Gah! She kicked me in the (Tri-State Area reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Gazelles
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Gazelles »

Reviews:
* indicates a keeper.

Brice Henry: Nice music. Some mixing issues, like the keyboard is like blasting in my left ear and the rhythm section is way too quiet. But I like the music. The vocals are a bit weak. That initial verse melody gets old pretty fast, you need to go into the chorus much sooner. Is there even a chorus, or do you consider taking out the electric guitar enough of a change-up? It gets old fast. 2 and 1/4 stars.

The Cow Exchange*: Hahaha, this is great. You should submit it to JB's children's song compilation thing. It's really a pretty clever idea and it's unbelievably cute. Hahaha 'Everybody shave your heads!' This is really fantastic, has a BNL/They Might Be Giants feel. Great job. 4 stars.

The Idiot Kings: Somewhat lyrically weak. The music is pretty average. Nothing about this song particularly grabs me. It's also much too long. Very average. 2 and 1/2 stars.

Liechty: Ehhhhh. I don't particularly like this so far. It really has no substance. The chorus is a step up. It's a little too low key, I think that in this case turning up the energy a little bit would work to your advantage. I suppose it has it's moments. 2 and 1/3 stars.

Poor June: Not your usual thing. Well it is depressing, but it's not just you and the guitar. It's got a nice feel to it. I don't like how right when it feels like it's fading out it comes back. It's not a very smooth transition. It's kind of boring as well. Decent job. 3 stars.

Southwest Statistic: Somebody decided to bring the emo. Unfortunately this is unoriginal emo. I was hoping the chorus would be better, but it only got more emo. Don't get me wrong, I like emo, but when it's good. This is cliche and unoriginal. 2 and 3/5 stars.

Sven Mullet*: I really like the concept in the lyrics. I think the verses have a great build up to a really rocking chorus but that's the thing: The kickass chorus that it sounds like it's all leading up too never comes! Instead, when you would expect this chorus, you have a nice little dual guitar thing, which I think would make a very nice bridge or prechorus or something. The actual bridge is nice, but I lose interest quickly. Overall you have a very nice song, but you need to refine it and add some stuff before it's really good. 3 and 3/5 stars.

TV's Kyle*: Haha, cute. I like the...trainwhistle sounding thing??? Whatever it is, it's nice. Like anyone who includes handclaps well, you get bonus points, it'd be nice if they were a little more together though. I feel like snapping my fingers to the beat. You don't tap your toes to this kind of song, you snap your fingers. Nice bridge. You know what I could hear in that bridge? A violin. Nice job! 3 and 7/10 stars.

Top 3:
3. Sven Mullet*
2. TV's Kyle*
1. The Cow Exchange*
Dan-O from Five-O
Panama
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Mandolin all graded on a sliding scale
Recording Method: Mixer to a Fostex D-160

Re: Silky Smoove.

Post by Dan-O from Five-O »

Future Boy wrote:Is it just me, or does the vocal in Southwest Statistic's song sound like it was lifted from a synth-pop song? Maybe he went a little too heavy on the auto-tune, hey?

I would, in fact, love to be given just the vocal tracks so I can the synth-pop tune in which they belong.
I proposed earlier that this sounds an awful lot like Josh Woodward both musically and from a mixing standpoint, although too heavy on then effect for the vox. I believe that is even furhter evidence of it being JW because I felt like it was an attempt to disguise the voice. I could be wrong but make a comparison on your own.
jb wrote:Dan-O has a point.
JB
Gazelles
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Gazelles »

I STRONGLY disagree with you Dan-O. I don't really think this sounds anything like Josh Woodward. Not to mention Josh Woodward isn't especially prone to submitting under other aliases, except Wosh Joodward.

Make a comparison of my own? I did that various times in my review of Southwest Statistic. I think it sounds like bad, cliche emo. Something you might hear on the local "rock" station or something.
Future Boy
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Keyboard, Vocals
Recording Method: Apollo Twin, Reaper, Rhodes, Casios
Submitting as: Future Boy
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Future Boy »

Dan-O from Five-O wrote:
Future Boy wrote:Is it just me, or does the vocal in Southwest Statistic's song sound like it was lifted from a synth-pop song? Maybe he went a little too heavy on the auto-tune, hey?

