Get the duct tape (Broken Heart Syndrome reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Get the duct tape (Broken Heart Syndrome reviews)

Post by Lunkhead »

That is the right place. It's fixed now. Folks may need to "shift+refresh" in their browsers to get the updated file instead of a cached version of the old file.
lichenthroat
Mean Street
Recording Method: MuseScore & Ardour or Reaper
Submitting as: Lichen Throat, Dimetrodon, Sparetooth, Dessert Tortoise

Post by lichenthroat »

Balls to Monte—Nice forlorn rock vibe on this. Some 60s feel mixed with more contemporary atmosphere. I wish there was a little more going on, but I like what’s here.

Brown Word and the Big Whine—I like the guitar playing and tone on this. Cohesive in sound and lyrical content. Could maybe use more internal variation. Good lyrics.

Dead Spectres—Strong groove. Vocal delivery is good, as is the production. I was expecting a more soaring chorus, but the robotic breakdown works reasonably well.

Evermind—Super heartbreaking, as befits the title. I’m impressed at how you can maintain interest and tension with such a simple arrangement and mellow vocal; I think the strong lyrics are a key element. Good work.

Gaping Maw—I like the immense confidence with which this is delivered. Not my favorite genre, but very competently made. The dual guitars are cool and are mixed well.

Grumpy Mike—I don’t know why, but this sounds to me like it should be in the soundtrack of a Luc Besson film. I like the use of piano in this style of song.

Inflatable Vegetables—Lyrics are funny and clever. I love the part of the chorus where you repeat the title. The cymbal crashes get a bit repetitive. Fun song.

Jake DeLorey—The intro immediately hooked me. Genre bias makes me favor this, but think it’s an objectively good song, nevertheless. The screamy guitar in the background works well, even though I have no idea how it occurred to you to do include it. Top tier overall.

Lichen Throat (me)—Hey, why should Celtic folk ensembles and melodic metal bands have a monopoly on songs about The Lord of the Rings? I want in on the action, too. This doesn’t have the emotional resonance I’d hoped for, and somehow it seems both overwrought and lacking in complexity. It has grown in my estimation, however, following my initial dissatisfaction.

Night Sky—Crank up the vocal. The post-disco groove is strong in this one. I’m not sure what to suggest to fix it, but the mix sounds like the instruments were all recorded in different studios, so they don’t fit together as well as I would like. I can definitely dance to it.

Paco del Stinko—Love the intro. This is a great use of the characteristic Paco sound. I like when your vocal has a lower, lazier sound, like this. One of my favorites of yours.

Phlebia—Wow, this is mixed loud. I dig the Sisters of Mercy vocal. Lyrics are funny and are a fun match with the sonic relentlessness.

rackwagon—I’m not sure the Lucinda Williams-esque guitar tone is the best match for the Floyd/Bowie vocal, but otherwise I like this song a lot. I think a dreamier, reverbier tone might suit it better. Good vocals, great composition.

Reve and Ujn—I like this, even though it consists of individual components that I usually hate. I’m not really sure what’s going on here, but it works.

Robyn Mackenzie—Your vocal is great, and it is a great match with the low-key grunge guitar (or maybe that’s a bass). This has the exact level complexity that best suits the concept you’re going for.

Shade & Honey—The mixture of thin and lush sounds is novel and works well. Composition and arrangement are good, though I think the optimal length might be a bit shorter. I think this is my favorite of yours so far.

Steven Lamphear—Infectious rhythm, great guitar playing. The guitar solo has kind of lounge act feel that doesn’t match the rest of the song, but otherwise this is super solid. Excellent work.

Sweeney Toad—Lyrics are good. I found the chorus a bit too repetitive. I like the thrumming instrument in the background. Nodding my head to the rhythm right now.

tomdg feat rox + wub—I really like some of the individual parts of this, but sometimes it seems like they don’t all fit together quite right. The section at 2:08 (and others like it) is a highlight. Good vocal.

