Ready the polygraph! (Keep All Your Promises reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
mcmilkplusuk
A New Player
Instruments: Jack of all trades... master of none
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Milk Plus UK

Re: Ready the polygraph! (Keep All Your Promises reviews)

Post by mcmilkplusuk »

Indeed we do... I owe 90% of my repertoire to Songfight.

Thank You
LML
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Epiphone Electric Guitar, Ibanez Acoustic/Electric, Casio/Yamaha Electric piano, Yamaha DD-65 Drums
Recording Method: Garage Band, Blue Snowball, Griffin Line In Cable, hopes and dreams
Submitting as: LML

Post by LML »

The microphone isn't the issue, I actually forgot to take off all the effects before I sent you the mp3 of the vocals. It's a very nice blue compression microphone. Mind you I don't have a studio so vocals are gonna be sub par by nature. All in all I've learned never to come onto a forum when you're having PMS big time, don't try doing things outside your usual genre, and stay in school. Or was that crack is wack? We women get these things all confused. Back to the kitchen!
LML: As heard on Guantanamo Bay Radio.
jast
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, guitar
Recording Method: Cubase, Steinberg UR44
Submitting as: Jan Krueger
Pronouns: .

Post by jast »

Do you really find it that entertaining to put yourself down? You've been doing pretty much nothing else in the last 20-or-so posts of yours.
AJOwens
Panama
Instruments: bass, guitar, keyboards, drums, flute
Recording Method: Reaper, Reason Adapted, M-Audio 1010LT + 2496 (Windows XP)
Submitting as: James Owens, The Chebuctones
Pronouns: he/him

Post by AJOwens »

Manhatton Glottun wrote to LML:
Folks, here's my final LML-KAYP remix. It may be worse or better than my first mix. I need to move on - toward the end I was just fighting with LML's microphone on the verse. I don't know if an FX was run on the original vocal track or if the microphone is just of the unfortunate type in an unfortunate setting, but it was really hard to pitch correct and EQ without unwanted results. Despite this, the double-tracked chorus worked out really nicely! So everyone take note: double track your vocals, especially if you don't have the best set-up.
LML wrote:The microphone isn't the issue, I actually forgot to take off all the effects before I sent you the mp3 of the vocals. It's a very nice blue compression microphone. Mind you I don't have a studio so vocals are gonna be sub par by nature. All in all I've learned never to come onto a forum when you're having PMS big time, don't try doing things outside your usual genre, and stay in school. Or was that crack is wack? We women get these things all confused. Back to the kitchen!
Trying other genres may not be a good way to win songfights, but's a good way to learn. Stay in school! And yes, never comment in haste, especially if you're having a bad hormone moment (testosterone, in my case.)