I hide my scars (Behind a Mask reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott
Pronouns: he/him

I hide my scars (Behind a Mask reviews)

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

but sometimes they still show...
Last edited by Lunkhead on Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: make normal
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Re: I hide my scars (Behind a Mask reviews)

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Please put your lyric in this thread so we can admire them from afar. Thanks!!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12166
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

Songs posted!
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast

Post by Adam! »

Come watch Max Bombast accidentally do the challenge.

I also recorded a not-live version of this song, if you're into that sorta thing:

https://songfight.net/forums/download/file.php?id=1663
Attachments
Bad Songs Done Quick - Behind a Mask.mp3
(4.62 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
crumpart
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Fuzz
Submitting as: Hot Pink Halo
Pronouns: She/her

Post by crumpart »

Here’s my video from the live fight. I did a non-live re-record of my song for this part of the fight, so you can compare and contrast!

Devil’s got me Lindt! Devil’s got me Lindt!
furrypedro
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, programming
Recording Method: Cubase, Reason
Submitting as: Balance Lost

Post by furrypedro »

My votes this week are for:
Swampy Nethers (for having the best song)
Lichen Throat (for sounding the most like Joy Division)
Vom Vorton (pure nepotism)
Duncan Martin (because although i didn't like the song, any reference to the man Statham gets a vote from me)
vowlvom
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, keys, "other"
Recording Method: PC, reaper, ableton
Submitting as: Vowl Sounds, Vom Vorton

Post by vowlvom »

Thanks Dad.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff

Post by ken »

Did Mandibles not submit an Mp3? I thought their song was one of the best of the live fight.
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

I did not see one from them come in, nope.
Cybronica
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Vocals, Bass
Recording Method: sm7b, Scarlett 8i6, Logic Pro
Submitting as: Mandibles, Cybronica
Pronouns: she/they

Post by Cybronica »

Ok, I totally spaced and didn't remember I had to send a separate mp3 for the actual fight... I just sent a file, its the exact same as the live fight - any chance you could add us in?

Thank you Ken for pointing this out!!
“It's like opera for toddlers or something.” -furrypedro
Duncan
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Sax, Clarinet, Harmonica, Voice
Recording Method: Reaper
Submitting as: Duncan Martin

Post by Duncan »

furrypedro wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:27 am
My votes this week are for:
Swampy Nethers (for having the best song)
Lichen Throat (for sounding the most like Joy Division)
Vom Vorton (pure nepotism)
Duncan Martin (because although i didn't like the song, any reference to the man Statham gets a vote from me)
Thanks?
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

Cybronica wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:38 pm
Ok, I totally spaced and didn't remember I had to send a separate mp3 for the actual fight... I just sent a file, its the exact same as the live fight - any chance you could add us in?

Mandibles has been added to the fight.
Cybronica
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Vocals, Bass
Recording Method: sm7b, Scarlett 8i6, Logic Pro
Submitting as: Mandibles, Cybronica

Post by Cybronica »

Lunkhead wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:04 am
Cybronica wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:38 pm

Mandibles has been added to the fight.
Thank you!
“It's like opera for toddlers or something.” -furrypedro
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

Day off, finally, chipping away at the songs. Chips and dips. I've heard and/or seen them all already, but here's some quick comments. Coffee and a puff to start. Beer free! Gimme a holler if you need me.

Add - Love the bass driving, the hanging melody. But it's the restraint, the patient holding back, that creates nice pleasant tension. Warmth and a certain longing. Related to the kiss scene from A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night. Love it.

Berkeley Social Scene - Sunny Aldo to start. This is fine, I like it enough, but I dare say it's a bit standard form for you guys, not a knockout. Song leading into the next one at the concert with super guest vocalist. Crispy tight enough.

Boffo Yux Dudes - Upbeat and sunny van music. A nice and even energy with pleasant family vocals. Backing vocals came out nice, smooth but not blankety. A dash of TV theme in there, small small ingredient, a barely detectable essence.

Duncan Martin - This is very good fun. Ahoy. Eric Burden would clobber this, but all the vocals, loose or otherwise, work just fine. I could stand another verse, belted an octave higher after the haw haws. Great vibe, if incomplete.

Future Boy - Wonderful melody, good lyrics over the tasteful and adult progression. Heh, real music. It's strong enough to stand on its own, would also support vocal/band elements if somehow ever needed. Sounds great, too.

gizo
- Gets better as it goes, the opening vocal lines almost don't work, but everything settles in. The pad work is very tasty and I like the cousin of cowboy guitar progression, the way out of the bridge is sweet. I like how it ends there, I think not going further in this case was the right idea well executed.