WreckdoM—The lyrics are good at capturing the oscillation between exaggerated self-pity and absurd optimism that is unfortunately too common. The music backs up the concept, too.
neutronflow
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Vocals, guitar, bass, kazooka
Recording Method: Audacity, UMC404HD
Submitting as: Tim Hinkle

Post by neutronflow »

Sweeney Toad! Your song is speaking to my heart! I love Sweet Tomatoes! Listening just now with my girlfriend: "Wait. What is this about? Did you write this song?"
SweeneyToad
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: FL Studio
Recording Method: Pro Tools, Soundforge
Submitting as: Sweeney Toad, Stylus Bazaar

Post by SweeneyToad »

neutronflow wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:54 pm
Sweeney Toad! Your song is speaking to my heart! I love Sweet Tomatoes! Listening just now with my girlfriend: "Wait. What is this about? Did you write this song?"
I was truly devastated when I heard they were closing, seriously one of my all time favorite restaurants to eat at!
Sober GF: I can't explain why but I hated it

Toby Rok: Sweeeney Toad...I can’t explain why, but I like it...

sweeneytoad.bandcamp.com
Shade&honey
A New Player
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Tascam model 12. Reaper
Submitting as: Shade&honey
Pronouns: Mr

Post by Shade&honey »

Sweeney toad

This is different. It is hip and quirky and I dig the build. Definitely has a nerdcore vibe, I like the video game synth sounds. It has a good mix of sounds in the background and foreground.

Reve and Ujn

This reminds me of scott pilgrem vs the world. It has a lot of attitude. The mix maybe could a little less treble on the noise part of the track. Short and sweet.

Evermind

I like this. It is nice and mellow and thats definitely a spot I like to hang. Harmonies are nice. The drums get to sounding too much like a metronome after awhile. I dig the vibe over all.

Lichen Throat

Dig the 90's altrock vibe. The layered guitars are nice. I can honestly say your voice is unique and could always pick it out of a line up. Bass seems like it might steal the stage in the mix in some spots. Cool song.

Steven Lamphear

I dig the upbeat drums. The mix seems like it could be a little clearer. I do really like the drums, are they live? I dig the dynamic changes. Nice little solo in there for good measure. Kinda jazzy. Nice chops.

Night Sky

Take me to funky town. My friend always says, "you want a banger, put in horns!" I tend to agree. The vocals could come up a little in the mix. And I dont really hear the bass there. Always will have a soft spot for the this kind of sound.

Robyn Mackenzie

I always dig your progressions. The bass seems like it could be rolled back a smidge, Like the double vox. I like the prechorus, and the chorus opens up nicely. Nice harmonies. Do you layer those? I have a harmony pedal that can be convincing in the right amounts. Definitely dig the vocal work on this song. Well done.

tomdg feat rox + wub

Like it right off the bat. Dig the synth and guitar pair. I'm not 100% sold on the drums but they keep the time nicely. I think the vocals could come up a little in the mix(either by volume or EQ) Overall its a neat little song.

Balls To Monte

I dig the folk rock sound. Mix sounds decent. The vocals kinda remind me of the rolling stones in the delivery. Nice meloncholy vibe. Kinda dark, I dig that. The feeling gets a little hopeful in the chorus. Drums are simple and I also dig that.

Brown Word and the Big Whine

Kinda comes in adruptly, but I like the sounds you chose for the song. Do I hear a xylaphone hiding in there? This has a nice pop feel to it. I really like it. Also get ab americana feel to it.

Inflatable Vegetables

This has an art rock vangaurd feel to it. The words are funny but honest. I like the vocal delivery and overall feel to this. Good job.

Dead Spectres

This feels like it kinda comes in adruptly too. I dont hear too much rap on here so kudos for the genre pick. The beat is nice and the flow is good. The levels sounds pretty good. I dig the synth that comes in on the chorus.

