Why/How you should double tracks rather than make a copy and pan.

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
Chumpy
Twilight Sparkle
Instruments: Vocals, guitar, bass
Recording Method: Logic
Submitting as: Jerkatorium, Chumpy
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Why/How you should double tracks rather than make a copy and pan.

Post by Chumpy »

Pigfarmer Jr wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:42 am
I'm very confused... why did you say "somewhat?"
Yeah, it's painful. I recently discovered there are multiple (depending on how much you want to spend) products from a company called Synchro Arts that automate my tedious manual process of aligning and tuning duplicate vocal tracks to a guide. I may get "Revoice Pro" as it does both, and would end up saving me hours of work.
"I don't recommend ending on a bad joke." --ken
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Post by ujnhunter »

Chumpy wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:40 am
Pigfarmer Jr wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:42 am
I'm very confused... why did you say "somewhat?"
Yeah, it's painful. I recently discovered there are multiple (depending on how much you want to spend) products from a company called Synchro Arts that automate my tedious manual process of aligning and tuning duplicate vocal tracks to a guide. I may get "Revoice Pro" as it does both, and would end up saving me hours of work.
There is a free script that does the same thing in Reaper (if you'd rather use Reaper for free than spend $99+ on a VST) or you can also use Reaper to put stretch markers on transients of grouped items and grab them all at once yourself manually... there is a video out there somewhere from Kenny G on that one...
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
jeff robertson
Panama
Instruments: guitar, bass, programming
Recording Method: Reaper, Audacity
Submitting as: FLVXXVM FLORVM, Jeff Robertson and the Neo-Candylanders
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jeff robertson »

jb wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:23 am
Yeah! I’ve done that too! Play your song through then chop it up and put copies where it makes sense and poof, you’ve doubled the part.
I'm fairly certain this technique used to be named after the first songfighter that took the time to explain to everyone how to do it. I don't remember who that was, though.