Hot Pink Halo - Moody and dreamy at the same time, avoids mopey. It's rough, and better when you loosen up your vocals like in the bridge. The arrangement is good, the whole thing just needs to have its bolts tightened a bit.

Jeff DeSantis - Slow dance or swaying with the lighters lit. The vocals keep a looseness to it that keeps it from being too glossy or processed. Guitars sound great, drums well done. Glad there's no epic guitar solo though you can hear it if you squint your ears.

Lichen Throat
- I really like the driving darkness here and the Marr-ish accents. I think the goalie idea is unique and a good perspective, but I don't like it paired with this. I don't have a better suggestion except maybe fewer words and a bit more cryptic. Still, good drive.

Mandibles - There's a 70s thing going on here a bit. Richard and Linda Thompson or something, at times. Nice progression and transitions. The voices work well together almost a pause before she sings. The vocal and instrumental support is nice and the song moves in a pleasant and ribbony way.

Max Bombast - Nice and live sounding, I dig the leapy melody and the inverted chords that you well. Easy chorus is hooky and uses the title directly and well. Rocks and would bulldoze behind a wall of crunch and pow. strong sketch in the pad.

miscellaneous owl - Easy to get lost in here. Soothing and a gentle sway, time alters for the duration. I want to say it's too long, but is it? Could have a couple of near scuffs gently rubbed out. Love the harmonies as well as the main voice. And the guitar and rhythm box. Smart but not smarmy.

My Social Uniform
- Super well arranged, layered and crafted. Right when I think the lead vocal starts to feel lonely, something easy lifts it back up. Club music to dance to if you feel the need. Clear and easy to hear, just a bit moody.

Night Sky - The argyle vest is fun, the saxes almost wear leather. What if the Cramps had done this? Could be shorter or snappier, it loses a bit of focusability in the middle. Love the harp. Good all-star jam one for live action.

Paco del Stinko - Quick and sloppy, even by my standards. Was hoping for live feel from the few tracks, few takes. Was going to do a JB and Spud intro bit, but pee-yew it stank. Les Paul into fuzz and amp.

Phlebia - I love this. I don't want to listen too much to it as it feels like a psychotic break. But wow, yeah, heady mind bend and that slushy grey rhythm. I feel like I'm constantly tipping over. I also hear diffuser. Now that I know. Legendary.

Pigfarmer Jr - Near anthem at times, southern rock and Stones airs. Patient and earnest, easy going melody and honest delivery over a very nice and quietly complex arrangement. Love where it goes and the ending is just right.

See-Man-Ski
- The chorus going round and round is a bit addictive, builds good energy into the verses. It's a good enough song to carry itself and would work great with a band treatment as well. Good singing, honest, love the progression and dynamics. Balanced.

Sly Eli - I can breathe indeed. Floating. The melodies are great, comforting, not wanting them to end over the bittersweet and wonderful chords/rhythm. Almost druggy, in that the feelings it brings, you don't want them to stop. Instantly hooking. Love it.

Sockpuppet - This is almost like classic rock. I love the change to major key at the end of the chorus. Great piano touches to add just enough to the verse sections, keepin' it lively. Great bridge, good dynamics. This'll be our SF! Live song. Rocks with just a bit of Baroqueness.

Sumner Sloane - Great traditional pop done well, I like the lead vocalist, good fit for this tune. Lead section could be more dynamic, and I'd love to hear a background vocal or something...something. A little air, I guess. Pleasant and very likable.

Swampy Nethers - Saturday morning goodness, where are my Toughskins? Stays just as long as it needs to, and I will take this every day over a real racoon, thank you. Peter Tork on keyboards would be not unwelcome, but not necessary. Sunny bright fun.

Sweeney Toad and the Synthlads
- Nice and chewy tones, vocal sits just right in it. There's a mocking vibe that I like, a bit in your face yet still not threatening. Simple, almost toss-away progression fits the suit and nobody stays longer than they need to.

