Panama
Instruments: Keys, Clunking, SFX and Strings
Recording Method: Audacity, Adobe, and other 'A' titled software
Submitting as: Boffo Yux Dudes

SpinTunes 16 Results - Round 1 - 4

Post by BoffoYux »

ST16R1 RESULTS!
AND WE HAVE RESULTS!

Steve Stearns takes the round with his Indiana Jones tribute, followed closely by Ominous Ride, Ross Durand, and Glen Raphael.

Seven groups are eliminated this round... BUT... diligent rules-lawyers know that if they continue to shadow, they could be re-instated in another round. In fact, it's possible for a band to be eliminated in Round 1, enter shadows for rounds 2 through 4, be re-instated in the final round, and win. It's crazy, I know, but rules is rules. But you can't win if you don't play, so shadow!

st16r1results.PNG
st16r1results.PNG (38.54 KiB) Viewed 1003 times

It's very simple: judges rank the bands from best (1) to least (27); the numbers are added together, and that's the score. Low score wins. I break ties; and we have several ties this round but as none of them affect who's staying and going, I'm going to let them stand as ties.

Remember, scoring is not cumulative. Your goal is to get to the next round.
Good luck!
Last edited by BoffoYux on Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
BoffoYux
Panama

Re: ST16 Results - Round 1 & 2

Post by BoffoYux »

ST16R2 RESULTS!
Well the judging is in. If you haven't had enough, please check out Jerkatorium's misnamed-yet-still-entertaining podcast:

https://twojerksonevote.com/posts/st16r2/

This time around the jerks are joined by Tommy G, who shares some insights into the BYD as well as the JoCo cruises, and other interesting stuff in addition to sharing his feelings about each of the songs.

As for the results, here they are. Since we have five judges on the roster this round, my rankings have not been recorded and will not be used.
ST16R2Results.PNG
ST16R2Results.PNG (40.5 KiB) Viewed 957 times
Note that there are eight (8) eliminations. The top twelve bands move on to the third round, where eight more will be shaken out, leaving four bands in the Final Round.

There's a tie in 6th/7th place, and I'm calling it for BucketHat Bobby. But take heart, Faster Jackelope... the slate's wiped clean in the 3rd round.
As for Round 3, that's underway. You've already gotten the challenge, and we can't wait to see what you do with it!

Good luck, all. and to those in the grey, Please keep shadowing!
BoffoYux
Panama

Re: ST16 Results - Round 1, 2, 3

Post by BoffoYux »

ST16R3 RESULTS!
You worked, you slaved, you created, and you were upbeat and uplifting on demand.

Let's see how that turned out. Moving on to the final round are (in order of finish):

Steve Stearns
Jerkatorium
Temnere
Ross Durand

Congratulations are in order for our finalists as well as everyone who has participated so far!

And keep shadowing! Temnere made it back from the brink of death and is moving into the final round. If (God forbid!) one or more of these four succumb to the dreaded deadline, any one of you who were just eliminated and the eligible shadows could actually still win this thing!

Here are the rankings and tallies:
ST16R3results.PNG
ST16R3results.PNG (21.02 KiB) Viewed 925 times
BoffoYux
Panama

Re: ST16 Results - Round 1, 2, 3

Post by BoffoYux »

CONGRATULATIONS
TEMNERE
nuclear-explosion-356108_1280.jpg
nuclear-explosion-356108_1280.jpg (267.14 KiB) Viewed 912 times
SpinTunes 16 Champion!
Had to go with the explosion.
Fireworks don't contain enough heavy metal

Temnere wins the coveted no-prize, and also earns a spot as a judge in our next contest, where he can give as well as he received.

And this, Ladies and Gentlebeings, is why you shadow.

Thanks to everyone who participated, and special thanks to the judges (Micah Sommersmith, Joe Lamb, Russ Rogers, Mary Ann Randall, and Travis Langworthy, as well as William Hoover); to Tom Giarrosso for his deft performace as MC at our listening parties; and to Matt "Shoobs" Schubbe for the exquisite cover art.

Be sure to check out the Two Jerks One Vote podcast, on which Temnere coincidentally appears as a special guest!
st16r4a.PNG
st16r4a.PNG (22.32 KiB) Viewed 912 times
LATE RANKINGS
As you can tell from the above, a number of competitors did not make the deadline for rankings. I waited an extra hour before closing submissions, so late entries will not affect the rankings and results as reported above. Nevertheless, if you'd like to have your voice heard, send them in and I'll post them here.

Jerkatorium: 1. Temnere, 2. Steve Stearns, 3. Jerktorium, 4. Ross Durand.
[editorial comment: not voting for yourself is laudably honest, though borderline Darwin-worthy]