- I really like this, but I'm not sure why. I usually perceive songs like this as rambling and unfocused, but that's not at all the case here. You're evidently working some secret alchemy that is beyond my understanding. Great melodies, great atmosphere. Vote.dark side of the son
- I think I have an anti-blues bias, so feel free to discount my opinion on this song. It appears to be a competently made song of the genre, but it's not a sound that I particularly enjoy.Dark Side of the Sun
- I like the vocal. More variety in the melody and guitar line would be welcome, but there are some very pleasant moments in here. More consistency (and greater density) in the rhythm section might be good.Lichen Throat
(me) - Not that it's good, but I think this may be my best vocal performance. I'm not sure what's going on with the weird distortion; maybe I've reached a limitation of my lousy microphone, but that may be giving me a little too much credit. I'm pretty happy with the instrumental fill bits. I tried to take a lot of inspiration from 10,000 Manics' "Maddox Table," but the final result doesn't seem particularly similar, aside from the lyrical subject matter. Finally, since a couple people have asked, my most of my guitar samples are from http://www.flamestudios.org/free/Soundfonts
- Well performed and recorded, as usual. It doesn't quite hold my interest all the way through, but I really like the section that begins at 2:29.Nick Soma
- I like the weird keyboard effects. The lyrical take is good, but some of the simple rhymes seem to act in opposition to the atmosphere of the subject matter, such as "car/far". On the other hand, the "bleaching lye" line is great. By the way, since your last entry, I downloaded your old SongFight and Nur Ein entires and I've become a huge Nick Soma fan. If there was any justice in this world, you'd be an indie rock superstar. Vote.The Overambitious
- Nice delivery on the fast portion of the vocal. Overall, I'm ambivalent about this song. There's an awful lot of good stuff in here, but the composition doesn't feel particularly purposeful. This song might be well served by building to more of a clear crescendo.Pigfarmer Jr.
- The screaming is appropriately disturbing. This improved a lot on the second listen for me. I'm not digging the chorus, but I like the verses quite a bit. Nice guitar tone. Vote.Tuner's Union
- This would be my favorite Steely Dan song, but I don't really like Steely Dan. This is a very well made song in a genre that I don't enjoy. A lot of people will like this, though, and they should, since it's impressively done.Vowl Sounds
- After one second of hearing this, i knew it would be my favorite of the week. Exquisite vocal performance. Great idea for the lyrics. I like the nineteenth century folk sound. I think the song might have been well served by being either more mournful or more lively, though. (Not necessarily both at once, obviously.) Vote.WreckdoM
- The lyrics are pretty funny. I had difficulty getting into the music, however.