At least the sonofabitch left me breakfast (April Morning)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
a bebop a rebop
Push Comes to Shove

Post by a bebop a rebop »

Anchors - Like this a lot. I still love your voice. Not too much else to say, it just does what it does really well and I like it a lot.

brody - I had high hopes when I heard that first riff, but this song is just pretty boring and repetitive, especially vocally. Plus your vocals don't sit in the track properly.

Chuck the Bear - You sound nice and earnest, which saves those possibly-cheesy vocals, and the music is nice and groovy, and you change it up just enough here and there. I like that chill guitar solo quite a lot. And I honestly like the lines about tangoing and dancing on the balcony. Nice song.

Danny Geary - I hope I'm not wasting 2:36 of my life on this song. The tapping, as I'm sure you've been told, is retarded. There's nothing good to say here, except that guitar could be possibly be kinda cool in a different song.

Dawn Treader - Super-quiet. Nice little guitar riff, but the song itself is pretty much flat-lining it.

eclectic spoons - That music is absurdly phat. I would absolutely love to hear you (or maybe someone else) rapping over this. Is this stuff synthesized or sampled? The singing is pretty terrible, and the lyrics are retarded.

E Equals - This is kind of haunting, this one itty-bitty tiny-thin breathy voice coming out of my speakers. But I'm still waiting for the music to come in... in the middle you get really indistinct pitch-wise, which kinda adds to the creep-out factor.

Ken Woodard - I was seriously worried you were going to rhyme the la-la-las with "nice," so thanks for that. La-la-la-la-lice. This one is pretty creepy as well. I like the vocal line through most of it but I don't like the voice that's carrying it so much. Nice dark song though.

monkeytennis - I can't find much to not like about this song, except that the music is dangerously repetitive. But it's also two minutes long with solid lyrics, so I can't count off for that. Nice solid song, good singing and all.

Smalltown Mike - Took me a while before I figured this one out, pretty racy. You have a nice vocal hook here, and you still got lotsa attitude. And an 80s guitar solo.

Those Meddling Kids - I like this one a whole lot. Nice little guitar line. Your voice is a lot less annoying to me than it usually is, dunno why, maybe it's all the breathy stuff, I like it, and then when it breaks into the stronger voice it comes out and kicks me in the gut. The doubled vocals are probably unnecessary. I always love your (glitch-rock?) drum programming. Great ending.

Wreckdom - Really groovy song here. Don't like the singing so much, sounds like someone on Sesame Street. The loud breakdowns are great. Those goddammits work so well in a creepy old southern guy way. Nice song.

Voting for TMK, the Anchors were great too, and I liked Chuck, STM, Wreckdom, and monkeytennis.
Moose
A New Player

Post by Moose »

smalltown mike wrote:
Justin and I both really like the entire Motorcade of Generosity CD, and we were actually AIMING to have something with an early era Cake-ish feel on the verses. As we were writing it, I was afraid that the verses sounded too much like Comanche, but we both figured that the song was different enough to not be a problem. Heh. Apparently it sounds more like Comanche than we anticipated. Both of you noticed, too!

We still like how the song came out, mind you. It was a one day song with no further mixes. If we had it to do over, we probably would have re-considered the verse structure, and turned the vocals down a bit in the mix.

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
I agree, this is pretty sweet for a one day song. I'm a big Cake fan, so I really appreciate the Comanche-ness. Keep up the good work!
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

favorites: brody
good: anchors, chuck, monkey, tmk, smike, e=, wreckdom

not a lot of great, but a lot of good.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas