Online collaboration technologies

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
AJOwens
Panama
Instruments: bass, guitar, keyboards, drums, flute
Recording Method: Reaper, Reason Adapted, M-Audio 1010LT + 2496 (Windows XP)
Submitting as: James Owens, The Chebuctones
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Online collaboration technologies

Post by AJOwens »

Lunkhead wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:00 am

Every file storage service has built-in ways to share links to files to people via email, or at least, Dropbox and Google Drive definitely do, and that seems like a very basic function that ought to be pretty in any such service. You shouldn't need to use any additional tools other than the file storage service itself, as far as I'm aware.
Thanks. For the record, FileLink appears to be an e-mail front end only. When I signed up with it, I had to choose a cloud storage service such as WebDav, Dropbox, or OwnCloud. So I set up a Dropbox, having used it in the distant past, and FileLink added itself as a member. Now, when I add an attachment over a certain limit (default 5 MB), the FileLink plugin acts on my behalf to upload the file to Dropbox and send a link to the email recipient. This is not strictly necessary, since I could share the file from Dropbox myself, but it is convenient.

I must look into this "Song Fight Slack Workspace" thing I see on the sticky boards. . .
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Online collaboration technologies

Post by ken »

gizo wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:11 pm
I just share my entire Logic projects with Toshiro and Crumpet. Let them see my substantial warts and farts.

We use some point-to-point sync tool rather than anything g cloudy. Dunno why.
This is really nice if everyone is using the same version of the same DAW.
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang