Failure to ID body (beaten man reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
BBABM
Mean Street
Instruments: Guitar, Voice, drums
Recording Method: Session, fruity loops
Submitting as: Bad Boys at Bat Mitzvahs, Fitzroy

Failure to ID body (beaten man reviews)

Post by BBABM »

This is what google turned up...
Manhattan Glutton
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Angst
Recording Method: REAPER

Re: Failure to ID body (beaten man reviews)

Post by Manhattan Glutton »

So, I have a question. If I started writing a song for this title, but then I gave up because it was too late, and then changed the words and finished it, but the fight isn't posted yet... can... can I still submit it and win?
If I had a dollar for every one of my songs j$ has called a 90s pastiche, I'd have $1 for every song I've written.

Nur Ein Archives | The New Ugly Podcast
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

Manhattan Glutton wrote:So, I have a question. If I started writing a song for this title, but then I gave up because it was too late, and then changed the words and finished it, but the fight isn't posted yet... can... can I still submit it and win?
No.
glennny
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

Post by glennny »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMvPYhbKaX4

New Berkeley Social Scene for this new song.

We put the finishing touches on our FAWM album, then decided to rock this one, and jump back in the fight.

looking forward to all the entries!

glennny
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Manhattan Glutton wrote:So, I have a question. If I started writing a song for this title, but then I gave up because it was too late, and then changed the words and finished it, but the fight isn't posted yet... can... can I still submit it and win?
Yes
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Post by ujnhunter »

Perhaps.
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

ujnhunter wrote:
Perhaps.
Thank you
Manhattan Glutton
Ice Cream Man

You're welcome.
If I had a dollar for every one of my songs j$ has called a 90s pastiche, I'd have $1 for every song I've written.

BBABM
Mean Street

Post by BBABM »

wow, maybe the biggest ive been involved in. sweet. lets see what we get from a killer title!

BSS: i really like the wavering horn, it adds a nice something different to the mix. i like the lyrics, especially around 2mins, but i think it feels a little cluttered. you try and fill up the space too much (IMO) and you should add more breaks in the vocals. im not explaining what i mean very well, hopefully you get my point.

bgm: i like the song alot, however if i were to really get into this song the performance would needs to be heavier. it just sounds to me like your kind of just gingerly brushing your guitar pick across the strings... i want those chords to be cranked out. also the voice sounds like a beautiful whisper, nice, in key, but too quiet, and not enough umph. it also stops right where i think a solo should go. i guess all in all the song was awesome, but needs more umph.

Caravan Ray: having read your post about the story behind the song i can read into the lyrics, and they work very well. i really like the strings in the second verse. if it were me, i might cut the high pitched backup vocals, i think its strong enough without them, and they sound kinda funny. i find it interesting how in some of your songs i hear your accent (or lack of accent depending) and in others i don't. weird/cool.

DTS: i really like the beginning/main riff, and was wondering where you were going to go from there... not quite what i was looking for, but not bad at all. i think the beat, though sweet and minimalist, needs to bust out at some point. i cant really understand the vocals because of the effects. im sure if i read them i could pick them out. cool though, i love the gritty bass.

Ecks: that beat/mix thingy is ridiculous! i love it! A LOT! it reminds me of "poison" by bel biv devoe on E... however i cant under stand the words because they are either too effected, or too quiet to be comprehendable. i wish they were, because this would be a sure win.

EggNogAdam: hmm, the voice phaser (?) may be a little much, and i keep waiting for it to build into something. you have a really really great voice, but it is not backed up with a well arranged song... this time.

hate mail: i really like the music, and i really like the vocals... but i think the music is way too happy for such brutal vocals. i want to hear brutal guitars, and there is a spot around 2:20 that almost gets there. but man those vocals are awesome. i want to growl like that.

hoblit: i have not had the pleasure of hearing your music before, but honestly it is almost exactly what i expected purely based off your little avatar picture with you waving. i like the song, but im not sure i like the distortion you are using on the guitar. there is too much throat, and not enough buzz... if that makes sense.

J$: your voice is growing on me, but still not quite there yet. this is another song that i feel like im waiting for it to build into something, and it gets to a point just below where i want it to go, and then falls back down. all in all i like the off-beatedness of it, but noting really excited me about this.

