Unpack your reviews (suitcase)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott
Pronouns: he/him

Unpack your reviews (suitcase)

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Don't mind the wrinkles....
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
chocolatechips
Push Comes to Shove
Submitting as: The Chocolate Chips

Re: Unpack your reviews (suitcase)

Post by chocolatechips »

spent a good 30 seconds in paintbrush making this masterpiece. is this how you do it?
Attachments
suitcase-art.jpg
suitcase-art.jpg (40.24 KiB) Viewed 8999 times
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

chocolatechips wrote:is this how you do it?
Not exactly. As far as the file goes, we need three files at 400x400, 150x150, and 100x100.
As far as the submission process, art is submitted here: http://www.songfight.org/submitcover.php
You need an account to submit. Contact me if you want one.
As far as the name of the site, it's SONG FIGHT! with an exclamation mark.
Finally, the fight was already posted by the time you posted this! I admit, sooner than usual.
Better luck next time. Hope you don't consider it a waste of your 30 seconds.
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
chocolatechips
Push Comes to Shove
Submitting as: The Chocolate Chips

Post by chocolatechips »

sweet! the submitted art is much better. i will stick to wasting my time making silly songs.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

chocolatechips wrote:sweet! the submitted art is much better. i will stick to wasting my time making silly songs.
If you're ever waiting on the fight, and wondering whether the lack of art is holding it up, you can always click on "Art archive!" on the left side of the home page. All submitted cover art becomes visible there immediately, even if the fight isn't up.

Thanks for the prompt posting, Spud! Now I can probably get reviews done over the weekend!
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

I, too, enjoyed the prompt posting. I actually looked to make sure art was submitted Thursday night and TWALA there it was. Good art, too. My art submissions suck, but I figure sucky is better than nothing. (an example of my artwork is in my profile pic)

glennny
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

Post by glennny »

Thank you Chocoalte Chips! I was drowning in G n G. Whew! (on my 1st listen). Groovy bass line CC!
what's up with all of the G nGs? I'm trying to stay awake at work! Don't bore me!!!
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

glennny wrote:Thank you Chocoalte Chips! I was drowning in G n G. Whew! (on my 1st listen). Groovy bass line CC!
what's up with all of the G nGs? I'm trying to stay awake at work! Don't bore me!!!
I think something about the title inspired sparse emo songs for a lot of us. :P
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
glennny
Jump

Post by glennny »

some quick thoughts, on some of the songs. Just one listen in. I'm at work I jot down thoughts in little spare pockets of time 2 min here and there. (while tests are running).

BSS- I love this song! Ken saved us. I originally took a stab at vocals, then Martin, finally Ken had the vision (and hearing) for it. I love the bass and drum sounds too!
Cody Walker Jr- Very nice! Sweet playing going on here! Nice and laid back! Instrumental? Cool!
Darrick Lucus- Sweet horns!
Jon Eric- nice Tune
Kevin Mellows- I think we have a winner! This is fantastic!
Nick Soma- Nice demo. Finish the damn song, I know what you’re capable of. Nice vocals, fill it out with that Nick Soma rock power and I’m into it. As it is, I’m not very interested.
ODTO-Thanks for bass and drums!
Paco- I ran to the computer, I was going to tell the artist they’re my new favorite. I didn’t recognize your voice at first. Then I saw who it was was. Makes sense. Awesome as usual!
Petrified Computer- You put my banjo playing to shame. Nice playing!
Pig Farmer Jr- Nice rocker!
Sofa PI- I find the drums a little grating, but other than that, I kinda love this song.
TGFTF- Great to work with Friz again! We’re quite fond of the song, I love his lyrics and story! Hope you dig it.
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers
glennny
Jump

Post by glennny »

I saw Leo Kotke, he was awesome GnG. I saw Michael Hedges he as well was awesome GnG. I saw Tuck Andress he was just G, and the best. It can be done. Ross often pulls it off, but usually I can't wait for it to end. Too many coffee shop gigs in the 90's I suppose, but I really hate the genre.
noma
Mean Street
Instruments: Guitar, programming, various other stuff
Recording Method: Audacity
Submitting as: Nick Soma

