Instruments: Voice, accordion, keyboards, guitar, euphonium
Recording Method: StudioOne Artist / AudioBox USB
Submitting as: Micah Sommersmith, All The Robots
Pronouns: they/them or he/him

SpinTunes 17 - Meet the Contestants

Post by MicahSommer »

Meet the Contestants - photos and links at:
https://spintunescontest.blogspot.com/2 ... tants.html

Our contestants are hard at work on their Round 1 songs. In the meantime, let's find out who they are. Here are the 47, yes, forty-seven artists and bands fighting for the title of SpinTunes 17 Champion:

Also in Blue
Also in Blue is the nom de guerre of an overeducated, under-stimulated songwriter without a serious direction, who writes what he can, when he can (usually at the expense of doing the dishes or getting a reasonable amount of sleep). His recently launched YouTube channel contains the greatest, most important work he’s ever done. He always says this about whatever his latest project is, in the hopes that it turns out to be true.
Also in Blue thanks you for giving him the opportunity to rock your socks. If you would like to support future sock rocking, please consider subscribing to his YouTube channel - at 100 subscribers, he gets a custom channel URL. Only 100 subscribers to go!

Amy Tant
Hey, it's Amy. You might know me from timeless Spintunes classics such as "Kebab Shop" (Spintunes 1) and "Living In The Countryside" (Spintunes 2). I've been away from the online songwriting competition limelight for a while, aside from stints in Donutworthy's Frankensong entries, but I think it's time for a comeback. Hopefully better than ever (or at least not worse)! Still bad at recording music and still can't do much else besides guitar and vocals, but we'll make it work somehow. Let's do this, 2021!

Boffo Yux Dudes
Resident humorists and Bon Vivants. 3 more SpinTunes and we have to count on more than our fingers and toes. Hoping we have something in the gas tank, or at least can find the keys to the car this week!

Boy on the Wall
Brian makes pop songs for fun as his online alter ego, "Boy on the Wall." He is a past participant in SpinTunes 13 and 14.

The Brewhouse Sessions
Two guys brewing up some back deck home-brewed libations and music. Drop in anytime and join the fun!

Buku Chauney

"BucketHat" Bobby Matheson
"BucketHat" Bobby Matheson is a cubicle-dweller and former television professional who, between Masters Of Song-Fu and Spintunes, has been doing this music-competition thing for over a decade. Has he improved? You be the judge.

Cavedwellers
Truth and glennny have been writing songs together since the min 90's. Now that they are on opposite coasts, internet music collaboration keeps the music alive.

David G Harrington
Experienced song writer and performer for over 40 years

Declan IOM

Dented Bento
Indie band from Hawaii

The Dutch Widows
The Dutch Widows just want to make music. The only important thing is to turn it over. It doesn't need to be perfect. It doesn't even need to be good. It just needs to be finished. Not finished is also OK. Though probably not for SpinTunes.

Easel of Time
Easel of Time is a two-weaseled band, with influences spanning from Hugh Laurie to Serge Gainsbourg

EmKayDeeBee
British musician, based in the North of England, whose main instrument is the harp (string variety!)

Feichai
Landlocked for 2020/21 with no prospects of touring or making ends meet. Will write songs in exchange for food and board.

Giraffes for Wings
Giraffes for Wings is one English teacher and a little spare time.

Good Guy Sôjàbé
Alt-rock band based across the UK 🇬🇧 & Ireland 🇮🇪. Proven flexibility.

Governing Dynamics
Resident feel-sad post-alt-rock guitar band.

HandHammered
I, just love music, music for music sake.

Hot Pink Halo
Hot Pink Halo enjoys pushing buttons.

Jasper Lewis
Jasper Lewis is a singer-songwriter who lives in New Jersey. He has written and self-released several albums of original music and is always looking for fun songwriting challenges.

Jealous Brother
Minnesota is known for its rich history of folk and alternative rock artists who don't shower or wear clean clothes. Jealous Brother carries on this rich musical tradition in the lesser known Southeastern part of the state, with influences ranging from Bob Dylan, the Jayhawks, Semisonic and Soul Asylum to Husker Du and the Replacements, and songs not nearly as good as theirs.

Jon Porobil
Jon has been recording in bedrooms and basements since he was 17 years old. Originally recording only for the Song Fight! community, Jon has recorded four full albums (three under his former stage name Jon Eric), the most recent of which is 2020's Stages. He has never won a Song Fight! or SpintTunes round, but he did win the 2020 season of Nur Ein, which is arguably more impressive.

Jordan Carroll
Here we go again

Jordan Darling
Jordan Darling is an American indie-folk artist based in Amsterdam, NL.

Keen Observer
I observe things. Keenly.

Lichen Throat
One guy, one laptop, one microphone.