Kelly: there are some really really good musical ideas here, especially early on in the song. however, your voice... yes your voice... it needs some help my friend. you are consistently the exact same amount of off key. it's like i can tell what you want it to sound like, and i dont know if you actually think it is on key, but you sing it PERFECTLY off key. turn the monitor up while recording. also, you are trying a little hard. good songs sound natural, not like you're trying to be deep, or make a point.

lala: first thing i noticed is the pops on your hard P's... take an old stalking and stretch it over a wire hanger and sing through that, it will help with those pops. for some reason the "ooh-ooh-ohh-oohhhhh"s sound a little off to me. correct me if im wrong, but is this song about a guy who is pussy whipped? (for lack of a better phrase, you may correct me there too)

M w/ BBABM: so i had started and mostly recorded my own song when 2 or three days before the due date i received a pm from bdog asking if i would sing on a song he wrote, along with an mp3 of the track... after listening once i know i had to do it. the next day i had the afternoon/evening off so i sat down to come up with something. unfortunately on further listen it sounds like the singing during the chorus is arranged like a 32nd note off, but its not too noticeable. i wish i had a more brutal voice, but for my first screaming song i dont think its half bad.

rabbit: i like when the drum beat starts, but its only in one ear, and then it stops. there it goes in both ears. its very 80's... maybe a little too 80's for me.

salt peter: perfect for a campfire sing along ... and it kinda sounds like youre saying "beetle man"

shamanizer: wow. if it was just the banjo and voice i think it would work in a weird way. all the other stuff just distracts, and annoys.

that guy: wow, i was unimpressed at first... but then the change came... and it was crazy cool. you have a crazy jello biafra voice going, which oddly works well with the piano. unexpectedly awesome.

tibor: i was excited to hear how your lyricks were going to be pulled off, and i must say, much much better than expected. this is really groovy too, i find myself tapping my feet along... very good sign. i think im going to have to pick this as my winner. well done. plus your accent adds a cuteness that contrasts well with the sadness of the song.

well i hope that was helpful to someone... awesome fight. votes go to tibor, that guy, m+bbabm, and ecks (cause that beat was re-donk-u-lous)
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

BBABM wrote: hoblit: i have not had the pleasure of hearing your music before, but honestly it is almost exactly what i expected purely based off your little avatar picture with you waving.
I've really got to change that gif.

EDIT: Also, if I re-record the song for an album I'll put more grip in the kick drum, take out the doubling of guitars and only leave one just a little right off center, and I will add more overdrive / fuzz to the bass. These are all things I wanted to improve from time I recorded it. The doubling of the guitars is a cheap way of enhancing or smoothing a quick production. I recorded that whole pile in the matter of 6 hours so I used some tricks to make it easier on the ears.
Last edited by Hoblit on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

BBABM wrote:... feel like im waiting for it to build into something, and it gets to a point just below where i want it to go, and then falls back down
You're gonna wait a long time, I'm afraid. What you describe sounds like the complete opposite of what I am attempting these days. Currently I am pretty much solely interested in shaping blocks of sound, adding subtle variations within the repetition, seeing if I can apply some of the dub and drone music I love so much to a "pop" setting. Builds are so 90s.

I appreciate that only a tiny audience may agree with me that it's an interesting experiment, but I've long since stopped caring to try and do anything other than for myself.

And I'm glad my voice is growing on you. How nice for you :)
Caravan Ray
bono
bono

Post by Caravan Ray »

Had one quick listen

Ranked them in order from that - favourite to least favourite. Will get back later with explanations and possible adjsutments

BGM
Tibor
J$
Metaluna BBABM
Hoblit
Hate Mail
Ecks Acksis
DTS
BSS
Eggnogadam
Salt Peter
That Guy
Rabbit
Lalabrookie
Kelly Brandon
Sharmanizer

BTW - I downloaded these to my iPod - and had a bit of trouble matching up who was who. A lot of artist names didn't match the entrants names. My life is confusing enough already
BBABM
Mean Street

Post by BBABM »

j$ wrote: Currently I am pretty much solely interested in shaping blocks of sound, adding subtle variations within the repetition, seeing if I can apply some of the dub and drone music I love so much to a "pop" setting. Builds are so 90s.
I can get down with that. and as for blocks of sound/drone music... you succeed sir.
FOLK YOU
A New Player
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard, & harmonica
Recording Method: iPhone gigbaby app,& reaper for mixing
Submitting as: FOLK YOU

Post by FOLK YOU »

Lots of good songs. Congrats!
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

Berkeley Social Scene: I really like the opening and then the opening groove. The guitar has just the right amount of distortion. I don't think the vocals are bad but I'm not sure they match the energy of the guitar and other nuances of the song. Overall this is one of the better entries and I can appreciate it. I am having a hard time making out the lyrics at times. But it is worth another listen at higher volumes too. The guitar work towards the end is nice and ringy before it touches base with the original groove again. All and all it's a well written song that takes the listener on a small an organized journey. Good work.