Post by noma »

glennny wrote:Nick Soma- Nice demo. Finish the damn song, I know what you’re capable of. Nice vocals, fill it out with that Nick Soma rock power and I’m into it. As it is, I’m not very interested.
I know that it's just a demo. I would have finished it, but I ran out of time and I'm glad I managed to submit it (I was a few hours late, I think). Next week's song is gonna be less sloppy. :)
Kevin Mellows
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Recording Method: Reaper and lots of plug-ins
Submitting as: Kevin Mellows

Post by Kevin Mellows »

I was hoping having the art submitted early would get this train moving quickly. Glad to see so many submissions!

-Kevin
Kip Lightning
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Recording Method: Cubase, Bfd3 with roland td4
Submitting as: Lighting Shark

Post by Kip Lightning »

Paco is my fave on first pass. Nice job.
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

Kip: Thanks! Now stop listening. :)

Glenn: I thought that I was always your favorite artist? What gives? ;)

I haven't listened yet and I'm heading out the door. But I will and shall review within the next few days. Thinking maybe nothing but negative reviews. Would that be fun?
Bringin' the stink since 2006.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Kevin Mellows - Living up to your name on a nice mellow track.
-
Holly Furlone - I immediately liked your vocal. You should sing all my songs from now on. I would say all my good songs but then you wouldn't sing any.
-
johndisk0 - I like that low end run with the rumble. Not much of a fan of the vocals. It's a bit too up front for the rest of the track, imo.
-
Nick Soma - It finally dawned on me that your vocals here remind me of they might be giants. The one guy, not the other one. Once I was over that I began to like the song.
-
Burnzi - Hey, I liked this song. I didn't care for the sound of the music, almost sounded like an autoharp. But the vocals were good all the way through, I thought. Having bass and drums come in at some point would have added a whole lot, imo.
-
Anastasia Elizabeth - Glad you got the file converted to mp3 and made it into the contest. I find it hard to believe you're as young as you claim to be. As I mentioned, I like your vocals and melody and the harmony vox is a nice touch.
-
Henderson - Good sound to your recording. I immediately liked the song.
-
SoFa productions inc - I like the contrast between the verse and the repeating chorus part.
-
Lightning Shark - I want to hear the guitar better in the mix. I want to be able to whistle, too. I like the song, but the low volume and off balance detracted a bit, I think. Okay that last bit of vocal was either quaint or annoying.
-
Darrick Lucas - Good vocal, good production. I liked it well enough but if you get your friends to give you another 58 votes I'll personally (something other than "throw a brick at your face" as that would be threatening.)
-
Paco del Stinko - I liked that guitar panned to the left and your overall production and arrangement. Something didn't grab me about the heavier section but I didn't dislike it.
-
Berkeley Social Scene - Some slight dissonance in a place or two with the vocal vs the guitar which I found oddly attractive. I liked the bass line.
-
Jon Eric - That keyboard part is almost the piano version of the "house of the rising sun" riff. Which distracted me needlessly (it's not that close.) The shaker is a nice touch. I liked the tone of your vocal and felt it fit the song very nicely.
-
Cody Walker Jr - Sounds good, I liked the playing and that single note guitar line was good.
-
Only Doing This Once - Found the vocal to be good in an alice cooper kind of way. I'm digging the 1:30 and under songs. It makes it easier to do listen to the whole batch. I should have done that. Would have made my song better. Good ending.
-
Thank Glenny For The Frisbee - Do you ultimate frisbee? I did some 20+ years ago. It was fun. I liked the arrangement.
-
toby roktot - Heh. Nice ending. I liked the arrangement, it changed up nicely.
-
Airlines - I liked the lead guitar lines, it's a nice touch. I found the vocals to be pretty good as well.
-
Petrified Computer - Nice sounding guitar. Kind of a solid, traditional sound that I liked well enough. It was a bit lengthy for my attention span, though.
-
The Chocolate Chips - Sounded okay to me. Just didn't grab me much. At least it was an interesting mix.

