shannon hurley- remix contest

Organize yourselfs.
shannonsongs
A New Player
Submitting as: shannon hurley

shannon hurley- remix contest

Post by shannonsongs »

I am very excited to announce a contest to remix songs from my new album, "Ready to Wake Up". If you can imagine a brand new version of any of these songs, now is the time to show off your creative style.

The winning remixes will appear on "Ready to Wake Up-the Remix Album".

This contest is open to everyone. Soon, the stems (bass, voice, piano, guitar, strings/FX and drums) will be available for download and you can remix your own version of the songs. You can do this by adding your own beats and instrumentation or just remixing the original parts.

You will then be able to upload your finished mixes onto my website and your song will be judged and even voted on by 'the public'.
You will also be able to create a widget allowing votes from your own website, Facebook or MySpace page to be sent through too.

To stay up-to-the-minute on contest details, please sign up for my newsletter at http://www.myspace.com/shannonhurley
Good luck, and looking forward to hearing your remixes!
xoxo Shannon Hurley
obscurity
Mean Street
Instruments: Keyboards (88-note and qwerty), guitar, bass & edrums.
Recording Method: Pod X3 Live & Yamaha 01X -> Cubase 5 & Komplete 5
Submitting as: soon as I see a title that inspires me.

Re: shannon hurley- remix contest

Post by obscurity »

Hmm....an album from some random stranger who's never posted to the boards before and doesn't even give me a clue what kind of music it is (much less why I'd want to remix it), or a new nine inch nails album. I wonder which one I'll be spending my time remixing? :)

'Because once I start I cannot stop myself!'
obscurity.

"Only the great masters of style ever succeed in being obscure." - Oscar Wilde.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Re: shannon hurley- remix contest

Post by roymond »

Well, she did link to her myspace page..."One of Rolling Stone’s Best 25 Bands on MySpace"

Pretty bland pretty music. I can think of some interesting ways to remix her. But then if I had that time I'd be in Nur Ein.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face