I would, in fact, love to be given just the vocal tracks so I can the synth-pop tune in which they belong.
I proposed earlier that this sounds an awful lot like Josh Woodward both musically and from a mixing standpoint, although too heavy on then effect for the vox. I believe that is even furhter evidence of it being JW because I felt like it was an attempt to disguise the voice. I could be wrong but make a comparison on your own.
Ok, super, but Josh Woodward hasn't written a single synth-pop tune, so why are you quoting me? Is it just to restate what you have already stated once before? I will take no part in the propogation of your conspiracy theories and tom foolery. 8)
New Album: Comes Apart | Missed Connections | With Johnny Cashpoint: A Maze of Death | modular synths on Youtube
reve
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Soldering iron.
Recording Method: Reaper.
Submitting as: R., Chth*.*, etc.

Post by reve »

Future Boy wrote:Ok, super, but Josh Woodward hasn't written a single synth-pop tune,
I dunno. His Waiting Takes Time was pretty synthpoppy. Except for, you know, the acoustic guitar.

p.s. my family is sad you havn't entered in a while.
-- reve mosquito.
Dan-O from Five-O
Panama

reve wrote:
Future Boy wrote:Ok, super, but Josh Woodward hasn't written a single synth-pop tune,
I dunno. His Waiting Takes Time was pretty synthpoppy.
That was actually the song that made me think of it in the first place. For the record, I could actually care less. I guess it's just the Woody Woodpecker in me stirring things up, thinking it's funny. I didn't mean to offend anyone including Josh, Southwest Station, or anyone else on the planet that might stumble across these words I have typed. The aforementioned with whom I am knowingly entering into an agreement with to allow said readers of these words to quote at their discretion with or without my consent.
JB
Future Boy
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Keyboard, Vocals
Recording Method: Apollo Twin, Reaper, Rhodes, Casios
Submitting as: Future Boy

Post by Future Boy »

reve wrote:
I dunno. His Waiting Takes Time was pretty synthpoppy. Except for, you know, the acoustic guitar.

p.s. my family is sad you havn't entered in a while.
Ok, I concede that point. I'm not really sure why he bothered to put the guitar in that song anyway. Also, it is a hopelessly generic (not to be confused with Generic) arrangement.

P.S. I might be in the Eggplant fight. We'll see what happens this weekend.
New Album: Comes Apart | Missed Connections | With Johnny Cashpoint: A Maze of Death | modular synths on Youtube
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

brice henry: love the beginning solos... that sounds like really familiar for some reason... but really awesomely done... wished the production was better.. but not one to talk... not huge on the vocal... should've been a lil' bit careful... either give it your all... or lay back some... it's hard for it to sound good imbetween if ya know what i mean?... because you are tryin' to put a volume limiter on your voice... and it really shows bad...
(i aint always one to talk... but i'm still workin' on it myself..)... some very interestin' stuff goin' on... but the song as a whole doesn't work well with the sound... kind of carries on... love the slide... but it gets old... and really needs a switch up at sometime...
i can't really listen to this much longer... it just needs some work... really way too long... (skips... i do like the end solo thingy goin' on) wished the solo would've been more insane... good try

cowexchange: haha i like your more serious stuff... but this deffinately has it's cheesy humor qualities... not sure about the twinkies thing... but deffinately not somethin' expectable... really amazin' production... (love the twinkies in washington dc line about there already bein' a bunch of twinkies there) great stuff...
this would probably get my vote... and made my decision... this was a close second... \m/ tops

idiotkings: i really like the bass in the background... love your voice 2 man... really awesome... it's hard to hear what you are sayin' a lot of the time... but i won't rag on that... cause it sounds great anyways...
in the middle i really would've love to hear like just a lil' solo of types... it would be cool to hear what you can do \m/
(i love how the repeating of 'i can't do this alone') great song... tops

leichty: i like the concept... the words are really hard to make out... you sound like you'd have a really nice voice if you let it out... the chorus thing seems a little too structured... if that makes sense... but this really does have some nice stuff goin' on... just not really into it...
better then a lot i've heard from you

midiots: uhm... i guess that sound is just really annoying to me... promise in everything... this is just real dragging... and doesn't really have anything that hooks... and just not really my style...
i look forward to hearin' more stuff from ya... hopefully it gets more diverse...