BGM: This song as far as 'sound' goes, it could be on the same album as the Berkeley Social Scene's entry. Just about everyting above is relevant to this entry as well. I like that it's short and sweet rather than the possibility that it would go on too far when it doesn't need to. The lyric 'short tension span' is cute and appropriate for the song. It's very energetic and while again the vocals seem less so, this one works better together because the guitar isn't being as aggressive as the BSS entry. Another good tune this week. Perhaps the best? It's my favorite anyway. This one gets my vote!

Caravan Ray: This is a very quiet recording and could use a boost. But that is the only thing wrong with the production and it's not that distrcting. The acoustic guitar is very nice. I love that light pick sound bringing out the pick on string noise. The solos give it an almost ethnic sound but not to a degree that it makes it feel like a 'wanna be' or something. I'm not crazy about the 'strings' added, but I'm particular that way. This has a dramatic folk sound and it's a fine entry in a pretty good fight overall. Good work.

Die Toten Schlaghosen: I have to disclaim myself here a little bit. This is definitely not my thing. With that said it still sounds well executed. It seems to be kept interesting which is what some of this music threatens to do to me. I'm used to songs like this going on for much longer so it also nice to see that it's roped in thoughtfully and not a full on 8 minute dance club song. It has a dark sound but it sounds submissive, and dirty. Which I can get into. This song is not bad, I'm just not crazy about this kind of thing. The vocal effect is nice but a bit much at times.

Ecks Acksis: Another one that is 'not up my alley'. The bass seems to be over powering. While I understand the style and that it supposed to be somewhat repetitive, it's a little too much for my taste. I cannot understand the distorted vocals which is a known problem with that style. The sequencing of this song is a bit robotic and stiff. I think it suffers from a little lack of flow. As far as art, it's good in it's own way and deserves more accomodating ears than mine.

EggNogAdam: This is really pretty. The chorus or flange on the vocals is a nice touch. This is a quality entry even if I'm not fully in on some of the 'new age keyboardy' stuff. However, this is a really well put piece. I like most of the lyrics and I love the production over all. I could have used more than 1:55 of this song. Not that it takes away, in fact it leaves you wanting more. Spacy, thoughtful and definitely quality. Good work.

Hate Mail: I like some metal. But this suffers from some of the reasons I don't like some metal. I have a hard time understanding the lyrics. I do like the stops and the starts. It's a well put together piece. I like the time changes, or the percieved time changes. (half time?) The drums have a very sequenced sound. I know it's tough to get this time of thing to sound good with drum machines, and I have to say that this almost sounds like real drums at times. Maybe it's a loop, I'm not sure. But some of the double kick drum parts distract me a little and take away. Not bad though, not bad at all. I will say that it is a quality entry for this fight.

Hoblit: I recorded this whole thing in 6 hours. I wish I would have hit the snare harder. In the future if I rerecord it, I'll take out one of the guitars to give it a more punk edge instead of the tongue and cheek rock almost metal sound. I'd also like to add more overdrive to the bass. (and correct some mistakes too.) Some of the vocals suffer from the lack of practice too but thats how it goes @ Songfight! Thanks to everybody for the listen.

Johnny Cashpoint: I like this. It too is a little 'new agey' but I like the rhythmic waves of guitar. I also like the loose vocal styles, both in lead and backing. Overall this is very pretty and one of my favorites of the week. It's like Joe Strummer turning a new leaf or something. It's like riding a chaotic but gentle cloud for 3 minutes. The lyrics are a little strange but they are just another part of the organized chaos. Good work.

Kelly Brandon: This one sounds like it could use a llittle more time to get it right. I hear really good ideas in there but the execution suffers just a little. Keep it up though, the more you practice, the better it will come together.

Brook Tournoux / lalabrookie: This is another quality entry that is bringing up the overall quality of the title this week. You can clearly sing very well, both lead and backing. The rhythms are constant no matter what instrument is in there at any given time. The repetition helps sell the song long after it has been heard. Very folky and well put together. Very good work. I wish it was a little more country and the production could use a little polishing, but these are inconsequential things that do not detract from the over all song.