codywalkerjr
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Drums/Percussion/Guitar/Vox/Pedal Steel/synth
Recording Method: Reaper/ID44
Submitting as: Cody Walker Jr./Longfellow Street/Golden Echo
Pronouns: Private

Post by codywalkerjr »

Pigfarmer Jr wrote: -
Cody Walker Jr - Sounds good, I liked the playing and that single note guitar line was good.
If it's the part I think you are talking about (intro) , It's actually a Mandolin.. Just got a 1070's Aria Pro, Gibson F Body Knockoff.. It sounds pretty good and plays great.. I'm trying to learn to play it.. It adds a cool texture to guitar driven music.. There is also some pedal steel swirling around in the background.. Thx for the review :)
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

PF Jr. wrote: I liked that guitar panned to the left
Thanks for the comments. I know you didn't ask, but I'm going to gear geek it up for a second. The guitar on the left is a Stratocaster through a Top Hat Portly Cadet, with the boost switch engaged. For the 3rd line of each verse, there is a fuzz box engaged. The right guitar is a Les Paul through my fender Champ, with a Big Muff for the 3rd lines. This second setup was also used for the end lead. I mic'd them both with an SM57.

I often use these two amps together, when using a stereo delay pedal. They sound great with one guitar, in my opinion. Or each alone. Small amps relativley cranked allow you to get hot tube sound at a reasonable volume. Although in this case they were each maybe halfway up.

OK. Gear gab over. Reviews forthcoming, most likely Tuesday.
Bringin' the stink since 2006.
wadewalbrun
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Recording Method: Mixcraft, M Audio M track, hope and a prayer
Submitting as: Burnzi

Post by wadewalbrun »

Burnzi - Hey, I liked this song. I didn't care for the sound of the music, almost sounded like an autoharp. But the vocals were good all the way through, I thought. Having bass and drums come in at some point would have added a whole lot, imo.

Hey, many thanks for the review and positive comments. I appreciate the straight talk about the sound of my guitar. I am new to recording and admittedly still struggle to find the right sound. Hopefully I can learn something here about production for future songs. Thanks again for the feedback.
It's in the hole! It's in the hole!!
jeffhenderson
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by jeffhenderson »

Anastasia Elizabeth – Good singing. Chorus is catchy! Nice harmonies. The songwriting benefits from being catchy enough to be a good pop song without falling into the trap of being a run-of-the-mill three chord pop song. I could hear this song having a Regina-Spektor-style full production recording and being awesome.

Bunzi – Good dynamic range, especially for a G n G track. I really find the melody and sound in the verse pleasant. I like how the chorus ends with that minor chord. The reverb in the chorus sounds a little too much like you’re in a small metal box (I wish I could give you advice on some better settings… I usually just try a bunch of presets until I find one I like). Also, the volume on the vocals seems to get louder in the chorus (possibly because of the addition of the reverb). Overall, sounds really nice.

Cody Walker Jr. – Nice guitar licks! Plus I love hearing a steel guitar. Super smooth. Good production; everything blended together really nicely.

Darrick Lucas – Nice horn! Also, really nice to hear real drums on Songfight! I love how it picks up at the end! It’s a really good one.

Henderson – You guys suck. Nice try. Except the girl. She sounds pretty. And awesome.

johndisk0 – Most rap tracks sound better with fat drum beatz. Your rap style has the cadence of a circa-1982 Ice T.

Kevin Mellows – I dig the sound. I really like the chord change that happens around 40 seconds in. The music really matches the traveling theme of the song. I could totally see it in a travel montage in a movie.

Lightning Shark – Nice, clean recording. The melody sounds like it could be an old gospel standard. My wife says she really likes the melody: She says it makes her feel safe and makes her feel like curling up and taking a nap in the best possible way.

