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar
Recording Method: protools
Submitting as: Andre was here at Midnight

Re: Nur Ein VII: Final Round

Post by drë »

Am always late to this Nur Ein game, and usually catch their something going on, base on the activity on this forum.

had a lot of catching up to do yesterday, and listen to all of the rounds. great stuff, that made my workday, fly by.

everyone had catchy songs, in different rounds, really liked some Adam Adamant, bgm, Genevieve Jones ( is she from new zealand? ), DJ Ranger Den, ADD, Manhattan Glutton, and The Worldly Self-Assurance.

and of course Ross and FBF, as they had the most consistency through out the whole thing.

congratulation to the always hopeless romantic FBF, well deserve victory.
chocolatechips
Push Comes to Shove
Submitting as: The Chocolate Chips

Post by chocolatechips »

I'll add my congrats (he already got my vote) to Frankie Big Face --- Very impressive stuff. After the first couple of rounds I was pretty sure it would be either BGM or FBF that would win this thing... Surprised at BGM's early elimination, not surprised at FBF's victory.
nyjm
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: acoustic guitar, electric guitar, synth, various MIDI instruments
Recording Method: Reaper, Line 6 POD, GLS Audio 57 and 58
Submitting as: noah mclaughlin, Ford's Theater Disaster, Juliet's Happy Dagger

Post by nyjm »

Eef, I step away from the boards for 24 hours and they light up like a Christmas tree!

Congratulations Frankie! A well-deserved win.

Thank you, everyone for a great ride, especially Niveous for putting all of this together.

I don't know about y'all, but I'm exhausted and I didn't even write songs for this! It's been an excellent experience.

Also, Denni: more songs about Elizabeth would be awesome.
"You sound like the ghost of David Bowie." - SchlimminyCricket | it was a pleasure to burn | my website | Juliet's Happy Dagger
frankie big face
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, aging iMac
Submitting as: frankie big face

Post by frankie big face »

Thanks everybody for your congratulations and support! As with every Nur Ein, there are always some surprises (where did BGM go? The WSA are not in the final after their amazing "Cold Comfort"? Merisan and Oystercatcher both defaulted?) and you have to catch a break once in a while to get to the end. This year, my break was during the "Cassettes" round as I could have easily been eliminated. The last time I won, I got lucky with "Spider to the Fly."

Noah, you mentioned being exhausted today and not having written any songs. Earlier today, I was thinking it would be neat if one judge was assigned to write an exhibition song for each of the early rounds. I also thought it might be interesting if there was a longer voting period and during that time there was an exhibition of tracks by any of the ousted competitors. I don't really have a solid idea--just trying to figure out a way to keep people more connected right until the end. I also had a crazy idea that would allow groups like TSA to have one vote per member in the final round. It involves a system of voting by delegate where you have more "delegates" if you were eliminated in a later round. So, a participant eliminated in Round 1 gets one vote, but the WSA would get six! (they could fight over the extra) Again, these ideas are not necessarily good or even sane. My brain is a little fried right now.

Thanks again everyone! I'm glad you liked my song. I am proud of it because the pressure was enormous!
rone rivendale
Odie
Instruments: Electronica, nothing real
Recording Method: Fruity Loops, Goldwave
Submitting as: Rone Rivendale
Pronouns: he/him

Post by rone rivendale »

In previous years, we had Nein! which was the eliminated bands doing the remanding rounds in a separate thread for kicks and giggles. I was wondering why that never happened this year. :P
From spoken word to actual singing, I can screw up any style with style. :D