Organize yourselfs.
wages
Panama
Instruments: Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Recording Method: Zoom h4n, Audacity
Submitting as: Wages

Need a good live drummer

Post by wages »

We've got a full band recording for my "Who Needs Sleep", but I think the tune could be better with a live drummer. Anyone interested in working on it? Here is the track at its current state:
http://www.philwages.com/music/TheEAF_WhoNeedsSleep.mp3

EDIT: Here is the no drums/no vocals version (if you need the vocals for some reason, let me know):
http://www.philwages.com/music/TheEAF_W ... odrums.mp3

It is 90 BPM

I'm thinking that the drummer would write the drums the way he/she wants (so you don't have to make it "like" what they currently are). I believe a drummer could bring this tune from being "good" to potentially "great" if the right beats were laid down. Let me know if you are interested!
Last edited by wages on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wages - Hoglen & Wages - The Affirmative Mention - Gawking Urethras - The EAF - and more
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Need a good live drummer

Post by Lunkhead »

Can you post a version that doesn't have drums? Also, how many beats per minute?
wages
Panama

Post by wages »

Lunkhead wrote:Can you post a version that doesn't have drums? Also, how many beats per minute?
Sure. I'll post it as soon as I can get it.

EDIT: BTW, I'm glad to take drums from anyone if you're willing to do it! Of course, I want something "better" than what we've got, so if we decide we don't like the drums you've done for any reason, please don't be offended if we have to look for something different. ;) I'm hoping for something that really makes the song standout. Perhaps "indie" is the term I should be using. {thanks Lunkhead!} :{>

Anyway, I don't know if I could be more vague as to what I'm looking for. Right now, I'm listening to Kings of Leon and the the drummer somehow makes such basic music sound amazing. That's my goal. :D
Wages - Hoglen & Wages - The Affirmative Mention - Gawking Urethras - The EAF - and more
wages
Panama

Post by wages »

Here is the no drums/no vocals version (if you need the vocals for some reason, let me know):
http://www.philwages.com/music/TheEAF_W ... odrums.mp3