Metaluna w/ BBABM: This is a good overall song. Great vocals, awesome guitar groove and a nice drum track. Dramatic delivery with both sweet and angry vocals. Nice contrast. Reminds me of Tool mixed with Deftones. I'm not sure about all of the lyrics as in I don't know if I'm hearing all of them. A great production here. Mixed well and the level of the song is perfect. Excellent entry.

Bob Lazo / Rabbit: I like the dramatic and cutting vocals. I'm not crazy about the keyboards but I can still see how they work well for the song. The drum track can be distracting at times but I think they too work well for the song as a dynamic. This song could be on a good album to listen to late at night. A very good entry this week. I especially like the vocal delivery and just the sound of them work really well against the rest of the song. Very good work here.

Salt Peter: Production suffers a bit here. I had to turn it up and still didn't hear everything very clearly. The guitar frequencies are hard to hear. I don't think the vocals are all that bad but it sounds like this could have been practiced a little longer. I know, we only get a small amount of time and mine suffered for it too so I can relate. I think you have a good song here but it's hard to hear what you were trying to do. I think it's mostly the production value. The vocals seem to cut in right, and I even like the style, but it's hard to size them up over the music. Generally, I think you did a good job with what you had in the time you had it.

John Diehl / Shamanizer: This sounds like something that would come on behind Tom Waits. I kind of like that. It's a little disorganized but I have to think you did that on purpose. It has a dark or gothic americanna going on. It's almost scary like I've gone too far into the woods. I'm partial to music that can create imagery though, and my last sentence describes just that. I can't understand the lyrics very well though. I'd like to say more but I want to emphasize the atmosphere you've created and my like for it. I'm not sure it's a song I can play for all of my friends, but it's a gem I could listen to in the privacy of one of my own m3us. Decent entry.

Barton Lewis: I'm not crazy about this entry. I think there are some good things about it though. I think the vocals are nice and the lyrics are ok. The vocals vibrato can seem like a little much at times. Not forced exactly but its' a lot at certain parts of the song. The guitar comes together and tightens up. In fact, the whole song does this really. The style is interesting. It just doesn't grab me. That's probably my fault though. You did a good job and entered a decent track.

Tibor: This reminds me of the EggNogAdam song a lot. Overall it's good but I'm not crazy about the keyboard or strings part. Decent performance and great production. I like the answer back, backing vocals. (anybody, anybody) and the backing vocal note choices are pretty nice. It's a little airy, I almost want to hear more bass tones in there, or soemthing else to fill up the song just a LITTLE more, but not TOO MUCH more. You make 3:40 seem short so that reveals to me that the song is quality even if I'm not crazy about all of the aspects of it indivdually. Good work.
Last edited by Hoblit on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BBABM
Mean Street

Post by BBABM »

Hoblit wrote: Metaluna: Reminds me of Tool mixed with Deftones.
thats funny that you say that, because i thought so my self... the screaming i was going for "haste the day"... you should look up the song "passenger" it is maynard from tool singing with the deftones... you will then know that i pretty much ripped them off.
Manhattan Glutton
Ice Cream Man

I'm sorry to the reviews toward the end. I... uh... guess I'm in a bad mood. You're all bigger winners than I am, because I didn't do my song in time.

bss - Not the usual mess of noodling - I approve. The vox could use some more takes and the mix is a little flat. The riff is the winner in this song.

BGm - Yay I like your voice on this one, but be careful you're getting dangerously close to sounding like Todd McHatton. Your stop reminds me of CAKE, but the music does not. Good work. Cut a little bit of silence off the end so it loops better.

Caravan Ray - This is pretty good. Reminds me of a drinking song or something off Ween's Mollusk album. I'd like to have more some harmonies earlier in the song, or some layering at the chorus, but it builds up nicely. Vocal performance is a solid B.

die toten - This is actually pretty good for what you were going for. If it were a little less 80s quirk-inspired I would dig it a lot more. Also it feels a little slow-ish unfilling-ish at points. I think you blended in the guitar with the synth very tastefully.

ecks - The music is pretty good if it isn't canned. I'm not into the vocals.

eggnog - I like it, and your vocals are nice. The styling feels a little too cheesed up, though. The song could use more build-up.

hate mail - Yay guitars. Good work on them. I feel a 90s punk song coming on. Why are you growling over a poppy punk song? I laughed.

