I might actually review this one. (The Lurker Reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
glennny
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

Re: I might actually review this one. (The Lurker Reviews)

Post by glennny »

here's some reviews, sorry I didn't get through all of them yet. maybe next computer will allow such. Good stuff everyone!

Berkeley Social Scene- I love we left the little dialog in the beginning. I like this song a lot. This is a great vibe for the Martin style of vocals. I love the harmonies, Sam took the main harmony I got the Matt Sharp falsetto high harmony. Our conversation for this session was a collective realization that we preferred Matt Sharp projects to Weezer projects. The keys and guitar lick responses were overdubs, I like them, but at the same time I really enjoyed the gritty live takes without them. Overall I think this a stronger BSS song. Great drums and production Ken!

Burnzi- Nice song. A strummed acoustic guitar makes me a little violent. I really yearn for drums and bass and a lead instrument. I’m sorry, it just sounds like a strong demo. Solo sounds like he’s in the wrong key. I don’t have perfect pitch I’d need my guitar in hand to spell it out for you. There was lots of sourness, more sour than jazz. Yeah, drums and bass first, then guitar solo.

Captain Cowabunga- Composed by PDS. My thoughts on this song are basically FUCK YEAH! I think your aside song is stronger than the brand name, but both are gems. Rock power! Kick ass riffs! One of my favorites this fight. VOTE!

Finding Nemoy- I hope I have this right: Kill Me Sarah + Thanks for the Frisbee= Finding Nemoy? Anyway, I love your guys music! If you ever need a glennny-ism in a song, I’m there. This is awesome! This is short and sweet. Big time vote!

The Fonzees- Power pop delight! Gotta vote for this. I’m a little sad there wasn’t a fun solo in this. It feels a little incomplete for that reason. Still gets a vote.

Glennny- Yeah, with the title I initially thought of Judas Priest : the Rage, also Judas priest the Ripper. So I started out trying to be late 70’s metal, but whilst recording it morphed more glennny-like. There are no keyboards, it’s all guitar in the solo section. Just some tapping fun.

High Density- I learned from Ken that Future Boy is in this project. That explains the awesomeness form seemingly nowhere for me. Yeah this is very cool. Gets a vote! No criticisms, I just want to hear the rest of the album. Vote.

Jon Eric- This feels a bit slow to me. I’d like to hear it a few clicks faster. I don’t think the drums groove with the instruments too well. Other than that, pretty nice song.
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

Hats off to the Berkeley Boys. Good job, gang. I'm thinking that I may be starting to set a record for most wins with a tie. Hmm...Of course, I still don't have that many wins! :)
Bringin' the stink since 2006.
chocolatechips
Push Comes to Shove
Submitting as: The Chocolate Chips

Post by chocolatechips »

close one! never seen so many so close to taking first place.
Future Boy
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Keyboard, Vocals
Recording Method: Apollo Twin, Reaper, Rhodes, Casios
Submitting as: Future Boy
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Future Boy »

More like plaudits than reviews:

Captain Cowabunga - I liked the energy here and the vocal delivery is pretty good.
Finding Nemoy - nerdy / creepy in a good way. i sorta want to remix this.
High Density - i still like this song. i still need to put in a better quadcopter sound.
Jon Eric - this was pleasant in a way i find difficult to articulate. i feel like your singing has gotten to the point of being charmingly rough and that's great.
Schlimminy Cricket - yes this is pleasantly lo-fi, i like your little organ sound, good solo
Thanks For The Frisbee - this is pleasant
New Album: Comes Apart | Missed Connections | With Johnny Cashpoint: A Maze of Death | modular synths on Youtube
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Future Boy wrote:More like plaudits than reviews:

High Density - i still like this song. i still need to put in a better quadcopter sound.
So I just have to know... is that Moboid on vocals?

EDIT: I see that she posted to this thread. Question already answered!
Future Boy
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Keyboard, Vocals
Recording Method: Apollo Twin, Reaper, Rhodes, Casios
Submitting as: Future Boy
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Future Boy »

Wouldn't be HIgh Density without her :D
New Album: Comes Apart | Missed Connections | With Johnny Cashpoint: A Maze of Death | modular synths on Youtube