Stick it in your ear! (High School Safety Pin Parade reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
MicahSommer
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Voice, accordion, keyboards, guitar, euphonium
Recording Method: StudioOne Artist / AudioBox USB
Submitting as: Micah Sommersmith, All The Robots
Pronouns: they/them or he/him

Re: Stick it in your ear! (High School Safety Pin Parade reviews)

Post by MicahSommer »

Jerkatorium wrote:Micah Sommersmith: Fun, funny and clever, and performed extremely well. The style sounds reminiscent of some of TMBG's instrumental-ish stuff on State Songs, the Hall of Mayors and etc.
Don't hold us back! Don't hold us back! We must eat Michigan's brain!
Jerkatorium wrote:Goddammit why didn't you put some of those great backing vocals on our Baked Out Of My Gourd?
I guess we'll just have to collaborate again... :D

PS Congrats on the win!
"you did a skillful job pulling off the sexy" - RangerDenni
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Jerkatorium wrote:Pigfarmer Jr if you're feeling defensive because you believe an innocuous symbol of support for minorities is an attack on the president-elect, then that is your implicit acknowledgement of the president-elect's racism, misogyny and etc. Sing about whatever you want, mock a symbol of support if you like, but that's not punk, that's just trolling.
MicahSommer wrote:Pigfarmer Jr your message, which I interpret as "Trump did not invent being an asshole, and people wearing safety pins might be doing so out of a misplaced sense that it counts as real activist work" - although I suspect that I might be coming to that conclusion from a different place than you.
The verses were one or two takes of "off the cuff" riffing. Amazing that they work as well as they all things considered. That being said, the message is not clear and doesn't really make a good point. I basically wanted to say something like "Yes, trump is crap. But a safe place should be for someone actually needing a safe place. Not someone whining over losing an election." I really hate the whole "safe place" thing on campuses because students are being exposed to ideas they don't like. Unfortunately, that took over the message and made it seem trollish when that wasn't the intent.
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
Chumpy
Twilight Sparkle
Instruments: Vocals, guitar, bass
Recording Method: Logic
Submitting as: Jerkatorium, Chumpy
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Chumpy »

Paco Del Stinko wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:52 am
Thanks for the comments, peoples. I'll get some late remarks in, for anyone who gives half a hoot. Stay tuned.
Still give a hoot, still tuned ;)
"I don't recommend ending on a bad joke." --ken