hoblit - The first thing I noticed is this is really heavy in the mid-highs and feels lacking in the lows, some clipping later in the song. Other than that, solid execution, but the chord structure and repetition doesn't do a whole lot for me.

johnny cash point - I like your attitude toward music - do it for yourself. And if yourself isn't on beat, so fucking what? There is a good song in here, somewhere under the mess of drums and wonky mixing.

kelly - Welcome to the show! I won't be too mean, but ah some of these vocals are laughably off key.

lala - I think the production and takes of your last song was better. Your voice kind of sounds funny here - are you pitch correcting it? The harmonies are nice, and I'm a sucker for harmonies. Look, I said guitar drumming was legit but it sounds a little tacky here. And what just happened at 2:40?

metaluna - You have the nicest guitar tone this fight, of course. Everything feels a little underwater-y and missing dynamics, though. The vocal melody doesn't work and it just gets fucking weird at 1:15, like, what are you doing trying to scream like that? It sounds like you have tourette's juxtaposed with the voice that sounds like Ren and Stimpy. I don't even

Bob Lazo (rabbit) - Your voice is too nice. The instrumentation is pleasant and I love what you do with the drums. Welcome change up at 1:35, kind of boringish though. The lyrics seems cheesy, but I'll give you a pass for the cool slide guitar. Ends abruptly.

salt peter - Quaint G&G, reminds me of brown eyed girl. Doesn't go anywhere with the chords.

shamanizer - You have my attention at 0:10, but then the song kicks in and it turns to crap. It's kind of neat because it has all these cool noises and could be good... but everything is played so loosely and off key. I think you might be purposefully doing that though. I kind of want to accuse you of being Hate Noise.

that guy - If you ever sigh at the beginning of a song again, I will find you and rip your throat out. Naw, just kidding. You're obviously hamming it up.

tibor - Nice intro, let's see how you can ruin this. Congratulations, you made it to 1:00 without ruining anything. 2:00. 3:00. I'm giving you a pass on the flat notes. Alright, this is a good song, a little repetitive, but I think you did a genuinely great job. It sounds like you have some artifacts in the song, either with the drums or the compression or something. Upon further inspection, the drums could use some change-ups.

Vote choices... till I change my mind
1. BGM. Mostly for the great production value. You slick, slick, catchy bastard.
2. Tibor. This was different, but it's really good.
3. BSS. Coherent rock song.
4. Caravan Ray. 3/4 songs always fucking get me.
5. Bob lazo. I'll give you it... for the drums.

Saltpeter
A New Player
Instruments: Guitar,vocals, bass
Recording Method: Tuck and Roll
Submitting as: Saltpeter

Post by Saltpeter »

I liked everyone’s stuff…I am new to song fight and this is my first time putting my stuff out to people. I really like all the feed back.
BBABM.. I know what you mean about the beetle man thing. I am saying” beat up man”...
Hoblit, Production is the hard part of it for me at this time…I did it on an iphone record app...

Again thank you for the feed back…Look forward to doing this more now

Great job everyone!
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

Saltpeter wrote: Hoblit, Production is the hard part of it for me at this time…I did it on an iphone record app...

Great job everyone!
"Generally, I think you did a good job with what you had in the time you had it." - Hoblit

Yeah, I somehow figured you were using something other than a full studio set up. Frankie Big Face (Popular songfighter in the past) was recently visiting me in Tampa and had mentioned he had Garage Band on his IPhone and was curious to how well the recording application would work.

I have no idea and can't even pretend I could help you with it, but I'd say something that can help give it gain or generally balance the sound would help. I'm thinking something like setting it up next to a speaker that you're performing through instead of just doing it live. Or if there is a way to send USB feed into it from another source, such as a mixing device on another computer direct.

Like I said before, I didn't hear BAD music, I just didn't hear much music at all. : )

Looking forward to hearing more from you down the road.
Tibor
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Voice, Guitar, Keyboard
Recording Method: Garage band
Submitting as: Tibor

Post by Tibor »

Please forgive me if I am harsh. Please try to accept my opinions as unprofessional constructive critics that maybe could help to make your songs even better. I may not be right. so feel free to contradict me. Thank you for sharing your music.

bgm:
I like the voice from the first word to the last, like the guitar, everything. Great backing vocal. Great lyrics. Just one thing seemed odd to me: the music sounds so happy but the lyrics are not that happy...