Shade & Honey

What can I say about this, I used a korg kaossilater mini for the drums. The levels seem a little low compared to the other tracks but I am still experimenting with hardware and software to find that sweet spot. Not quite there yet but I'm always getting a little closer. Someone mentioned that its a little long. I agree, I could probably shave a minute or so off of it but I'm not sure how the pace of the song would be affected. Worth a try though.

Jake DeLorey

Mix sounds good right off the bat. I like the guitar sound. The doubled vocals sound great. I dig that weird drill sound hanging out in the mix. This has a good feel and energy and pacing about it. This is my fav this week so far. Dig the style. Do you like Dr. Dog?

WreckdoM

Nice conglomeration of sounds here. It reminds me of some nerdcore artists. The guitar riffs are nasty in a good way. This is sounds pretty original and experimental, kudos for that. I like the intermission in the middle. I really dig this.

Phlebia

How do you get your mix so loud!? I'm jealous lol. Cool electronic rock feel. I like the music in juxtoposition. The reverb on the vocals adds to the vibe but maybe could be reigned in a little bit. I like the beep boop synth lead. This is a really cool song and if it didnt have lyrics, I think it could be in a cheesy horror movie.

rackwagon

I want to learn these country rock riffs! Been watching videos on it lol This has a cracker feel to it. The verse kinda reminds me of pink floyd. I like the bass line. This is really well put together. I can definitely hear alot of influences in this.

Grumpy Mike
I like the quirky synth intro. The vocals are nicely delivered. The mix sounds good. This has a dubstep meets rock vibe. Kudos for blending the two genres. I like that piano interlude. I could hear this on my local rock station if this was put through a professional studio. Definitely a banger.

Gaping Maw

Now this is something someone could dance to. I dig that organ sound. The mix sounds good. I like the tempo change. This reminds me of something but I cant put my finger on it. Everything sounds really polished and well put together.

Paco del Stinko

This great right from the beginning. Like the doop doop doops. You definitely have your own sound that I know comes from you being prolific in your production youve definitely carved out a good sound for yourself. The bass/drums/guitar tone is just spot on. Well done.

sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drums, Guitars, Keys
Recording Method: Focusrite + FL Studio
Submitting as: Phl*b*
Pronouns: bruh
Location: Not super far from Atlanta but definitely not Atlanta

Post by sleepysilverdoor »

How did I get my mix so loud? Simple. Run every channel into the red on my audio interface and then brickwall every channel. :p
"There's a lot to be said about a full-on frontal assault on the ear drums" - Pigfarmer Jr.
gizo
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: i am mostly playing stringed ones, but I'll have a tilt at most
Recording Method: my method is to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. My wall is made of Logic on an old iMac
Submitting as: gizo : rackwagon (with Toshiro) : Late Heavy Bombardment : Stacking Theory

Post by gizo »

Thanks everyone for the feedback - it shames me to say that I'm not going to get round to posting any commentary this week :(

I should note that all the niceness of rackwagon this week belongs to Toshiro. I sent him a last minute rough guitar track with some vocals on it, and then all those wonderful guitars and vocal harmonies appeared.
.sig
JakeDeLorey
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Drums, Guitar, Keyboard, Bass, Vocals
Recording Method: Logic Pro 9, Presonus Firestudio
Submitting as: Jake DeLorey

Post by JakeDeLorey »

Squeezing in some reviews beofre I run out of time.

Balls to Monte - Great lyrics and I love your vocals. Mix is a bit flat to my ears. Quality writing though.Would like to see this edited down a bit too. A bit long for whats going down in the song.

Brown Word and the Big Whine - I can barely hear your rhythm track on this one. WOuld like to hear a bit of doubling or chorus on the acoustic guitar since it is the main driver. Good lyrics, and your vocal delivery is solid and sits nice in the mix, not to overpowering.

Dead Spectres - I like the low drone in the background. Helps fill it out a bit. Would like to hear a different synth sound with that melody that kicks in around the 37 second mark. Lyrics are solid, same with the flow. Always good to get hip hop in the soundfight mix. Like the synth bass sound to. Well rounded submission. This is another tune that I feel doesnt have enough going on it to warrant a 4:30 run time. I felt like I had already heard everything that was going to happen in the song close to the two minute mark. Thats me though, and should not take away from the fact that this is a good track.

