Mostess
Panama
Instruments: Vocal, guitar, keyboard, clarinet
Recording Method: Ardour 5, JACK, Ubuntu
Submitting as: Hostess Mostess
Pronouns: He/him

A Hostess Mostess Christmas

Post by Mostess »

We're about ready to turn our Christmas album loose on our friends and family and (as always) some of the songs seem to be missing something. So I think to myself, wouldn't it be great if some kind musician wanted to fill in the aesthetic gaps? Then I think to myself, man I love SongFight!

So here are three songs which seem unfinished. If you have an idea and some time and some motivation, feel free to add something and PM me where I can download a WAV (or AIFF) of your track so I can add it to the mix. If you include a mailing address, I can make sure a copy of the final project gets to your door.

We only have a week or so left before we need to do the final burn, and we can't guarantee I'll use everything (or anything) we get. But if you want to give it a shot, we'd be thrilled to hear it.
  • http://www.medicine.uiowa.edu/radresear ... nowman.mp3
    Snowman: An original for our daughter who sleeps every night with her favorite toy, a snowman with a bell inside. It's just synth organ and vocals now and I really don't know what to do with it. Please excuse the horrid mix.
And of course, if no one is interested in recording, that's fine. Let these songs be an early holiday card to all y'all.
"We don’t write songs about our own largely dull lives. We mostly rely on the time-tested gimmick of making shit up."
-John Linnell
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

uhm... i'm very interested in the third one... it'd be dif. for me... it's stuff i can play, but can't really sing... uhm... all i need to really try to see if i can do it... is a basic chord progression...

if you have such a thing... if not i can see what i can make up... just couldn't make any promises to have it in a week... if i have no idea what kinda chord thing is done... and i'll make sure no clipping...

oh and please specify if you'd want a regular piano tone... or somethin' a lil' dif?
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle

<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorj ... htm">music page</a>
Mostess
Panama

Post by Mostess »

Thanks, PJ, but you're a week behind. No time for lead sheets or even more recording. I put a silly guitar solo (trio, actually) in the hole in the third one, and Glenn Case did a lovely guitar track for the second. The first will go on as is.

I'll put some of them up at somesongs when it's tidy.
"We don’t write songs about our own largely dull lives. We mostly rely on the time-tested gimmick of making shit up."
-John Linnell
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

Dang, I missed this when it first went up, otherwise I would have loved to have contributed a solo. :( The songs sounded pretty great as they were.
Mostess
Panama

Post by Mostess »

You're free to take a stab at it, of course. I haven't started burning the final product yet, so if you get me something by Friday, I may be able to use it. But don't knock yourself out; we're pretty much ready to go as is (just dealing with song order and a couple of odd-sounding mixes).
-John Linnell
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

sucks i missed it... but yea... i gotta figure out a how i'm gonna record with this mic... that'll be good... so it's all cool
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle

<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorj ... htm">music page</a>