Vom Vorton - Good rockin' power pop. The melody doesn't stray far from itself, but the changing dynamics and near bashy bits keep it relevant. The only thing missing from the arrangement is some Keith Moon drum fills in those tasty Em-G sections. Wow!
Bringin' the stink since 2006.
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drums, Guitars, Keys
Recording Method: Focusrite + FL Studio
Submitting as: Phl*b*
Pronouns: bruh
Location: Not super far from Atlanta but definitely not Atlanta

Post by sleepysilverdoor »

Paco Del Stinko wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:21 pm
Phlebia - I love this. I don't want to listen too much to it as it feels like a psychotic break. But wow, yeah, heady mind bend and that slushy grey rhythm. I feel like I'm constantly tipping over. I also hear diffuser. Now that I know. Legendary.
If you're wondering what's going on with the general "off" sound, there are two guitar tracks and they're each tuned 50c apart from each other. The keyboard is set entirely to quarter tones. And on the bass I tuned every other string 50c sharp. I was trying to sing 750c sub-minor sixths in the chorus but not sure I pulled it off -- the chords in the chorus are neutral 7ths in drop A. Not minor or major, exactly halfway between. Which is why it sounds so completely weird. I wasn't expecting to WIN the live fight but I'm usually content with memorable! Glad you liked it. :)
"There's a lot to be said about a full-on frontal assault on the ear drums" - Pigfarmer Jr.
BoffoYux
Panama
Instruments: Keys, Clunking, SFX and Strings
Recording Method: Audacity, Adobe, and other 'A' titled software
Submitting as: Boffo Yux Dudes

Post by BoffoYux »

Tonight's LP might be a little delayed - once again a work meeting running until late, so I'll try and get started by 10 or 11 EST. I'll update in the Chat.

https://youtu.be/yKPIn7z2tOI
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet

Post by fluffy »

I have my voice lessons from 6:30-7:30 PDT (9:30-10:30 EDT) so a late start suits me fine. :)
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet

Post by fluffy »

I hope to actually get around to posting reviews but holy heck this fight is dauntingly large and my wrists are not a fan of this. But I do really want to. Y'all deserve to know the songs are being listened to.
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drums, Guitars, Keys
Recording Method: Focusrite + FL Studio
Submitting as: Phl*b*
Pronouns: bruh
Location: Not super far from Atlanta but definitely not Atlanta

Post by sleepysilverdoor »

I told myself I was going to do this in one marathon session and then I got to Night Sky and my brain is shutting down so here's tonight's batch of reviews. Dang this is a ton of songs.

Add - I don’t actively dislike it, though I can’t say I find it particularly interesting. Most of that is the chord progression to be honest and the kind of flabby sounding synth bass. It starts to get a little more interesting to my ears once the guitar arpeggios come in. I’m very much a “musically adventurous” fellow in terms of what grabs my ears, and I guess I like how it reveals itself as being in mixolydian near the end. There’s a U2’ey vibe to this that becomes more apparent by the end of the song that’s kind of cool.

Berkeley Social Scene - Panning! This sounds a lot like at least one other song that you’ve
written but I can’t place it. It’s the melody, you’ve used it some time in the past year but I can’t remember which song. There’s a slight distortion on the vocals that works well to my ears from a production standpoint. I wish this grabbed me more. It’s pretty alright.

Boffo Yux Dudes - Turn up the bass, there isn’t nearly enough bass! What’s that kind of clicky percussion, is that spoons? I like that sound. The line about “your news doesn’t tell you the same thing” or whatever was nice, cause it’s pretty accurate and that’s driven me insane over the past year. I like to start my day by going from the CNN website to the Fox News website. Man. It’s...uh...yeah, you nailed it. No wonder everyone just argued. Pleasantly I can’t say that any loved ones of mine have died lately. Though I do miss neighbor Dave and her loud motorcycles. And coworker Christine with her stories about cats. Anyway, enough about dead people. Ending kind of abrupt.

Duncan Martin - This would be a lot funnier if I watched a lot more TV. I honestly don’t know who Jason Statham is other than a name that I’m familiar with. I know this is clever and funny but I can’t understand it because...I don’t remember who Jason Statham is other than obviously an actor who’s been in some things. I like the synth noises at the end. Is that like cheap keyboard gunshots? Short and sweet. I don’t hate it.

Future Boy - I didn’t look at the artist tag but nobody else is as good of a pianist as you and your voice is very recognizable. You also look just like my friend Loren, and that’s endearing because he’s the best guy ever. Also helped me out with some SF entries like 15 years ago. Anyway, this is well done and is probably the most solid entry that’s come along so far. I don’t quite get the bit about CQ. The naked/nude juxtaposition is a fine lyric. Those ending chords are nice. This was really good and poignant.

Gizo - Another artist that I didn’t have to look up because your sound is that recognizable. I also just really like major seventh chords -- they’re glorious. The slow introduction of that droning hammond is delicious. So are those strings. So is this glass of pinot noir I just finished. There’s a sweet sentimentality to this that I really am enjoying. Then again I almost always like Gizo songs, they kind of hit the same spot for me that Low usually does. You nail a kind of slow melancholy but somehow uplifting vibe on a regular basis and it works for me.

