Plugin Alliance

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.

Moderator: Mods

starfinger
Benji
Instruments: electricity
Recording Method: traveler mk1
Submitting as: starfinger

Plugin Alliance

Postby starfinger » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:28 am

I wanted to make sure you guys were aware of http://plugin-alliance.com

I'm trying to get better at mixing/mastering etc, and a lot of the high-end plugins are really expensive. Indeed, if you look at this site, most of the prices are exorbitant, but they have crazy sales! I'm building a pretty serious collection of awesome tools over here.

Another thing that's neat is that once you've spent enough money there, they give you a monthly voucher to spend. I get $35/month, and I can use it on sales. I just bought an awesome analog-modeled pultec EQ for $4 !

This post feels like spam, but I assure you It's coming from a good place.

-craig
starfinger
Benji

Re: Plugin Alliance

Postby starfinger » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:31 am

Oh, one more thing: Unfiltered Audio distributes their plugins exclusively through plugin-alliance. Most of these are extremely creative, for those of you more interested in sound design than mixing (see Dent 2, Sandman Pro, SpecOps...). I got Dent 2 for free during Xmas between my voucher and their holiday sale.
jb
Scrappy Dappy
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Postby jb » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:27 pm

Have you considered any of the subscription models? Like Slate Digital has one, and I think Waves has one?

I have to cut myself off from new plugins until I learn some of the ones I've already got. :-/ Stupid Waves got me with that new channel strip. And those Izotope bastards! Staaaahp.

And then f-ing Logic comes out with more crap all the time to learn. ;)

JB
starfinger
Benji

Postby starfinger » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:22 pm

My concern about the subscription plans is that having so many options would make it harder to learn any one thing well. I like the izotope stuff too!

Return to “Help and How To”