Evermind - Very nice and subtle. Totally works, and your vocal delivery is perfect for the track. I get a SOngs:Ohia vibe from this style of tune. Lyrics are good, and harmonies are subtle. Once again, just enogh for this tune. Halfway through and although I feel it building towards the end, I would like to hear something a bit more noticable that wraps this up in a bow.

Gaping Maw - Alright. Lets groove. Vocals make or break this style of tune. Vocals sound great and are mixed really nice. Chorus is as solid as the come and everything sounds spot on. Its got my foot tappin. Ok second time around now for that slow down part with the spoken word. Each time that completely takes me out of the song. I just get the head boppin then WHAM! hit by my airbag because the song slows so much that it feels like a hard stop. Overall though, solid. This is a vote.

Grumpy Mike - Great mix, love the backing track and instrumentation. Works well, and the synth is killer. Your vocals sit a little noticably on the mix but not to shabby in the slightest. You have a great voice and the lyrics fit the song nicely. Great balance in my headphones. Another Vot to go along with Gaping Maw.

Inflatable Vegetables - A song fight, its great to be back. A keeper, really like the lyrics. Yes its rough around the edges, but it all works. I would like to hear the chorus approached in a less chuggy way, but honestly. Im liking it. Not a vote, but entertaining, and relatable.

Jake DeLorey - Well second song in a row. That doubles my entire song output in the last 5 years. Mix is a bit to quiet. As always I left my lyrics, vocals until the last minute, and once again they suffered for it. Teh vocal overdubs are way to messy, and need to be tightened up. As per usual I have nop bridge in my song. Thats usually a time thing. One of these days I'll get the time managment aspect of my writing and production down. Had a blast on it though.

Lichen Throat - Im waiting for Peter Murphy to start singing.....oh....pretty close. This sounds good in my headphones. Good Lyrics, and your vocal style suits the song. I would like to hear you tighten up your delivery though. a bit sloppy timing wise. Might have been what you were going for aesthetically, but a bit to sluggish to my ears. I dig this song though, and reminds me of my youth in the late 80's with bauhaus.

Night Sky - Another groover like the Gaping Maw song. Horns sound nice. Would like to hear a bit more from your bass and drums though to help round out this sound again. Those guitar stabs sit a bit to rawly on top of everything for my ears. Horns rock though.

Paco del Stinko - Oh nice , super velvet undergroundy with that Lou Reedish delivery. This sounds great. Like the electric guitar sound, just crunchy and clean enough. Lyrics are good, and the song is strong overall. Background "doo doos " too .This is a vote.

Phlebia - Another Bauhaus vocal delivery. Sweet. This is a bit to' Boss level" for me, but this is totally a style of tune I dig. Just a bit to digital/8 bit for my ears. Lyrics aren't for me, but delivery and melody are spot on.

Rackwagon - Sounding good so far. Mix seems nicely balanced. Best sounding tune of the bunch so far it would seem. Get a nice "Filter" feeling from the tune, like "take My Picture" or something. Nice melodies and solid production. Nice voice. Not a whole lot of complaints for this one. Gotta vote for it cause it sounds so nice.

Reve and Ujn - Great lyrics and delivery. Fuck this mix though.

Robyn Mackenzie - ANother track where the drums are way low in the mix. Thankfully you have a real nice voice, and you hit the harmonies just right (between the eyes). Backing track is just way to washed out though.

Shade and Honey - Songs got a great vibe to it. Like that clean guitar riff. Would like to hear the organ brought up a bit more in the mix. Solid voice. Verse's get a litte repetitive, but you have a solid chorus.

Steven Lamphere - That kick drums cuts through nicely...maybe to much? nah. Really digging this song. Solid voice. Lyrics are spot on, and the song swings. Again, best voice I've heard today I think. Looking forward to future submissions. Might have to go back to see if you have any others. C'mon! That guitar at the end??How sweet was that. Damn! Vote!

