Bonjour Mon Ami, I Thought I Nearly Burned the Prefight Down

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Gazelles
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Gazelles »

Haha, actually twice there was a tie and I was lazy and didn't get to submit a vote and there would've been a winner in both if I had just listened to the fight earlier! Ah well.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Bonjour Mon Ami posted.

Very pleased with how it turned out - whether anyone else is remains to be seen.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Having only discovered yesterday that I can't read and that the deadline for this week was actually today (!) I took the opportunity to re-structure my Bonjour Mon Ami, and tweak the production a little. Sent in with what I hope read as a very apologetic, grovelling email asking for the final version to be considered instead of the one I sent Sunday night.

So hopefully you will be listening to the 2 mins 26 version of 'Bonjour, mon ami' not the 2 mins 35 version. Not the end of the world if it's the latter, but I much prefer the new mix.

Also interestingly, following my howling factual error in 'Half a stone' (see SF UK thread for full explanation/apology) I realised I make another factual error in this song too.

The first line refers to the 'Channel Boomerang' - which is a peculiarly british thing (i think) whereby we go on the ferry to France for the sole purpose of getting cheap booze and ciggies. However, the Boomerang ticket is cheaper because you don't actually get off the ferry, whereas my character does, and goes shopping in Calais. Deliberate mistake because boomerang is a cool word and I wanted to use it. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

songfight org wrote:L: Shaving in the Dark
P: Moon Shine
Due: Monday 10/25/04 9:59am pdt
Ooo, what does this mean? I wait with baited breath to see if this a permenant change back to two fights, or just a week-long thing ...

j$
Bell Green
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

I'm in

Post by Bell Green »

Well, I'm in I think. I hope I read the deadline correctly as well. I sent in my entry for Nearly Burned the House Down. It did say Tuesday 9.59 pdt, which is around 5pm UK time. But it's usually Monday and then on the homepage I saw the new titles which confused me a bit. Anyway, I hope I have made the deadline, otherwise I'll have to write another and wait till next week.

Feels good to be writing again after a 4 month break. I can still just about remember my fave compessor settings and patchbay routings etc. 'Bout time I got some new strings though.
so . . . when was the last time you backed up?
j$
Beat It

Re: I'm in

Post by j$ »

Bell Green wrote:Well, I'm in I think. I hope I read the deadline correctly as well.
Yay yay yay! Creepy avatar, BG! You missed a good live songfight. Maybe next time we can persuade you to bring some of your B'n'G stylings?

j$
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

i think the moonshine is gettin' to me... because i love that title... and moonshine is never a bad choice until you've had too much...

let next weeks games begin... woop woop i'm excited...

anyways hope y'all enjoy my 'i thought i loved you'... i only spent a few hours on it... but it's not too bad...
i just put so much effort in to a lot of dif. songs...
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle

<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorj ... htm">music page</a>
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

Don't blame it on the moonshine ... blame it on the boogie
Denyer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Dunlop KT-26
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Post by Denyer »

I have a chorus for moon shine thought up but I am too lazy to do anything else, so it won't happen.

Still I get to waste space saying what won't happen though.
joshw
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Egg Shaker
Recording Method: Focusrite > Reaper
Submitting as: Josh Woodward
Pronouns: he/him

Post by joshw »

Wow, titles posted a day early? That's something I could get used to! I'll probably do "Moon Shine".

My "Bonjour, Mon Ami(e)" is in. The Boxcar Jones collab didn't end up happening, though. :-(
Bell Green
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Bell Green »

j$ wrote: Yay yay yay! Creepy avatar, BG! You missed a good live songfight. Maybe next time we can persuade you to bring some of your B'n'G stylings?

j$
What's creepy about my avatar? Is it a bit like those dolls in horror films?

I heard about the Songfight live from Mr. Balham and from jb about a week before, but had a lunch date already which turned into a bit of a drinking session. Anyway, one thing I should point out is that I can't actually play any of those songs. I wonder if I've even played them all the way through. I'm not really a performer, it's all an illusion. I record my best or almost best takes and then patch it all together. Then mix, master and mp3, hey presto, a song. But can I play it live? Not on your nelly. :twisted:
so . . . when was the last time you backed up?
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

Bell Green wrote:What's creepy about my avatar? Is it a bit like those dolls in horror films?
Oh yeah. It's so saccarhine it's evil :)
But can I play it live? Not on your nelly. :twisted:
That never stopped me ... heh

j$