An idea from a Filmfighter.

Organize yourselfs.
the_rev
A New Player

An idea from a Filmfighter.

Post by the_rev »

How about.. Filmfights and songfights colaborate on a fight. Like.. we make teams of One film maker.. and one music maker.. and.. then we get like two weeks to make something together. be it.. a music video.. or just a scored movie. Whateva'. I think it could be really neat. We would still use a title/genre. Just like any other fight.. but, We would just be forced to colaborate with eachother. Maybe this'll help bridge the gap between song & Filmfights. I don't know. Just planting seeds. Tell me what you think. If you guys like it, I'll discuss it with the filmfighters and see what they think.. but, I thought I would come to you fellers first.
tonetripper
Mean Street
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Sitar, Theremin, Lap Steel, Djembe
Recording Method: Cubase 6, Live 7, Reason 5, UAD 2, MOTU Ultralite, Mackie 1620i onyx
Submitting as: tonetripper, redcar, gert, draft and others

Post by tonetripper »

Being a film technician myself and wanting desperately to move into soundtrack work, I, for one, am all over this and so would .redcar . I think the key would be to create the short, talk to the moderators of SF and find out if they can supply a link to the short for SFers to see, so they could get ideas of projected music. Just a thought. Cool idea the_rev.
Last edited by tonetripper on Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Re: An idea from a Filmfighter.

Post by erik »

the_rev wrote:How about.. Filmfights and songfights colaborate on a fight. Like.. we make teams of One film maker.. and one music maker.. and.. then we get like two weeks to make something together. be it.. a music video.. or just a scored movie. Whateva'. I think it could be really neat. We would still use a title/genre. Just like any other fight.. but, We would just be forced to colaborate with eachother.
Here is a suggestion, come up with a list of filmfighters who think this is a good idea. That way people can check out their stuff (if they so desire) and make sure they aren't assmonkeys. A similar list of songfighters could be made. Not an end-all, be-all list, just some sort of general idea.

Here is another suggestion: Make it a 4 week mega-event. Week 1: The Songfighter makes a song. Week 2: The corresponding filmfighter makes a music video for the song. Week 3:The filmfighter makes a film. Week 4: The corresponding songfighter scores the film.

Here is a third suggestion: Organize a 2 week megaevent: Week 1: Songfighters make songs, and filmfighters make films. Week 2: Send your completed song or film to your correspnding person, and then either score a film or make a music video.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

15-16 puzzle wrote:
the_rev wrote:How about.. Filmfights and songfights colaborate on a fight. Like.. we make teams of One film maker.. and one music maker.. and.. then we get like two weeks to make something together. be it.. a music video.. or just a scored movie. Whateva'. I think it could be really neat. We would still use a title/genre. Just like any other fight.. but, We would just be forced to colaborate with eachother.

Here is another suggestion: Make it a 4 week mega-event. Week 1: The Songfighter makes a song. Week 2: The corresponding filmfighter makes a music video for the song. Week 3:The filmfighter makes a film. Week 4: The corresponding songfighter scores the film.
I like this idea best out of your suggestions. But I feel that it might be a bit complicated and worse yet... rushed.

But the idea is good. Perhaps make it TWO MEGA-EVENTS at two different times. And make it a month long thing each time. Or three weeks each.

The first and one and a half week: Songfighter makes killer song utilizing ALL the time provided to make superb awesome quality kick butt song.

The second one and a half week: Filmfighter do0d puts video to it utilizing a full amount of time to put together an unrushed video to it.

The second half of your suggestion could happen in the second mega-event in the exact same format as the first. The filmfighters go first...and the songfighters respond.

Entrants on both platforms would have to be established...then names could go into hat....then drawn.

Of course, I could completely suck as the next person will have a much better plan.
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

Hoblit wrote:complicated
oh, it was not complicated at all.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

sounds exciting....
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

I believe filmfight themes are given a month in advance. Best to have a song ready for them when the theme is announced.

I think it's more likely to work if we just say "Hey Filmfighters, here's a list of songfighters to collab with on your filmfight where the theme is "Music Video".

You could have a list of possible songs, and allow filmfighters to pick among them, and risk duplication. *shrug*

If the filmfightmaster were willing to organize his contestants, he could assign them a songfighter to work with at random, or a songfight song (with artist approval) to make a video for.

JB
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

jb wrote: You could have a list of possible songs, and allow filmfighters to pick among them, and risk duplication. *shrug*

If the filmfightmaster were willing to organize his contestants, he could assign them a songfighter to work with at random, or a songfight song (with artist approval) to make a video for.

JB
Yeah, thats how I got to the 'hat drawing' part... there is a major risk of duplication if one or two of the songs are above the par set by the rest.

It sounds like a few things would have to come together for something like this to happen let alone be highly successful. However, I think it would be worth the effort for those involved.

Oh, that..and I'm in... even if only for the chance to score someone's film.
deshead
Panama

Post by deshead »

Hoblit wrote:there is a major risk of duplication if one or two of the songs are above the par set by the rest.
Ya, and also the risk that some songs/films wouldn't be picked at all, which seems counter to the spirit of the whole thing.

Like Hoblit, I think the names in a hat approach is best. "Work with what you're given" is the norm for Songfighters (and I assume Filmfighters) anyway.

(Also: I love this idea!)
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

I'd love to see some someone make a video for my "Under the Horse" (aka. the Catherine the Great beastiality song). I've seen a lot of fine German-based websites that may be able to provide inspiration.

Whatever - I'd enjoy seeing someting come from this
johnsonic
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by johnsonic »

I'm down like James Brown.
BUTTZ?
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

Music videos don't do much for me, but writing songs to someone's rough film and then collaborating on bringing them together tickles my loins.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast

Post by Adam! »

15-16 puzzle wrote:Organize a 2 week megaevent: Week 1: Songfighters make songs, and filmfighters make films. Week 2: Send your completed song or film to your correspnding person, and then either score a film or make a music video.
I like it.
tonetripper
Mean Street
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Sitar, Theremin, Lap Steel, Djembe
Recording Method: Cubase 6, Live 7, Reason 5, UAD 2, MOTU Ultralite, Mackie 1620i onyx
Submitting as: tonetripper, redcar, gert, draft and others

Post by tonetripper »

I'm sure Redcar would be into this. If not then I sure would love to have a stab at it. That is ofcourse if Redcar doesn't do it. Cool idea JB.
mico saudad
Mean Street

Post by mico saudad »

I am very interested in this. I've always wanted to help score a movie. This would be great fun...
SaxManRunning!
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by SaxManRunning! »

It sounds good, ofcourse unlikely I would participate on the song side, and slightly more likely I'd be in on the video side. That's about all I've got.
millertime83
A New Player

Post by millertime83 »

How many of you sonfighters are also filmfighters? This could be a really cool "filmfight". We just need a logistical way to assemble.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

millertime83 wrote:How many of you sonfighters are also filmfighters? This could be a really cool "filmfight". We just need a logistical way to assemble.
I almost was... was the cameraman for a project that went unfinished. I've often thought about it ...I have a set up where i can produce movies by the given streaming standards. (Due to recent job quittage I no longer have access to the finer capture devices)