Only Doing This Once – I can’t say this is my style of music, but I know many people who I could see moshing to this.

Pigfarmer Jr. – I love the uplifting message of the chorus. I feel like the vocals are a little bit behind the fast tempo of the rest of song. I like the zipper sound effect as a transition between sections.

Jon Eric – I feel like this melody should be played on an accordion on a train in France. Nice piano chops.

Berkely Social Scene – The bridge was a really nice change-up in the middle. Just as I was enjoying that, the blistering guitar solo caused everyone in the bar to stand up and pull out their lighters (at least, that’s how I imagined it going in my head).

Holly Furlone – You have a fantastic voice! I like the overall sound of the song, but I was itching to hear a bridge that maybe changed up the melody or the chord structure.

The Chocolate Chips – Funky bass line. Super groovy. The lyrics were a bit inscrutable, for a while I though the words were backwards masked. But yeah, real groovy. I feel like this deserves a music video with a kaleidoscope effect and trippy colours.

SoFa Productions Inc. – At first my wife said it sounded like Marilyn Manson, but then the chorus came in and she said it sounds like the Talking Heads. I had heard neither of these bands, because I lived in a cave from 1980 to 1999. So she played me both of them on YouTube and I must concur. The piano seems too far forward in the mix at times. The guitar and piano solos are genuinely interesting.

Paco Del Stinko – I like how the whole band comes in suddenly. The chorus is a little too strong for my taste. I love the guitar part at the end.

Nick M. Soma – Oooh storytime! My wife says you sound Canadian. She should know, because she is as Canadian as they come. So if you’re not actually Canadian, congratulations, you are now an honorary citizen. You can pick up your Mountie hat and Loonies at the border. It’s a really good ending.

Petrified Computer – This is the kind of song that is almost certain to be enjoyed while staring into the night sky around a crackling campfire. Beautiful guitar pickin’ and melody. Your voice fits the song perfectly. Oooh nice banjo! Oh and I really like the second staccato guitar part that came in four minutes in! I thought I would get bored with a song this long, but it has enough changes that it really does keep my attention.

toby roktot – The piano is a little loud in the mix. Very unexpected change up.

Thank glennny for the Frisbee – I like the mandolin. It sounds like Traveling Wilburys. I was just waiting for Roy Orbison to start singing. But if your voice is like any Wilbury, it’s Tom Petty, which is not bad at all. I dig in the middle. I like the harmonies at the end!

Airlines – I like the harmony at the end. It should have come in sooner! Nice lead guitar work.

Our favourites: The Chocolate Chips, Petrified Computer, Thank glennny for the Frisbee, Lightning Shark.
Kevin Mellows
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Recording Method: Reaper and lots of plug-ins
Submitting as: Kevin Mellows

Post by Kevin Mellows »

Hey guys, wow what a turnout! Here are my reviews. Just-a-so-you-know, I’m listening to your songs through good, but not fancy, headphones.

Airlines
The guitar seems to be moving around. I really like the lick in the chorus. I think there are a few too many pauses in the verse. The vocals sound a little too “warm”. I bit of lift in the upper range will give a little more sparkle.

Anastasia Elizabeth
I like this! You have a great, clear voice. One comment I would say (and I know I’m bad for making this ProductionFight) but your vocals have that signature “bedroom” sound. I’m guessing you used a condenser mic? It’s picking up all the subtle reflections in your room. If you can give your room a little treatment, your vocals will sound pro.

Berkeley Social Scene
I like that you guys are changing up your sound a little. Woah, great solo! Cool odd time feel.

Burnzi
Ha, your chord progression is sorta similar to BSS, just before you. I’m gonna say the same thing I said to Anastasia- there’s that classic bedroom sound in your vocals that is easy (well, sometimes) to treat. I really like how you draw out the last line “...and said goodbye”. That adds more weight to the emotion.