Little Bobby Tables
Little Bobby Tables is a four-piece nerdpop combo from SFCA, performing at small local venues since 2017, as well as on the JoCo Cruise. We write songs about lonely spacecraft, frustrated starship crewmembers, and cryptids, among other things.

Lucky Witch & the Righteous Ghost
Spooky. Creepy. Grungy. Dark. Different.

Melody Klein
35 year old music chick from Israel. Writes downtempo acid mostly, plays various instruments, likes playing board games, riding roller coasters, and getting tied up.

Menage a Tune
I am back, plus...whoever I can get to help me! Even >I< don't know yet! I suppose should ask someone...

Mystery Science Creator 3000
"A completely by-the-numbers, run of the mill, generalized take on bland music tropes and mediocre filler, MSC3K is none of your favorite music and the sonic equivalent of water rushing through an uninsulated pipe after someone flushes the toilet on a floor above you.
Sometimes I also make weird music videos; what's it to you?"

Nate Gerry
Singer-songwriter based out of Boston, MA who's fresh off a successful FAWM. Looking to keep the creative juices flowing with Spintunes. When not writing songs, I'm making chocolate bars, walking my doggos, or being an undercover hippy at my church band gig.

Night Sky
Night Sky is a collaboration of Matt Holland (saxes, vocals, and other instruments), Sally Madden (lyrics), and Steve Berg (drums). We have been participating in Song Fight since mid-2020, and this is our first SpinTunes.

Ominous Ride
One man + one iPad + chaotic synapses = glorious sounds of gods and nightmares.

La otra Nati
Chilean singer songwriter writing songs for fun. Experimenting with synthpop right now.

Pigfarmer Jr
A junior pigfarmer.

rackwagon
A sunburnt country, and a hollow western isle. Shoe dancers, and true chancers. We are the wagon of rack.

Regis Michelena
Wyomingite, semi-regular FAWMer, and recovering accordionist who enjoys hanging off dams and dam features.

Samuel Davis Jr
Country music singer/songwriter and producer of many different genres for sync licensing.

seemanski
I am a hobbyist who loves to tinker with tunes in-between the chaos that is my daily life.

The Serviettes
The Serviettes is the moniker of Medway multi-instumentalist Dan Clarke. Active since the early 2010s, The Serviettes released their debut album in late 2017. This was followed by the Phantasmagoria EP in 2019, bridging the gap to The Serviettes eponymous second album, released in November 2020. The Serviettes draw on a diverse range of influences from blues, garage rock and chamber pop, which is spliced with elements of trip hop and dream pop.

Sober

Summer Wynne
Hey there. I used to be Trader Jack. I participated in this thing a long time ago. Anyway, I mostly do alt-rock and folk and weird stuff. I don't have any of my mixing/production programs any more so... we'll figure something out.

Vom Vorton
Newly-lonely cat enthusiast seeks song challenges to fill hole in life.

The Wizards of Vomit
One man band ready to record some tunes!

Yo Mammy and the Fuzznuts
YoMammy and the Fuzznuts are a trio consisting of Yo Mammy(who is out sick) and two Fuzznuts one of which has gone missing.
"you did a skillful job pulling off the sexy" - RangerDenni
BoffoYux
Panama
Instruments: Keys, Clunking, SFX and Strings
Recording Method: Audacity, Adobe, and other 'A' titled software
Submitting as: Boffo Yux Dudes

Re: SpinTunes 17 - Meet the Contestants

Post by BoffoYux »

47. I'm impressed. That ties the number of profiles in ST #3 - and we ended up with 43 songs and shadows for Round #1 that year.

A reminder - If you were late with a profile, you can still put in a song. It usually will get judges reviews, but doesn't get any points.

I haven't kept track, but I think BYD is still #1 in shadow songs over all 17 contests.

I'm looking forward to all these songs!
Sober
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Sober »

Huh, guess I should have written something 🤦‍♂️
🤠
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drums, Guitars, Keys
Recording Method: Focusrite + FL Studio
Submitting as: Phl*b*
Pronouns: bruh
Location: Not super far from Atlanta but definitely not Atlanta

Post by sleepysilverdoor »

Sober wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:50 am
I don't know, I kind of like how you're the only one with no description but just a picture. And the picture you chose kind of matches your genre, I say you did fine.
"There's a lot to be said about a full-on frontal assault on the ear drums" - Pigfarmer Jr.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Sober wrote:
I was aiming for the shortest bio and you beat me by three words. Congratz.
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
crumpart
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Fuzz
Submitting as: Hot Pink Halo
Pronouns: She/her

Post by crumpart »

Pigfarmer Jr wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:17 am
Sober wrote:
I went for “six word story”.
Devil’s got me Lindt! Devil’s got me Lindt!
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

crumpart wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:37 am
Pigfarmer Jr wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:17 am
Sober wrote:
I went for “six word story”.
My wife likes pushing my buttons. Is that kind of the same thing? *evil grin*
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang