Digital Chimera

Post lyrics to your song fight entries. If you have lyrics in search of music, post those here in the Lyric Marte thread.
nyjm
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: acoustic guitar, electric guitar, synth, various MIDI instruments
Recording Method: Reaper, Line 6 POD, GLS Audio 57 and 58
Submitting as: noah mclaughlin, Ford's Theater Disaster, Juliet's Happy Dagger

Digital Chimera

Post by nyjm »

digital chimera
- noah mclaughlin

This word is an idea. This idea is a word. And the bridge between them is a chimera that rules the entire universe of thought: a terrible, tyrannical form created of shadow and nightmare that is never there when you stare at it. It's the embodiment of Heisenberg, chasing the electron around and around, but the harder you look, the less you find.

chimere numerique

This word is an idea. This idea is a word. The greatest expression of the human spirit can never be spoken or even thought, for then the chimera would be captured, its shadows immersed in the darkness of void, its three heads grasped and torn from its own body and placed under the most terrible of microscopes that certain perverts call an explication de texte. The infinite and the marvelous that we live to catch will have been taken and chained and questioned and measured and detailed and studied and written off and forgotten.

There won't be nothin' you can't measure anymore.

chimere numerique

Walk the perfect web and be nothing but the fly and our chimera the spider that paralyzes you and sucks out your insides. Your soul is a tasty morsel for the tires and motors and engine grease that cover the world.

This word is an idea. This idea is a word. A traveling monk is a liar and a wandering Jew an illusion, the noble savage a phantasm and big brother a nightmare; Quasimodo makes us cringe and sigh and Hercules makes us cheer and sneer. Everything nothing but incorporeal incarnations of the chimera that you must never catch but you must always seek.

This is your God, academia. This is your God, CEOs. This is your God, politicians, grafters, hangers-on. The chimera is the word and the idea and the bridge in between.
"You sound like the ghost of David Bowie." - SchlimminyCricket | it was a pleasure to burn | my website | Juliet's Happy Dagger
drë
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar
Recording Method: protools
Submitting as: Andre was here at Midnight

Post by drë »

<b>Digital Chimera</b>
<i>- Andre was here at midnight</i>

Didn’t mean to, cause any trouble
I was just pretending, to be in love
I was just pretending, to be a boy

Got your picture in my head
Like a digital chimera
That won’t erase

Get me a magnet (hurry up, hurry up)
Am wasting my time (hurry up, hurry up)
With a digital chimera (hurry up, hurry up)
Drowning my mind (hurry up, hurry up)
Get me a magnet (hurry up, hurry up)
Swallow me whole (hurry up, hurry up)
And take me forever (hurry up, hurry up)
To get back home

Never though it will be so bad
But the butterflies in the stomach
Are long dead
There’s nothing wrong with me I say
Maybe a little bit, delusional in my head

You’re my digital chimera
So please come back
Before this magnet
Eraser’s us...

Hurry up, hurry up...