Hot Pink Halo - You Melbournians and your 6/8.I know you’re in Ireland now but this flows so well after Gizo’s and you guys are BFFs and your songs flow into each other super well so that’s great. I can’t not picture the video you made for this while I listen to it. The keys in this are pretty great. You mention that your name means Lion Dog Lian and then you mention “the Lion from Oz” and I know it’s the movie but you’re also a Lion from Oz and so even though I know it’s a play on words the cleverness of that pleases me, even though I’d be oblivious to that if you weren’t an internet pal. Anyway, a fine HPH offering.

Jeff Desantis - Something about this sounds like the sort of music I’d hear at a cookout I got invited to at my friend’s church or something, except this isn’t really religious music at all, it’s something about the chord progression and general melodic style, it just sounds like the sort of stuff I’d hear at a church cookout like in KY or something. But that’s okay cause that’s homey and I grew up around that stuff so even though this song is really not doing much for me from a compositional standpoint and nothing is grabbing my sleep-deprived brain as particularly exciting I like this decently enough anyway cause it just has a kind of cheerful sound that reminds me of situations that involve a lot of people I like. I feel like I’ve said absolutely nothing useful here. Or even coherent. I don’t really know how to critique songs like this. I don’t know if it’s super original. But it’s pleasant and I don’t hate it and I know it’s objectively well done.

Lichen Throat - I like the kind of fuzzy minor key nature of this. There was a part of me that wished you’d somehow turn your MuseScore songs into a live performance but I think you’ve said you have no idea how you’d do that and honestly I don’t know how you’d do it either other than just hitting play and sticking a video on your face while you do the vocal part. I wouldn’t say this was my favorite Lichen Throat song but I didn’t hate it and you keep getting gradually better over time so that’s great.

Mandlibles - My jaw popped really hard not that long ago. I feel like I should put some Icy Hot on my mandibles. “Don’t take at face value what the crickets sing” is wonderfully enigmatic, I have no idea what that meant but I do like the imagery of it. I vii vi is a good chord progression and I like it in the chorus. “The words you whisper in my ear have cooties” is also a great lyric if slightly awkwardly delivered. And you just used the word “shibboleth” in a song. The delay is interesting, it’s so...intermittent. The woman mandible needs some more treble in her EQ. Very few lyrics have grabbed me this fight, but this one is filled with memorable lines so that’s great. I kind of wish this was SLIGHTLY shorter. The final verse is decent, just feels a bit superfluous.

Max Bombast - I like your chord progression. This sounds very “one take live recording” and I’m kind of surprised I didn’t see it in the live fight. Yeah I’m really digging this chord progression. It’s totally 90s radio rock and I loved 90s radio rock. Maybe the reason why I think it sounds like 90s radio rock is that descending chorus melody that ends on the major 3rd cause that sort of thing used to be relentlessly popular. The chatter going in and out of the song has a charm to it that I like. I know it’s not the actual song but it’s just a nice aesthetic.

Miscellaneous Owl - More 6/8, combined with one of the loveliest voices on the site. I feel like I complement you a lot and not everyone is blessed with a super pleasant voice but you ARE so I feel compelled to point that out. There’s an interesting structure to this song, the chord progression kind of meanders around quit a bit. For some reason I can’t focus on a word that you’re saying, maybe it’s the fact your vox are kind of low in the mix. Or maybe I’m braindead. I know my ears like it, it’s just coming across as kind of “vague”. But at least it’s a highly pleasant vague. The lyrics about turning into a goat really grabbed ym attention, so the “hard to focus” went away. I like that percussion that appears later on. This has a twee-ness to it that my enjoyment of really depends on my mood but right now all this goat stuff is hitting the spot. When I was in high school our next door neighbor bought a goat. It chewed up my stepfather’s glasses when he left them on a fence post. On one hand he probably shouldn’t have put them there, but on the same time, I’m not really sure why my neighbors bought a goat.

