Kombos Modular MIDI Keyboard

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Kombos Modular MIDI Keyboard

Post by Lunkhead »

I came across this cool looking modular MIDI keyboard actually from an ad that came up when watching a TV show online. (Frighteningly accurate ad targeting!) It's one of those ideas that seems so obvious in hindsight. The keyboard consists of a left piece, a right piece, and a middle piece, which has one octave of keys, and you can use 0-3 middle pieces. It's got full size keys but it's still portable because of how it breaks down into pieces.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/komb ... sic-design#/

Seems potentially pretty useful. I have a 61-key keyboard that I never used because I didn't use enough of the range of it often enough to justify the space it consumed being set up all the time. But to replace it I've been using one of those little tiny keyboards with the tiny keys, which is ok for drum programming but not great for playing actual keyboard parts.

They're taking preorders now.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Kombos Modular MIDI Keyboard

Post by ken »

That is very clever. This way you don't need a bunch of different keyboards for different situations. I also like that it is fairly simple and they didn't try to include drum pads and sliders and such.
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang