Song cover

Organize yourselfs.
The Weakest Suit
Mean Street
Submitting as: The Weakest Suit, Test Week Hiatus, Observati, Alienboy, FAWMit, FACE, Epitaphs
Pronouns: he/him

Song cover

Post by The Weakest Suit »

I was wondering if any artists here would mind recording a cover of one of my SongFight! songs. I need a version of it that is better than mine for a project. Contact me if you are interested. Thanks!
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff

Re: Song cover

Post by ken »

Did anyone ever help you with this project?
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
The Weakest Suit
Mean Street
Submitting as: The Weakest Suit, Test Week Hiatus, Observati, Alienboy, FAWMit, FACE, Epitaphs

Not a one. I could pay up to $50 for a nice cover. It’s basically a three chord, pop song. I have a lyric sheet and chord progressions written out. My version is in the SongFight archive. The title is Down For A While.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Post by ujnhunter »

Post your Lyrics/Chords, I like your version.

Edit: Very T-Rex. I've started to try and transcribe your song...
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
The Weakest Suit
Mean Street

ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff

Post by ken »

Yeah, what's wrong with your version?
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
The Weakest Suit
Mean Street

I need a more professional sounding version with vocals that are in key. I thought I’d post the request here since there is a lot of talent here and people are usually always recording something. Quotes from the song are going to be in the forwards of a set of four books I am publishing next Jan-Mar. I wanted a professional version of the song available as an Easter Egg. If the books do good, it’d be a chance for some exposure for the artist. I’ve got a solid publishing schedule until 2030 and each set of books is going to be associated with a different song. When I was SongFighting, I wrote about 250 songs (not all for SongFight), so I have a lot to choose from. If something hits big and the song is covered by a SongFighter and it helps him/her, I would love it. I loved SongFight, but family obligations forced me to quit. This is a small way, I could potentially showcase others.