me: i love the beat... but i can see where i should've done a few things differently... (and no i wasn't depressed... the verses were kinda just supposed to clash with the chorus that was my bigger concern in the song)... i wanted the chorus to be like.. 'what the fuck' haha... but i guess no one got it..
anyways... i didn't like the spacey thing that happened between the chorus and the verse... but ehhh i couldn't go back and change it... and it's too much of a hassle to bring my keyboard in here... so i wasn't able to re-do... really the only thing that i really liked about the song was the last minute... but i guess it could be someones thing... and i had fun makin'... so it's no biggy...
didn't mind the last chorus too much either... i guess my main goal is usually makin' chill music... stuff that can just play in the background... and not have to be the center of attention ya know?...
anyways next week i come back with my MC title... and i'll be ready to battle...
much love

southwest statistic: maybe you do sound a lil' like josh woodward... but i'm gonna try to not think like that haha... cause it's not 'supposed to be'... but i really dig this... i don't care how emo people say this is... (cause no one actually knows what emo means)... but i don't believe in holdin' anyone in a little box... just cause somethin' can fit somethin'... doesn't meant it was written 2...
if it sounds good... go with it... and this sounds great... and there is nothin' about this that doesn't sound utterly professional... and i can't just push that off... you get my vote... cause this was some really well done stuff... and really well thought out and really well put together... and can't deny that... tops/vote

svenmullet: i love the slide... this is a tough fight... i feel like i should've went with another title... i like this a lot... tops... i can't really say what i'd change... (i'm in a really wanna hear a crazy solo mood) that's all i want right now for some reason... but this is deffinately some good stuff... just really wanted a crazy solo...
def. tops... keep fighting please

tvskyle: this is some fun sounds and what not... haha think the whistles are funny... i'm not really in the mood for this stuff... i wished i were i'd probably laugh if i was...
but this was still really well put together so you do get a tops... \m/ keep it up...

tops
1. southwest statistics
2. cow exchange
3. sven mullet
4. idiot kings
5. tvskyle

sorry i haven't been reviewing as much lately... i've been writing and makin' stuff none stop...
i'm doin' a 7 days in hell EP... with klemmy and the goombots... and it's all fucked up rap songs... and it just wooo... it really is hell...
much love to all... and thanx for all the reviews... even if they weren't the best... not everything is perfect... \m/ much respect...
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle

<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorj ... htm">music page</a>
Plat
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: teeth and other bones
Recording Method: cubase, native instruments, waves, izotope, ears
Submitting as: The Cow Exchange, Eat It 'n' Mattress

Post by Plat »

* Entries marked with an asterisk get a free cupcake (only redeemable in Green Bay or some Songfight! event that I actually attend; void if Hostess goes bankrupt).

Brice Henry: Nice whiney slidey guitar work on the right. I was expecting (and hoping) to hear this style. The shakers and claps give it a personal feel, like you're at a roadside cook-out without a restaurant license. What's that watery sound on the left? I like that. Your voice strongly reminds me of a friend's, but falls a little flat and leaves something to be desired. I couldn't follow the lyrics. It could just be your mic. Despite the tasteful songwriting and performance, ultimately the low-fi mix and encoding leaves something to be desired.

The Cow Exchange: Hookless novelty song, carelessly supported by a common chord progression. Did the drummer even hear what he was playing along to? And the vocals, please.. next time hire someone with a british accent, and real kids; they'd have more rhythm and excitement than this drivel. I'd be surprised if the facts and pronunciation were accurate. A word processor and Google should never replace a notepad and calculator. Best encoded at 0kbps. Who would even submit this? Oh, me.

Dan-O From Five-O*: It's too bad this was late. Was it anything to do with the song length? Is that a banjo way in the back left? It sounds cool.. would dig it further in the front. Excellent guitar work, like the twangy solo around 3:00. The mix sounds full between the stringed instruments and vocals, though I'm starving for more percussion variation (make it sound less like a loop, or try recording real tambourine). Some of the crashes seem out of place, like they want to be accompanied by a kick drum or similar (4:09). Also consider using different crashes when played next to one another like that. Great harmonies and vocal style. Yes sir I like it. You might want to look into maximization of your final mix (a common theme in these reviews, one which I'll probably just stop mentioning in the future). I'm not a huge fan of country music, but this is very listenable. Good work.

The Idiot Kings*: Groovy *headbop* *headbop* strings, suitable for gazing at shoes. Glad you posted the lyrics, because otherwise I'd have no clue. The bass sounds great, but everything else seems a little too muddy in the mix; I would have liked them to be a bit brighter. The mix is a bit quiet, too; maybe time break out the compressor/maximizer? Performance is great as usual, and the melody is very singable.