The Chocolate Chips
Ah, good ol’ Chocolate Chips. The bass is groovy! I can’t quite make out what you’re saying sometimes. Hehe, “out the door… face no more” I don’t know if you’re trying to be cliche, or appropriating a rock sound to your style.

Cody Walker Jr.
I would say cut the first five empty seconds off the track. Really cool mix of guitar sounds. I like this, but I want lyrics!

Darrick Lucas
Best part is your vocals for sure. The biggest thing I would say with your songs is I kind of want you to get to the point quicker. The second half is cool, I wish that was the song more than the first half. Fade outs are great, but I’m not sure about a 30 second fade. If the song is over, finish it.

Henderson
I love Dm-Am-G, it has a soft spot for me. Your chorus is great, but your delivery sounds really forced. I think it would sound better if you didn’t hold back every word and made it smoother.

Holly Furlone
Ha, plenty of songs about catching trains in this round ;) I feel like “feel it in time” gets too repetitive. I’ll say what I said to Anastasia and Burnzi- you’ve got that “bedroom” sound in your vocals that if eliminated would make the song sound so much better.

johndisk0
Hmmm, your music is entirely ripped from Super Metroid. I’m mildly interested in the story, but I kind of cringe when I hear rapping like this. Sorry man, I’m just not digging it.

Jon Eric
I immediately thought “House of the Rising Sun” even though this song is actually quite different. I find it kind of funny the way the bare word “suitcase” sort of just sticks out in the chorus. Yeah piano solo!

Kevin Mellows
This is me. I’m very happy with how this song turned out. With a prompt- uh, I mean title- like “suitcase” the first thing that came to mind was travelling. As I wrote the song, I found that I was trying to play with two different emotions. The first is the excitement of hitting the road whilst being young and in love. The second is the anxiety of not really knowing where life go. Thanks for listening.

Lightning Shark
I know this isn’t supposed to be a “good” submission, but I really enjoyed listening to this. You captured a kind of mood that is impossible to force. Honestly, I was smiling and giggling through the whole thing.

Nick Soma
Haha, were you just riffing this story on the spot?

Only Doing This Once
Holy reverb Batman, lol. I have to “lean in” to make out the words, which I’m imagining you did on purpose. Neat effects, but the sound is kind of all over the place. What I really want is a melody or something to catch the ear.

Paco del Stinko
Oh Paco, your songs always need a couple extra listens to digest. Great tone and great playing! I like the second solo.

Petrified Computer
Piano man on guitar? Haha, it’s a catchy progression. Really smooth guitar playing, and a clear voice. The arrangement builds and builds. This is great!

Pigfarmer Jr
Is that zipper sound a suitcase or a bodybag? Totally punk! I would bring the vocals a little up in the mix. One small suggestion- the first time you say “die, die, die… for nothing” I don’t think there should be a long space in between “die” and “for nothing” as it breaks the phrase. I like the way you did it the second time.

SoFa Productions Inc.
Cool vibe! The verse vocals are a little buried, and the piano in the chorus is a little loud. I like the angle you took. I hate saying something like this, but it feels a little long to me.

Thank glennny for the Frisbee
Haha, it took me a couple of listens to actually get what this song was about. I thought it was all round happy, but there’s some twisted lyrics here, lol. Great sound, I really like this one!

toby roktot
This song is much, much better than your previous submissions, so good job! Haha, I was laughing listening to this story. I hope it wasn’t inspired by real events, lol. “Concupiscent”- that’s our word of the day folks!
Heine
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Guitar, Bass
Recording Method: Presonus FP10, Cubase
Submitting as: SoFa Productions Inc., Double Me Double U, heine

Post by Heine »

Cool Fight. Lots of interesting stuff... Here is my first impression...

Airlines
Guitar'n'Guy - decent riff - nice vocals - is this a phasing effect or unintentionally? - better miking/production would give a push straight forward.

Anastasia Elizabeth
Guitar'n'Girl - very nice voice, vocal overdubs are well sung, nice song. Good job.

