Transatlantic Collab

Organize yourselfs.
Bell Green
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Transatlantic Collab

Post by Bell Green »

Anyone up for a transatlantic collab? Who does what on the song? Don't know, we can work that out along the way. But how do we acutally work together? When I've done this with a friend in Brighton, we've posted CD's to each other with all the files on. I've tried with my friend in Sweden, as he can do all this ftp stuff and hook up our computers together, but we never managed to finish a song. MSN messenger allows you to send files now, but how long will it be uploading/downloading those big and fat 24bit files? Still I reckon it's doable, albeit a bit chinese whispers, but could be fun.

I write a chord sequence and send that to you, then you put a bassline on it and send it back to me. I put a drum track to it and back to you and so on.

:idea: this could be fun
so . . . when was the last time you backed up?
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

i'd be up for this... but my quality isn't near as good as yours... be afraid i'd bring down your song more then i helped it...

but if you'd wanna try with me... i'd be up for it
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle

<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorj ... htm">music page</a>
Bell Green
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Bell Green »

Cool. Let's do it. Who cares about quality, let's focus on fun. I'm sure that we can learn lots from each other. Only two titles this week, so that makes the first step a bit easier. I had some ideas for Jack the Ripper's plea for innocence and shaving other people in the dark, but that's about it. No chords, lyrics etc. You got anything?
so . . . when was the last time you backed up?