Leichty: Weird! Very freestyle. The vocals seem caught in a strange land between clean and vocoded. I like how they spider out of sync (like at 0:33). I would have probably pumped the AutoTune way up for many of these surreal vocal parts (granted I'm obsessive about AutoTune). Strange waving noise in the background (noticeable 1:59+ and before), charming a digital snake. The rhythm loop seems to go on for a little too long. I'm glad you switched it up, but 2:33 is a bit late. Still weird.

Midiots: Maybe I spoke too soon. This song out-confuses me. From the blue feces people, no less. A very minimalist electronic tune. Not my style, so I can't fully appreciate it, but I can't find anything that really catches my ear (which I have two of). More variation (besides the strange instrumentation) would be exciting.

Poor June*: This sounds like what The Pernice Brothers or Dakota Suite would write on a particularly sad (as in emotion, not quality) day. Piano sounds awesome, particularly the twinkling around 1:40. The strings sound fake, but it doesn't bother me. The "ooh"s are a nice touch around 3:18. Lyrics are simple but effective, easily the most emotional of the lot. The standard volume level and mic complaints apply here, but you've done well with what you've got.

Southwest Statistic*: Yay!! The vocoding/autotuning (few quickly-changing artifacts) is very easy to listen to, and makes me want to sing along, also enforcing the "is this a dream?" concept. Awesome harmonies, and the echos (2:20) are a nice touch too. What instrument are you using at 1:12 with the nylon-guitar-like plucking? That's a synth right? Something about the mix seems very distorted. I think it's the guitars in the chorus - you might want to try playing around with that, maybe play with some "virtual amp" settings. The current mix is pretty loud (yay) but seems tinny during these distorted parts, making it hard to listen. All in all, a good song, and I'm anxious to hear more of your stuff. You're not just another number.

Sven Mullet: A happy dancy deathscapade. Guitars are nice, particularly the occasional slides and solo around 1:36. Percussion seems overwhelmingly plain, and could use more decoration. The echoed crash is pretty cool. Seems to run a bit long, and might be better suited with a faster tempo.

TV's Kyle* A happier dancier environmentally-inflicted deathscapade. The vocals sound like a TMBG/Weird Al hybrid. What're you using for percussion on the left? The claps sound nice too, mine usually sound more tinny. The whistle sounds good too, kind of like a wooden train whistle, except how it slides. The instrumentation keeps it interesting. Fun lyrics, I didn't realize how sneaky they were until reading ("rivers, farms, the grass and trees... my liver's in the tri-state area"). Hope you get better.. maybe the doctor will give you a hand. BTW, I'm not familiar with the Rugrats theme anymore, so I'm probably in over my head, but if you want to try, let's do it.

The hook test: so after quite a few listens (brought to you in part by the Rio Karma), when I think of the phrase "Tri-State Area", the line "..since I left the Tri-State Area.. Tri-State Area" comes to mind, which means I'll be voting for the Statistic.
TVsKyle
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: keyboard, accordion, drum loops
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: TV's Kyle

Post by TVsKyle »

What're you using for percussion on the left?
Those are bongos. I wasn't especially trying to make them sound like bongos. The percussion in the center is me banging on a book.
-Kyle A. Carrozza
http://TVsKyle.bandcamp.com
Dan-O from Five-O
Panama

Plat wrote:Dan-O From Five-O*: It's too bad this was late. Was it anything to do with the song length? Is that a banjo way in the back left? It sounds cool.. would dig it further in the front. Excellent guitar work, like the twangy solo around 3:00. The mix sounds full between the stringed instruments and vocals, though I'm starving for more percussion variation (make it sound less like a loop, or try recording real tambourine). Some of the crashes seem out of place, like they want to be accompanied by a kick drum or similar (4:09). Also consider using different crashes when played next to one another like that. Great harmonies and vocal style. Yes sir I like it. You might want to look into maximization of your final mix (a common theme in these reviews, one which I'll probably just stop mentioning in the future). I'm not a huge fan of country music, but this is very listenable. Good work.
Thanks for the input, I seriously appreciate it. In brief, the song was late because I had issues converting it to MP3. Not a banjo, a Dobro being picked. I'm still perfecting my drum machine work, I'll keep striving for better. Do you mean a sonic maximizer? I don't have one but I've heard they can do good things. I wasn't really going for a country song, but if that's the way it came across you can blame it on my midwest background.