Berkeley Social Scene
I really like the tone of the guitar. Not bad but a bit to unobtrusive.

Burnzi
Guitar'n'Guy again - fine harmonies - nice vocals - a very charming demo, wood like to hear the finished version.

Cody Walker Jr.
This suitcase has just one problem: it's way too short! I could go on listening to it. I really like the pedal steel guitar-sound.

Darrick Lucas
Fine vocals, very pleasing harmonies but I'm missing the bass. Strings are fine. Brass is very interesting but way too 'dixie'. BTW firstly I always read "draculas" until I saw that YouTube clip within the pre-fight discussion. Sorry for that!

Henderson
My favorite song this time! A duet! Especially those female vocals are very touching. The only thing annoying is the synthetic choir. An additional guitar or piano would've lifted that part much higher.

Holly Furlone
Guitar'n'Girl - pretty nice voice, pretty nice vocal hook, after all a pretty nice song.

johndisk0
Rap without a beat!?! Never heard that before. But a lot of haunting sounds. How can one find so many words for one song? Kept me interested until the end. Well done!

Jon Eric
Six-eight meter. I love that. The chord progression seems to live next door to that House of the rising sun. But that's o.k. The Honky Tonk piano fits very well. Got it's own cool atmosphere.

Kevin Mellows
Very clean production. Very well done. One of my favorites this time.

Lightning Shark
False start - was that intended to be? Anyway - it's quite suave. Well sung, funny ending.

Nick Soma
BTW 'Soma' is my favorite Smashing Pumpkins track. Guitar could use some tuning. Nice story. Well, how will the next parts be?

Only Doing This Once
Loud and short. I like that. (Short song - short review ;-)

Paco del Stinko
Always astounded how different your vocals can be (still remembering that "Elegy for Industrie" fight). But the "and I do it all 4 U" part revealed it as a Paco song. Perfectly done.

Petrified Computer
Very fine picking. A hook to remember. Touching story, touching vocals. A blend of fine strings (guitar, uke, banjo). Great.

Pigfarmer Jr
Scratching vinyl intro. Huh! Lyrically I agree. But the vocals are a little sloppy/delayed sometimes. I'm sure you can do it much better. But all in all a funny short song. Scratching outro.

SoFa Productions Inc.
My fourteen year old son forced me to do a SongFight together with him. SoFa means Son & father so far. He had the basic ideas musically, did all the programing (using LMMS) and left me some space for vocals and guitar (using Cubase).

Thank Glennny for the Frisbee
Such a mellow Fleetwood Mac feeling (Kinda "I don't want to know"). Thank you Glenny for this fine song!

The Chocolate Chips
Yes! Very psychedelic! That's great! I don't know what's inside of your Chocolate Chips… but the mood you created is so very sixties. Simply love it.

toby roktot
Very reduced. Painful. Ouch! Music delivers the words quite perfectly.
www.heine-musik.de - Stark autark! - Keller Kollektiv - Vince Link - "Paragon of Teutonic Gloominess" - Elaine DiMasi
codywalkerjr
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Drums/Percussion/Guitar/Vox/Pedal Steel/synth
Recording Method: Reaper/ID44
Submitting as: Cody Walker Jr./Longfellow Street/Golden Echo
Pronouns: Private

Post by codywalkerjr »

Thank you so much for the kind words. I always seem to make 'Joke Songs' . This week I.didnt have a lot of time to.write lyrics, .. the pedal steel lick was kind of an accident.. I was practicing major triad walk ups in A and I fell I have step short ...(. which landed on G ) hence the song was born.. then I added some 12 string guitar and mandolin.. the drums sound is me banging on a piece of acoustic foam and clapping.. ( makes no sense, i.know).. I will try to get a thorough review in this for each song.. someone commented that the mix was very good, I will credit that to my new Audio Technica AE5100 which I.used,for mosr of the song with very little processing...Thanks