Sweeney Toad - Im liking the mix on this more than the dead spectres mix, but Im not feeling the flow. Thats on me though. This track sounds good, mixed good, and the vocals sit nicely.

tomdg feat rox +wub - Vocals need some reverb. They dont sit on the mix nicely. the high hat hits or echoes (the clicky locust sound) is rough.

WreckdoM - Always thinking outside the box. This doesnt work for me though. Fun, but just to all over the place for me.

Wow, big fight with plenty of vote worthyness. My votes this week go to Steven Lamphere, Rackwagon, Paco del Stinko, grumpy Mike, and gaping Maw. Thats more than my standard three votes, but damn. Some of you guys went above and beyond this week.
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man

I've got like 5 songs left to review. So much SongFight!
"There's a lot to be said about a full-on frontal assault on the ear drums" - Pigfarmer Jr.
JakeDeLorey
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by JakeDeLorey »

Shade&honey wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:17 pm
Jake DeLorey

Mix sounds good right off the bat. I like the guitar sound. The doubled vocals sound great. I dig that weird drill sound hanging out in the mix. This has a good feel and energy and pacing about it. This is my fav this week so far. Dig the style. Do you like Dr. Dog?
I do actually. Saw them do an austin city limits set that sold me right away. Havnt really gotten into their most recent couple of albums, but "Fate", "Shame, Shame", and "Be the Void" still get some pretty heavy rotation from me.

Thanks for the kind words bud. I appreciate it.
Kamakura
Panama
Instruments: Drums, Guitar, Keys, Howling
Recording Method: LogicPro
Submitting as: Kamakura

Post by Kamakura »

Sorry for the very brief and lame reviews, but time waits for no idiot.

Balls To Monte: Like it. Voice reminds me of Neil Young. Needs more drum fills.

Brown Word and the Big Whine: Nice! pitch bend at end rawks!

Dead Spectres: Generally, I don't like rap. But once the chorus arrived I found myself table drumming. Also, Firefly badly needs to come back.

Evermind: Like it a lot. Very Jack Johnson.

Gaping Maw: Yeah! Uptempo sweetness. Very simply Red... then? Weird, but I think I like. Going to take a minute to grab a coffee.

The segue between Gaping Maw and Grumpy Mike is perfect.

Grumpy Mike: Good synth choice, peachy song.

Inflatable Vegetables
: Dental songs are right out, and should be officially verboten. That aside... sorry, can't put that aside.

Jake DeLorey
: There's a drill noise... Argh, Are you league with those inflatable vegetables? Fun upbeat song.

Lichen Throat: Nick Cave, Lou Reed, and the 80's spring to mind

Night Sky
: I'd really, really like to hear another version: the drums and your voice are way too low in the mix.

Paco del Stinko
: Sweet. Thumbs up. LIke the guitar line.

Phlebia: Atari 1040, Cubase, Yamaha TX81, and a reel to reel. Very, very 80's. Love it, though it's a tad distorted.

rackwagon: I really like this.

Reve and Ujn: Up to date punk in all its distorted glory.

----- and here I had to stop.

Votes for Evermind, Gaping Maw, Rackwagon, Paco del Stinko, Grumpy Mike.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

https://kamakura.bandcamp.com
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man

Kamakura wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:25 am
Sorry for the very brief and lame reviews, but time waits for no idiot.