Die Toten Shlaghosen:
This was like a robotized beaten man to me. However it has a nice promising melody line. But I felt that it was to much repetition after a while. I also felt like things happening only on one plane, like you were afraid to combine different notes on different instruments at the same time. The good thing in all that it seems so straight and calculated just like a robot. I could not understand the lyrics well. Maybe you could post them, or just include them in your mp3...

Caravan Ray:
This is nice. And the singing is very nice, and not easy to sing... Nice guitars. The strings entering just where they should. This is a very nice song, did I mention that?
I found it a little bit short. But still think it's a good song.

Ecks Acksis:
This is a dance floor "hey DJ lets have party" music to me. And one done very nice. It would be nice to have some lyrics. It is not my favorite type of music, but got me with the rhythm. Hope it is not some sample music taken from somewhere over repeated... I wanted to go party.

EggNogAdam:
You have a nice voice, almost Lenny Kravitz like. The whole arrangement sounds very interesting with all those echoes. Because of the echoes the music feels very clean. And a beaten man is never clean (it is tired, or worse a looser, it's hurt and probably cannot sound this good)... This is a very high contrast. In my opinion we can have to points of view when talking about a song. The singer is singing about another person(or something), or the singer is singing about himself. In your case it would fit better if singing about another person (the beaten man) - so no coughs needed at the end. It would have been more convincing. Please upload your lyrics - big loss if not sharing them. Nice song.

Hate Mail:
OMG. I want some lyrics. I do not understand almost anything. This is an angry beaten man. Closing my eyes I imagined myself we are facing the beaten man before his next battle :) Nice guitars and beat. The drummer... hmm I think he just did quite a job...

J$:
Liked the lyrics. The wholes song has a very interesting and unique aura (it's how i feel about it). Even thou the rhythm gets lost for a while in there I would say YES. I had the feeling like it was on purpose.

Hoblit:
Your beaten man is a very strong and energetic one. I missed a good chorus on your song. I would expect more from this song. An explosion. The good chorus shouldn't be just part of lyrics that is repeating. Should be musically the best part of the song. The BIG highlight. But don't get me wrong despite that I still liked the song.

Kelly Brandon:
Oh. Please upload some lyrics, to the lyrics archive. Too bad the recording part suffered a few key off glitches. I see potential in there.

lalabrookie:
A first your voice sound funny, and than got used to it. How are you recording? Everything at once? Nice backing vocals. I found the song a bit over repetitive. Could you please upload lyrics in lyrics archive?

metaluna & BBABM:
Very promising start. That yell chorus thing did not got to me, to much control on it - very artificial - the singed response so weird... I liked the guitar very much. You should do something with that silly chorus and it's a hit.

Rabbit:
Hmmm... very clean start. And still very interesting. Very good voice. Very nice drums. I missed a good chorus. The explosion is missing man!!!! Oh boy what a waste. Please do not leave it like that. Add a few rows of chorus with a good melody and a raising voice, so the whole thing explodes! I liked it a lot!

Shamanizer:
I just felt total arrhythmia. Like every instrument had it's own will, and were fighting against your voice... The sounds were so exotic and nice, but the total disorder blew all away. How did you record this? Please upload your lyrics.

Salt Peter:
That guitar could have been a little bit more interesting. You have a nice voice, do not be afraid to use it. Should have tried to find a different melody for your chorus. You are repeating the same melody over and over with different lyrics and the same chords. I suggest try to shake up things a little here and there by changing the melody, or the cords in the chorus for example.

That Guy:
You heart beaten little man :) What happened to your voice? Do not make that goat-ish sounds please. Your voice is better than that. You wanted this to sound so much suffering, and you hopped over the horse... It almost sounds ridiculous at some point. I loved the instruments. So nicely worked. Lyrics... please upload..
Very unique to me.

Berkeley:
Starts promising, but I kind of find strange the voices. Makes me feel like you are afraid to sing and let out your sound. I liked the drum entering. Liked how the song gets a little rough. But your voice.... so unsure, with no self confidence :(

My preference list:
1. Caravan Ray
2. bgm
3. EggNogAdam
4. Rabbit
5. Metaluna
6. J$
7. Hoblit
glennny
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

Post by glennny »

But your voice.... so unsure, with no self confidence :(
That's because I'm a beaten man.
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers
BBABM
Mean Street

Post by BBABM »

Hoblit wrote: I'm thinking something like setting it up next to a speaker that you're performing through instead of just doing it live. Or if there is a way to send USB feed into it from another source, such as a mixing device on another computer direct.
IRig