Are We There Yet? (Three-Day Waiting Period Reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
bz£
Panama

ben reviews

Post by bz£ »

Reviews.
I'll be brief because it is not easy to type on this palm pilot. If I sound mean it is not because your song is bad; it is only because I hate you. So don't worry!

Also skipping a few that I don't have much to say about. This is because of a personal grudge and not that I just don't have anything useful to add.

Andre. I like the guitars and how they don't seem quite in sync, though I can understand why others might be bothered by them. Voice is less my thing.

Bob. This is awesome- the only killer is the drums: you've got to mix it up a little. That pattern is too simple to carry the whole song.

Chack. The serious tone of the vocals is a perfect fit and I will probably vote for this unless I forget to vote altogether.

P Denyer's next name. Backing loop is cool but voice is too loud and overloady on top.

Woodward. Good enough to win pretty easily, I suspect. It sounds a little bit forced, maybe, like this was a week where none of the titles were really your style. Not saying there's anything wrong with this song; just
that it probably should have a slightly different title. "Three days," I think. (also, thank you for the quick and very thoughtful response.)
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

mini reviews.

1: josh, explino
2: freddie, chack

vote: explino!
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Richard WreckdoM
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Richard WreckdoM »

Denyer wrote:
Richard WreckdoM wrote:Had I realized beforehand that I was voting for a racist, I wouldn't have for I think that this sort of behavior should be anything but encouraged.
You wouldn't be voting for a racist, you'd be voting for someone who thinks racism is funny.
Thinking that Racism is funny is sending the message to many people that it's a cool thing to do. In some ways, it's worse to think it's funny. It desensitizes people to the horrific truth(potential truth).
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Adam! »

Richard WreckdoM wrote:Drama
Meh. He could think Baby Eating is funny --Hell, he could be an active Baby Eater himself-- and I'd still vote for him if I thought he had the best song. I try my best to separate the person from their music.

EDIT: Plus, it's Denyer. He's not the Pope; he's just some random internet asshat. I'd be willing to bet money that nothing Denyer ever says in his entire life will have any effect whatsoever on current or future racial tension.
Last edited by Adam! on Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
blue
Ice Cream Man

Post by blue »

i voted for C Fuckin' Hack!
jute gyte
Mean Street

Post by jute gyte »

Richard WreckdoM wrote: Thinking that Racism is funny is sending the message to many people that it's a cool thing to do. In some ways, it's worse to think it's funny. It desensitizes people to the horrific truth(potential truth).
a. the art is not the artist. b. go to http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com .
"I believe the common character of the universe is not harmony, but hostility, chaos and murder." - Werner Herzog
jute gyte
c hack
Panama

Post by c hack »

blue wrote:i voted for C Fuckin' Hack!
woohoo! 2 votes == 2 things that have gone right for me this week.

edit: or 9 things, apparently.
<a href="http://www.c-hack.com">c-hack.com</a> | <a href="http://www.rootrecords.org">rootrecords.org</a>
Denyer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Dunlop KT-26
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Post by Denyer »

Richard WreckdoM wrote:
Denyer wrote:
Richard WreckdoM wrote:Had I realized beforehand that I was voting for a racist, I wouldn't have for I think that this sort of behavior should be anything but encouraged.
You wouldn't be voting for a racist, you'd be voting for someone who thinks racism is funny.
Thinking that Racism is funny is sending the message to many people that it's a cool thing to do. In some ways, it's worse to think it's funny. It desensitizes people to the horrific truth(potential truth).
Maybe if more people were doing this to desensitise people you wouldn't have a problem with it. And what was in that one song probably wasn't the truth.
Freddielove
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Freddielove »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

It's twofvckingfortyfive in the morning and I have been up finishing reviews for this becuase I have been out of town only to have them wiped away when the board asked me to log in again when I submitted the reply. If you keep your reply window open for a long time when reviewing take note of this. I guess I will re-type tomorrow.
Everything But the Girl but without the scary big chinned woman

- Furrypedro