Thanks again for the review. If anyone else would care to review it here's the link http://www.loco-mojo.com/mp3/danofromfi ... tearea.mp3.
JB
joshw
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Egg Shaker
Recording Method: Focusrite > Reaper
Submitting as: Josh Woodward

Post by joshw »

Quickie Reviews!

Scoring Key: (Production, Performance, Song)

Brice Henry (6, 7, 6)

Intro goes on a bit long. The verse has a cool arrangement, but is fairly boring because of the typical chord change and the melody that just mirrors it. It also repeats many times, when once would have been enough. I like what's going on in the right channel. This desparately needs a chorus. I'm very bored by 2m.

Cow Exchange (9, 8, 9)

Fun start. TMBG feel, you've been listening to "The Sun is a Mass of Incandescent Gas". ;) Catchy! Great DC reference! This is awesome. It'd take a hell of a song to knock this one from the top spot.

The Idiot Kings (7, 7, 6)

The intro is a kinda boring. 1234123412341234 1234123412341234 rock. The verse doesn't kick things up much with the melody that's just barely there. The octave jump helped, but by 1:15 I'm bored. For a two-chord rocker to work, there needs to be *something* going on to hold my attention.

Liechty (6, 6, 5)

The intro turned me off until the beat came in, but the "vocals" that came in soon after kinda pulled me back. It's just too "blah". Nicer part at 1:10. Next track @ 1:35, I'm just not feeling this one.

Poor June (5, 6, 6)

The production is distant-sounding to a fault. It also sounds mono. This is another instance of using a simple repeating chord progression (vi-V-IV) with a melody that just hugs the changes. And in this case, I can't really understand the words, so I'm left with nothing at all to focus on.

SW Static (7, 7, 8)

Interesting feel, kinda dreamy. Nice autotune use. The vocal tone is a thin. Actually, something about the whole sound is a little thin. There's not much bass and the hi-mids are harsh. Serious clippage when the chorus comes in. Pretty chorus, though. Good song.

Sven Mullet (7, 8, 7)

Interesting feel to this one, too. It seems to be dragging somewhat by the halfway point, but the neat breakdown at 2:30 is cool. The instrumental section that follows drags, too. The highs on this, especially the hi-hat, are harsh. Neat buildup at the end. The verse repeat at the end seems needless. Some arrangment economy and a good B-section would help this.

TV's Kyle (7, 7, 7)

Fun feel, if a little cliche in the verses. The chorus is more interesting. Another TMBG feel on this one, did you pay Flans to be a ringer on your song? :) Great solo.

Easy decision: Cow Exchange
Last edited by joshw on Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
joshw
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Egg Shaker
Recording Method: Focusrite > Reaper
Submitting as: Josh Woodward

Post by joshw »

Dan-O from Five-O wrote:Southwest Statistic: This is well written and produced song. It’s catchy and the musicianship is pretty good.

However, upon further review. Does this sound familiar to anyone else? Is this a Josh Woodward entry under a different name? This voice and production sounds very familiar to me. If it is, I would recommend the same things I did the last time I reviewed a song of his. Stick with the coffee shop stuff kid, because your electric guitar tone sucks. Maybe it’s not. Naw, screw that, I think it’s Josh. Enjoy your life as it is now kid, because when reality sets in and you have to get a job and that new wife of yours wants kids you’ll be lucky to get 40 songs done the rest of your life, let alone in 2004.
Uhh... not that I wouldn't be proud to call that one my own, but it's definitely not me or anything to do with me. Maybe when I grow up and become a big boy, I'll be able to do something like it, though!
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

Hoblit wrote:Cow Exchange,I'll be voting for you.

I love your tune...it's great!

although, it will date itself before too long. There's a good chance that 'Twinkies' is going out of business...

however, now i want a twinkie real bad...

Also wanted to say that this is the best fight of the three

Thanks Sven, TvSky,SWstat, and TIK... ya'll made it quite listenable and I really dig on the SWstat song!
I mean no offense...but the SWSTAT sounds like CowExchange on a serious day. I think it's the vocoder / harmonizer effect and laid back do0der guy vocals. I really liked both songs on different levels and started to listen them back to back a bunch...and then I noticed what I really liked about them both ... and that was their similarities.
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

Finally, I've found a free minute to do some quick reviews (in my usual paragraph form):

