LOOK WHAT I GOT!!!!

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

LOOK WHAT I GOT!!!!

Post by Leaf »

Yes sir... the thread to display the new gear you have picked up recently, and even to talk about your impressions of said gear....

I don't own a digital camera, however, I did find photos of this stuff on the web.... so here I go!!

+

+

=

tons of fun.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

The metal set up of the century... do rawk on.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

is that what's considered a "dinky"?

leaf's got a dinky! :wink:

jackson is the brand of choice for lil speedmetalheads around the globe....
Hi!
Leaf
Jump
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

The cabinet sounds excellent... real nice balanced tone, lots of air moving, but the rig sounds equally great at low volumes or high... I haven't actually got the guitar yet, it's getting set up cause it had nines on it, and I can't stand the feel or tone of nines, I'm a 10's man (DR's). The little group I'm trying my hand at guitar with is doing heavier stuff... we're mostly doing covers right now... helmet, big sugar, coc, police, ... kinda of a metal/reggae mix... it's what we like. Could care less if it's in or not... we're a "for fun" band... has to be with my guitar skills!!!

Anyway, that amp rocks too... 100 watts stereo, it's got a full pre and post pararmetric eq covering three bands... low, mids, highs, and built in comrpession, noise suppression, xlr left and right outs with speaker modelling, two delay modes, tap delay, reverb, hi gain, phaser, tremelo, chorus and pitch shifter... oh and a flanger... all controlled by a midi mate....

every year when I start up teaching again, I buy a whack of stuff from the store I work at... it's like I teach for gear!! (my day job is for the family finances, and lessons pay for music stuff!!)... I've already got the whole year mapped out!!

So... I invite anyone to share photos or stories of new, fun gear they've gotten right here... it's not the studio shots thread though...(suprised no one has started that one yet) .
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

wow, i would totally drive a few hours to see a band that covers helmet and the police, if both were done exceptionally well. :?
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

The Helmet sounds great. The police music sounds great, but I'm not sure if I can sing Roxanne convincingly, and we're doing Message in a Botttle, the vocals are fine, but that's a tough guitar part for me! I'm also trying syncronicity II...

...and we're alot more than a couple hours from you dude!~!
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

yeah, i see that. i didn't say i would drive all the way to british columbia, but i mean if you guys like launched a nationwide tour or something, i would be willing to drive as far as maybe southern ontario or something :)
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

well that's cool... (for the record, I knew you knew!) When we get our shit together, we'll probably do some demos for bookings, and I'll post a link. This would be in a few months though.. we just started working on it...
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Post by ken »

Last night I scored a boss tu-012 tuner pedal with power supply and daisy chain to power other pedals for $70. Now I will be in tune, and expect it will help keep us all in tune at the next Songfight Live!

Ken
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

ken wrote:Last night I scored a boss tu-012 tuner pedal with power supply and daisy chain to power other pedals for $70. Now I will be in tune, and expect it will help keep us all in tune at the next Songfight Live!

Ken
Hey, those are great pedals man! I got one, but it cost me 150... course, in American, that's like $25... kidding, you got a good deal!