My Social Uniform - There are so many entries in this fight that I’ve been able to recognize without actually looking at the artist name. But you have this like...mainstream pop thing you that you do that’s very recognizable. You’re ilke the songfight Weeknd. Synths in this are sexy. Especially that kind of atmospheric kind of “epic sounding” pad thing in the chorus. The pitch shifted “who you really are” is a near production trick, especially combined with the gently pulsing synth behind it. Those kind of “trancey” synths are making me happy. I don’t think I’ll remember this song really well after it ends. But it sounds really good. And I like the pitch shifting. The end is so abrupt.
"There's a lot to be said about a full-on frontal assault on the ear drums" - Pigfarmer Jr.
Duncan
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Sax, Clarinet, Harmonica, Voice
Recording Method: Reaper
Submitting as: Duncan Martin

Post by Duncan »

sleepysilverdoor wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:22 pm

Duncan Martin - This would be a lot funnier if I watched a lot more TV. I honestly don’t know who Jason Statham is other than a name that I’m familiar with. I know this is clever and funny but I can’t understand it because...I don’t remember who Jason Statham is other than obviously an actor who’s been in some things. I like the synth noises at the end. Is that like cheap keyboard gunshots? Short and sweet. I don’t hate it.
Bingo on the Casio gunshots. There's less than meets the eye here. It was all based off of watching The Wrath of Man and needing to write a song for the live fight. I re-filmed for the Songfight since I finally got some friends to play along. It should clear up some plot questions. Here it is: https://youtu.be/A1oFKUpSkjI
Pop Machine
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Vox, keys, cash register
Recording Method: PreSonus Studio, Audacity, TASCAM 24-channel A/D
Submitting as: Boffo Yux Dudes, Pop Machine
Pronouns: he/that asshole

Post by Pop Machine »

Thanks for the comments, folks. I think this is our first Song Fight proper, though we regularly get kicked around on Nur Ein! I tried to concentrate on a specific mode for the music this time for some practice, so I hope you enjoyed a serving of D Mixolydian (with a changeup in the bridge).
Paco Del Stinko wrote:
Boffo Yux Dudes - Upbeat and sunny van music. A nice and even energy with pleasant family vocals. Backing vocals came out nice, smooth but not blankety. A dash of TV theme in there, small small ingredient, a barely detectable essence.
Thanks, Paco, D! I love harmonies, but ours can get wonky, so I've been working hard to stabilize that.
sleepysilverdoor wrote:
Boffo Yux Dudes - Turn up the bass, there isn’t nearly enough bass!
I have this problem where the bass is wonky on ALL my monitoring sources, so my mixes either come out virtually bass-free or "Big Bottom"-via-Spinal-Tap bass overload. I'll work on that.
sleepysilverdoor wrote:
What’s that kind of clicky percussion, is that spoons?
Take empty root beer bottle and kitchen knife, add compression and delay to taste.
sleepysilverdoor wrote:
Ending kind of abrupt.
Kind of agree. I DID do a mix where everything except the percussion fades out, letting that carry on for a little bit, but that was nixed.
sleepysilverdoor wrote:
The line about “your news doesn’t tell you the same thing” or whatever was nice, cause it’s pretty accurate and that’s driven me insane over the past year. I like to start my day by going from the CNN website to the Fox News website. Man. It’s...uh...yeah, you nailed it.
Thank you. We live in interesting times, don't we?
gizo
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: i am mostly playing stringed ones, but I'll have a tilt at most
Recording Method: my method is to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. My wall is made of Logic on an old iMac
Submitting as: gizo : rackwagon (with Toshiro) : Late Heavy Bombardment : Stacking Theory

Post by gizo »

Thanks to everyone for another great fight, and special thanks to everyone who co-ordinated and participated in the live fight - I had a hoot!

I'm trying to get reviews written for everyone, but blah blah work family lockdown covid work blah gardening etc, so we'll see how we go. I do love you all though!

Paco Del Stinko wrote:
gizo - Gets better as it goes, the opening vocal lines almost don't work, but everything settles in. The pad work is very tasty and I like the cousin of cowboy guitar progression, the way out of the bridge is sweet. I like how it ends there, I think not going further in this case was the right idea well executed.
Thanks, that's some lovely feedback. When you say the vocals almost don't work at the start - do you mean the lyrics, or the delivery? I also gotta go look up Cousin Of Cowboy maybe... thank you.
Phlub-a-dub-dub wrote: Gizo - Another artist that I didn’t have to look up because your sound is that recognizable. I also just really like major seventh chords -- they’re glorious. The slow introduction of that droning hammond is delicious. So are those strings. So is this glass of pinot noir I just finished. There’s a sweet sentimentality to this that I really am enjoying. Then again I almost always like Gizo songs, they kind of hit the same spot for me that Low usually does. You nail a kind of slow melancholy but somehow uplifting vibe on a regular basis and it works for me.
Thanks Phlebubabbubab - I'm glad my Sad Beach Music works for some (it certainly wasn't the right mood for the live night, eh? Spud looked pissed about it). I'm gonna try to break from SBM for SpinTunes though because it does tend to drag me down sometimes. I am also loving the major 7's, and really digging Low's newest album, so we all win!
.sig