This was a pretty decent fight, nothing compelled me to keep it forever but a few earned some extra listens. The Idiot Kings continued to not impress me. It kills me everytime I hear him. There's so much potential in all his songs but not enough payoff. I wanna hear him in a collab, maybe someone else can push him that extra bit to true greatness. Poor June showed me a strength that I've never seen from him. The beat is infectious and though it runs a little long, it's definitely my favorite PJ tune ever. Sven's entry was kinda drab. I was hoping for a Sven rockout and got middle of the road. Brice Henry's guitar got on my nerves quick as well as the song's sing-song nature. I'm not even gonna talk about the Midiots, other than saying that I didn't like it at all. TV's Kyle's entry made me wonder why he had won the SF before (I hadn't heard him prior to this). This was a poor TMBG knockoff. Leichty's showed promise. It got a bit redundant and the vox were just too low in the mix at times, but there was definitely something good there. My vote ends up with Southwest Static. The chorus to their song was great. On my first listen, I immediately said "The new threat has arrived". Great work, SWS. Finally, the Cow Exchange. Best idea but you tried to compile too much in it. I had just finished listening to every single Schoolhouse Rock song ever made (incl. Scooter Computer & Mr. Chips) before hearing this and I think you guys have the idea but tossed too much in. One topic, run with it, have fun and next time you've got my vote.
Dan-O from Five-O
Panama

joshw wrote:
Dan-O from Five-O wrote:Southwest Statistic: This is well written and produced song. It’s catchy and the musicianship is pretty good.

Uhh... not that I wouldn't be proud to call that one my own, but it's definitely not me or anything to do with me. Maybe when I grow up and become a big boy, I'll be able to do something like it, though!
YAFLAYKI! Don't be too upset with me Junior, I call a lot people "kid". I'm 42 years old and my daughter graduates from High School next year, a lot of people seem young to me. Just remember where you heard it from though, your life will change. Unless of course you decide to be the selfish spouse, in which case I suggest a cash payoff to your future ex-wife that leaves you for not wanting kids.
JB
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

Congrats, Cow Exchange! I'm going to ask to take a teeny bit of the credit for helping you win. Just a teeny bit. 1% of the credit.

Anyway, it's well-deserved. Congrats, (and toldja-so).
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

ok... just would like to say... i got zero votes... idiot kings only got 2... but

Midiots pulled off a 4... and brice henry pulled off a 12...

(now i can understand how i didn't get votes... but come on... idiot kings... only got 2!!! what the fuck!?! go figure)

anyways congrats to cow exchange... very good... \m/

TVsKyle
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by TVsKyle »

Congrats Cow Exchange! You deserved to win and you won! That very rarely happens!
but the rest of you guys need to get a mailing list!
But everybody pisses and moans when I use THAT!
-Kyle A. Carrozza
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

TVsKyle wrote:Congrats Cow Exchange! You deserved to win and you won! That very rarely happens!
but the rest of you guys need to get a mailing list!
But everybody pisses and moans when I use THAT!
yea... i think it's just cause not everyone has a mailing list and people that can talk into to comin' to the site and voting for them...

i think that's what pisses 'em off... because they just let nature take it's course... while others send people in specifically to hear the song... and get the auto vote... just for bein' friends and what not...

(then again... i don't really care... cause i never win anyhow... but if i almost did... and lost to someone i knew didn't deserve it... and i did have the best song... i would search them out and destroy them)... anyways now that, that is out of the way...

yea... good times

TVsKyle
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by TVsKyle »

I know. I'm just bein' a wiseass.
-Kyle A. Carrozza
Plat
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: teeth and other bones
Recording Method: cubase, native instruments, waves, izotope, ears
Submitting as: The Cow Exchange, Eat It 'n' Mattress

Post by Plat »

Wow, so weird. I couldn't listen to that song in full until about 3 days after submitting it. Never would have guessed a strange song like that could go over so well. Thanks for the votes and kind speak. I'll treasure the 2-dimensional Tri-State trophy cover always ;-). On the 7th entry, too. Lucky 7's?
Jim of Seattle wrote:Congrats, Cow Exchange! I'm going to ask to take a teeny bit of the credit for helping you win. Just a teeny bit. 1% of the credit.

Anyway, it's well-deserved. Congrats, (and toldja-so).
It's yours. Thanks. I don't know if it sounds this way on your monitors, but I've been trying new approaches with each song (including using common instruments that I'm comparatively unskilled at). It's pretty hit-or-miss, but at least it stays fun for me.

Hopefully this doesn't come across as gloating - I just wanted to show my appreciation.

Also 'grats to Southwest Statistic. Great job, especially for a newcomer.

...time to go buy some celebratory Twinkies. And maybe a de-esser.