Ease up on the Reviews

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

The Weakest Suit wrote:
jeff robertson wrote:FAWMit - like the lead guitar. nice little folksy sound going on. the direct reference to Heath Ledger will make this seem pretty dated in a few years.
well, there's absolutely no chance i'll ever be performing this song live, since i don't ever play live, but the beauty of it is that none of the other lyrics are made to rhyme with Heath, so you could just substitute his name for the latest celebrity drug overdose, of which there will be no shortage.
What pisses me off is I referenced Heath Ledger a few weeks ago in my Purple Reign song So Blue - then he bastard went and died on me. Talk about gratitude...
Geoff WreckdoM
Mean Street
Instruments: Theremin
Recording Method: Pabst Blue Ribbon

Post by Geoff WreckdoM »

Well, maybe next you can write a song about Hugh Grant?

Rosie O'Donnell?

Also, a belated thanks to the songfight community for picking our song. I now officially give up trying to second guess the voting. Seriously, if there is one steadfast rule about turnout and voting it's that there is no steadfast rule.
Thanks for all the reviews too, sorry I haven't returned them in kind. I've listened and tried to write but I've always had a tough time with that.

Now I'm going to curl up on the couch and watch "A Knights Tale" over and over, drowning in my tears...
"perhaps the most offensive and disturbing image I've ever heard in a song" - Hans Gruber