Phlebia: Atari 1040, Cubase, Yamaha TX81, and a reel to reel. Very, very 80's. Love it, though it's a tad distorted.
Moukey Mek-200, BOSS Dimension C, Ibanez SR-305, and clipping HARD on a Tascam US600 interface routed into FL studio with heavy vocal compression and reverb and not much else going on.
Toshiro
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, vocals. Extremely bad keyboard.
Recording Method: Logic Pro, Focusrite ISA One, MOTU Traveler and assorted gubbins
Submitting as: Toshiro

Post by Toshiro »

Horseshit, Gizo. You sent me a complete song and I shouted and threw my guitar at the wall on top of it. Stop talking yourself down.
JakeDeLorey
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by JakeDeLorey »

Toshiro wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:33 am
Horseshit, Gizo. You sent me a complete song and I shouted and threw my guitar at the wall on top of it. Stop talking yourself down.
Well however you guys worked it out, you nailed it.
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man

oh and by the way iveg, my dental hygienist cousin Katie informed me that she knows 3 other dental hygienists named Katie. And her boss is a dentist named Katie.
Kamakura
Panama
Instruments: Drums, Guitar, Keys, Howling
Recording Method: LogicPro
Submitting as: Kamakura

Post by Kamakura »

sleepysilverdoor wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:57 am
oh and by the way iveg, my dental hygienist cousin Katie informed me that she knows 3 other dental hygienists named Katie. And her boss is a dentist named Katie.
Have you heard of triggering?
It's when Bruce Banner turns into the HULK, or when I hear anything vaguely dental, and... ARGHHHHH! :shock: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

https://kamakura.bandcamp.com
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

Steven Lamphear wins!

Welcome to Song Fight Steven! Hope you stick around and make more songs.
genecawley
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Piano, Drums
Recording Method: TASCAM DP-24SD
Submitting as: Balls To Monte, The Go-Kups, & and the Angle Brackets, The Buttermilk Compleat

Post by genecawley »

Lunkhead wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:29 pm
Steven Lamphear wins!

Welcome to Song Fight Steven! Hope you stick around and make more songs.
Whoo! Congrats!
"...and it ain’t a fit night out for man or beast!”
gizo
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: i am mostly playing stringed ones, but I'll have a tilt at most
Recording Method: my method is to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. My wall is made of Logic on an old iMac
Submitting as: gizo : rackwagon (with Toshiro) : Late Heavy Bombardment : Stacking Theory

Post by gizo »

Congrats, Slampy!
.sig
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

Is it Lam-fear or Lamp-hear? I guess the former. Either way, congrats!
Bringin' the stink since 2006.
slamphear
A New Player
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Vocals, Drums
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Steven Lamphear

Post by slamphear »

Thank you so much, everyone!!! This was fun, and it's been really cool seeing the reviews come in on this thread. I appreciate all the feedback, to those of you who took the time to provide it.

Here are my responses to some of the reviews:

The mix here was indeed rough; I didn't know how strict the submission timelines were here, so I wanted to get it in by Friday night in case I overslept on Saturday and missed the deadline. Unfortunately, I spent way too long working on the guitar solo, and I didn't finish tracking everything until Friday evening. I only had about an hour or so to play with the mix, and I wasn't able to get to a point where I was happy with it. With that in mind, I'm planning on revisiting it with fresh ears in the near future, and the feedback I've received here should be very helpful in getting things cleaned up!

lichenthroat: I was indeed worried that the bebop guitar solo would be out of place. However, my main area of focus in music over the last few years has been working on improvising bebop lines. Since this was the first song I've written in the last 7 years (geez!), I wanted an excuse to blow over some changes. While I would like to say that my next submission (next time I can devote putting a week's worth of free time to working on a song) won't have anything like this in it, I know in my heart that it would be a lie. ;) Sorry in advance.

Also, to answer Shade&Honey's question: The drums are "live" in the sense that I played them (instead of programming them), but it's not a mic'd acoustic kit, if that's what you're asking. I have an electronic drum kit, and I'm using BFD3.

At any rate, thanks again for the feedback and the votes, everyone! If anyone's curious to hear more of my music, I've got a bandcamp page (with a singer/songwriter album, as well as a couple of "contemporary classical" compositions) here: https://stevenlamphear.bandcamp.com
slamphear
A New Player
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Vocals, Drums
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Steven Lamphear

Post by slamphear »

Paco Del Stinko wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:52 am
Is it Lam-fear or Lamp-hear? I guess the former. Either way, congrats!
Lam-fear :)